It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So when this person is a grocery store checker is she going to refuse service to same sex couples buy BBQ stuff???

I suspect that they'll have reason to regret this decision in the future.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I'm free to make the decision that they are idiots.

Absolutely. But I don't think so. It's their lives and their choice. If that's how they feel, who am I to judge? I wouldn't do the same, but if it was another issue? Say, I worked at a job (like a restaurant in Texas) where my responsibilities included turning away gay people... I would quit. It's just my morals.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Like I said, they are 100% free to make that decision, but I'm not going to pretend like I won't think less of them for acting on their bigotry.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

So when this person is a grocery store checker is she going to refuse service to same sex couples buy BBQ stuff???

I doubt it. It's not against her religion for gay people to have a BBQ. LOL! I don't know where she draws the line, but if they're already married, at least she didn't have a hand in it. That would be my guess. But you make a great point.

I suspect that they'll have reason to regret this decision in the future.

I agree.Taking this "stand" isn't going to help their "cause" at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Depends on the state.. but i would guess maybe?

www.americanprogress.org... inst-lgbt-americans/

Twenty-eight states lack protections for LGB Americans from discrimination in the areas of housing, employment, education, access to credit, and public accommodations.
Thirty-one states lack the same protections for transgender Americans.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not a christian. I'm not religious. But I do feel children may need a man and a woman in their life. I'm unsure if parents should be traditional, but perhaps? Who am I say say evolution doesn't want a child's parents to be a man and woman? Regardless of what WE want, evolution will do what it does. I do distrust all of this going on in our country. I think people want this and want that, but what do we actually know? Given parents so often hand over their children to day care because both parents are usually working and so many people are focused on their computers and daily jobs and education and health and so on, however justified they're in doing so, does it really matter if what we do now hurts our children somehow? It won't be intentional, but oftentimes what we do to others isn't.

I htink I have a conservative and a liberal on both shoulders.

Look here, it could be two same-sex parents can bring up a child fine. Maybe children don't even need human parents. My reaction to all this is simply to be cautious. I don't know, so I distrust. Reality is confusing.
edit on 1-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Well how about starting off by looking at all the instances of children growing up with same sex parents and being perfectly fine and functioning adults?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well how about starting off by looking at all the instances of children growing up with same sex parents and being perfectly fine and functioning adults?

Because we've been doing that for 1000's of years? Perfectly fine in teh span of 50 years is not the same as 1,000 or 10,000. And what of the dynamics of all of these different parent-types interacting? I've read studies which imply homosexuals are good for children, but only because they act as support, not as primary parents.

Just saying we hardly KNOW. Maybe you're confident. I'm not.

Not trying to be offensive. Like I say, a conservative and liberal are always on both sides of me. I'm on the fence.
edit on 1-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
does it really matter if what we do now hurts our children somehow? I

My parents (a man and a woman, married until death) hurt me a LOT. There's no connection between the gender of parents and the "baggage" they unload on their kids. Most of us spend our lives trying to recover from the damage done by parents who usually didn't know any better.

Look here, it could be two same-sex parents can bring up a child fine.

There are MANY examples that this statement is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't share your confidence. But maybe you're right.

I hope you're.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How do we know that any combination of Genders are going to be the right one? how man children that have come out of Heterosexual Parents end up as Killers,Rapist,Criminals etc

Why do we need a "Male" and "Female" role to raise a child?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

How do we know that any combination of Genders are going to be the right one? how man children that have come out of Heterosexual Parents end up as Killers,Rapist,Criminals etc

Why do we need a "Male" and "Female" role to raise a child?

PRECISELY!

johnnywhite mentioned a lack of confidence...and yet hetero parents HAVE been raising kids for 1000's of years...and we have things like elitism, war, murder, rape, drug use, pedophilia, and all the other things that some folks (not johnnywhite in this point) think that gay parents will somehow being about

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

OK!!!

Heterosexual Couples even have...GLBTQ+ kids!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

OK!!!

Heterosexual Couples even have...GLBTQ+ kids!

I KNOW!!! Those scoundrels

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

And thus the Gay Agenda is really the Straight Agenda, to have GLBTQ+ children that would end religion and end families and bring about the NWO all the while the straight people sit and wait and when it's all over just straight people remain.. until they have more GLBTQ+ children!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

vhb: It was intended as BEING BOTH; and you are NOT my judge or juror in determining the value of "the seriousness of said post". Though I am still on the run I may turn myself into authorities.

KrazyhshOt: Um... Ok... I was just asking. Remind not to ever respond to you again if you are just going to "flip" out on people asking questions about the tone of your posts. It's only very difficult to emote through your speech online and all.

I am not "FLIPPER" as have never been a Dolphin. Although I speak in 'clicks and whistles' there is no real tonality. I emote just fine through random keystroked words (and all).
edit on 1-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Tell that to the earthworm or the amoeba.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Are you comparing Children of Same-Sex parents to an Earth Worm?

i don't know if you are being sarcastic or actually serious?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Interesting, in a piece from euronews, reflecting on 12 years of so-called, gay "marriage" in The Netherlands. (An old article, now14 years?)

"A recent study by Dutch and American scientists surveyed lgbt 18-24 year olds and found 64% had thought about suicide, and 13% had attempted suicide. For straight Dutch kids of the same age group, the numbers were 10% and 2%"

Then, as predicted, the researchers conclude this is because of Continued bullying and harassment. Really? 64%? So to prevent 13% of these kids from trying to kill themselves, it's everyone else who needs to change their behavior? Maybe it's a little deeper than that. Shouldn't we be looking into why 64% think about killing themselves? Are you curious at all as to why 13% of these poor kids, who identify with this disorder, are actually trying to kill themselves?

I'm no psychologist, but I have read that folks who go to this extreme are suffering from a severe case of identity crisis. I'm sure bullying an intimidation accounts for some, but 64%? Really? 64 vs 13%. 10 vs 2% actually try it? Hmmm. Those are scary numbers. Unhealthy numbers.

Statistics don't lie, statisticians do.

Identifying as lgbt in The Netherlands is mentally unhealthy, statistically speaking.

That's the mental health aspect. The physical health numbers are more easily found.

These questions need to be pondered.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join