It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

It was an important inch we gained, but we've still got miles to go before we sleep.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

It was an important inch we gained, but we've still got miles to go before we sleep.

Yep, no sleep until "the gay agenda"* is fully fulfilled.

* i don't subscribe to the notion that there is a "gay agenda" but I do like to poke fun at those who believe there is this big rainbow/lavender-pink-blue flag conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

It was Very Important, and i know i talk about the other issues a lot.. maybe it sounds like i'm unsatisfied, i don't take it for granted.. i mean i'm 23 so i obviously haven't been fighting this fight as long as many, many who lost their lives continuing this fight, but it's going to take the next generation, and the next etc to continue this fight.. we can't become complacent

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

You mean you never got your glitter handbook or the sparkle communicator?

We are usually way better organized than this.

edit on 7/3/2015 by MonkeyFishFrog because: forgot the wink

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

From an outsider's perspective, it may look like that but it couldn't have been farther from the truth. Every victory we gain, we have to temper that with the knowledge that while some of us have moved forward, others are held or even pushed back. That while in North America, we now have the freedom to marry, but our brothers and sisters are being raped, imprisoned and murdered in Africa.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

It was Very Important, and i know i talk about the other issues a lot.. maybe it sounds like i'm unsatisfied, i don't take it for granted.. i mean i'm 23 so i obviously haven't been fighting this fight as long as many, many who lost their lives continuing this fight, but it's going to take the next generation, and the next etc to continue this fight.. we can't become complacent

Agreed. You are only 3 years older than me but i suspect that by the time we're both old and grey there will still be some issues having to do with some of the injustices we're talking about here.

It is my hope that those injustices will have long been a thing of the past in the USA and other similar countries. Of course the countries of Africa and much of Asia are just starting to address and acknowledge the fact that LGBTIQ people actually exist in their country so it's quite likely (at least I hope) that if these things are still an issues in the world it will long have been in the past in America in the 2095 or whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You mean you never got your glitter handbook or the sparkle communicator?

We are usually way better organized than this.

It was Pride Week. I suspect whoever was in charge had a heck of a weekend.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

From an outsider's perspective, it may look like that but it couldn't have been farther from the truth. Every victory we gain, we have to temper that with the knowledge that while some of us have moved forward, others are held or even pushed back. That while in North America, we now have the freedom to marry, but our brothers and sisters are being raped, imprisoned and murdered in Africa.

^^ Great minds think alike. I was just writing about something along those lines.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Exactly, like the Governmental Genocide of AIDS in the US, Africa is forcing Genocide upon their people we deal with it on a Microlevel to survive, but on a Macrolevel people are essentially getting deleted without thought

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh, you make me feel so old

i would hope these issue are dealt with before i turn old and grey..well, i don't think i'll ever be grey, because this Queen is going to stay a Queen!

but, yeah.. i would hope these issues can be dealt with now, or sooner so we can just breath for a second

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Now you both are making me feel old at 27.

I agree that though we might not see discrimination go completely away in our lifetimes, we are going to be witnesses to its dismantling. These are going to be dichotomous times of beautiful and painful growth.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There is hope, behind the darkness and hate, there is hope and a voice and if we yell together we can break down the wall

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just a couple more articles for anyone interested

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

*edit to add*

Bayard Rustin is fascinating, i love reading about him and everything he did

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 4-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

(post by Mileleni removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mileleni

Thanks, and Welcome to the freak show

today we are accepting free admission if you would like to join

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mileleni

I think you will find it is your own shnizle that is getting old.
The world has evolved pity some will get left behind.

(post by Mileleni removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is exactly what we have been saying, we are viewed as Second Class.

www.lgbtqnation.com...

“Words do matter,” said Niki Zupanic of the American Civil Liberties Union of Montana. “Even though the ban can’t be enforced any longer, keeping them on the books is sending the message that gay and lesbian citizens are second class.”

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
This is exactly what we have been saying, we are viewed as Second Class.

www.lgbtqnation.com...

“Words do matter,” said Niki Zupanic of the American Civil Liberties Union of Montana. “Even though the ban can’t be enforced any longer, keeping them on the books is sending the message that gay and lesbian citizens are second class.”

In this 'politically correct' world everyone could be viewed as 'second class citizens' (whatever you do; do not voice an objective opinion) as OPINIONS are no longer allowed.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join