It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree also, that is one of the few articles that mention that as an GLBTQ+ issue, when it's an issue on all sides an not an "GLBTQ+ Issue" so would say '8 Issues' not 9

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yea, the clear next step is to just extend LGBT as a federally protected class and be done with it. After that, most of the remaining issues should fall into place and we can fix the ones and twos that pop up as we go along like we do with black rights.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, that would be a best case scenario.. and hopefully doesn't take 'X' amount of time to do so either. i'm hoping we have some kind of momentum and people don't get complacent.

Do you know the steps it takes?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Not particularly. Though, if you are looking to learn, I'd suggest researching the steps that were taken to get blacks or any other minority group listed as one.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Thanks, i'm going to do that..

talking about it makes me wonder why didn't all People just get the same protections from the beginning?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well TECHNICALLY they already do. It's just that we've discovered the loopholes in the Constitution that allow us to make that not the case and have abused them to the detriment of others.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does this just fall under the 14th Amendment again, and would it require another Supreme Court Ruling?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Start your research with the history of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That is the legislation protected classes comes from.

Here is the history of where different groups got their protected class status (like I said, it started with the CRA of 1964)
Protected class

Does that help?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yes thanks!

i have a lot of reading to do, i'm just wondering if it's something that grassroots efforts can start of if we have to wait for organizations such as the HRC and GLADD etc

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I can't answer that question. I imagine if your dedication is solid enough, a grassroots campaign certainly COULD get things accomplished.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah, or at least get it attention and hopefully supporters.. but the ENDA has been discarded by Congress numerous times already, so to go for full Federal Protection is going to be a challenge

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah, it is certainly another up hill battle you guys are facing. You got my support though. I have no problems with LGBT; as long as y'all continue to pursue equality and nothing more, I'll be behind you guys.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Right, The GLBTQ+ people have been fighting throughout History..i mean there are always going to be people in all Communities that abuse things, or take it to extremes etc. just because we are GLBTQ+ doesn't mean everyone of us is 100% the best people in the world. but we also shouldn't be all judged on those people either because most of the GLBTQ+ cause is for Equality and not a special treatment.. though i would like to see a Drag Queen as president just like once

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Of course, I wasn't trying to imply anything with that post.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No, No.. i was agreeing with you

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
actually i am blaming the NWO/Illuminati Soros Rothschild Rockefeller (all out of the Quigley outlined Milner/Rhodes cabal) for a very sophisticated and disguised attack on the family. Showing the trend toward marrying children was the reducto ad absurdum. but those cheering on freedom for LGBTfs will not see it. with the family gone, it is the individual versus the state, now corporations that created TPP. and the individual will lose.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
County Clerks Resign Over Supreme Court Ruling

This is how it should be. If a person cannot fulfill their job, they should find another job.

Grenada County’s circuit clerk is resigning, saying that issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples violates her religious beliefs.
On Monday, Dana Guffey — the clerk in Cleburne County, Ark., also resigned, citing her moral objection to same-sex marriage.

Arkansas County Clerk Resigns

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It certainly is the right thing to do, but man how intolerant do you have to be to actually quit your livelihood and career over some silly nonsense like this? Of course, that is those people's decision to make. I'm not going to hold it against them or anything, but I'm free to make the decision that they are idiots.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly, but i agree with Krazysh0t, you are willing to give up your Job just because you refuse to accept Humans.. i mean i guess it shows the true nature of people when everything is stripped away and you are left with your own choice

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

Oh, okay for a second i thought it was something else to blame on the GLBTQ+

Lets see.. attack on the Family, like Divorce?

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join