It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Fromabove

Honestly, i'm sorry you feel that way.. it must be.. well.. ignorance can't be fun.

The funny thing is, study after study proves the opposite. Conservatives are vastly more happy than liberals. These studies go back to the 60's. So call it ignorance if you want, but the science is settled, it is more fun that being liberal.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Ahh yes, the totally fair and balanced and unbiased Family Research Council....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

here you go

Hey, thanks for providing an un-biased source. That really explains a lot.

Honestly, i'm sorry you feel that way.. it must be.. well.. ignorance can't be fun.

The funny thing is, study after study proves the opposite. Conservatives are vastly more happy than liberals. These studies go back to the 60's. So call it ignorance if you want, but the science is settled, it is more fun that being liberal.

But science says they are a lot more afraid. I won't provide links unless you feel it's useful...pigs and whistling and all, eh?

edit on 28-6-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

No I will NOT just let it go. YOU stated States' rights are the way to be. That was a state right. And while gay/trans are not routinely whipped and made to work for free, they can be fired on the spot. They have been attacked countless times for their "gayness." Tortured, whipped, beat, and so-called corrective rape. Slavery, while on a major scaled was in some ways a bit different, came down to the idea of equality (or lack thereof)

So let's try a different route.

Forget slavery. Let's say tomorrow states' rights happen and certain states say no interracial marriage...EVNE IF it is hetero
It's a state right

Good for them. I don't support that, and would fight for their inclusion in marriage (actually I'd fight for marriage to be dropped by the government, like I have for homosexuals. The government has no business in marriage.)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Interesting/ like if two girls hold hands or hug or have sleepovers etc they could be friends. but guys would be 'Gay'

or clothes, it's more acceptable now for Women to wear what some would perceive "Men's clothes" than men wearing a dress or something

link   

here you go

And who would think that the Family Research Council might be biased in their study results?

The Family Research Council (FRC) bills itself as “the leading voice for the family in our nation’s halls of power,” but its real specialty is defaming gays and lesbians. The FRC often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science. The intention is to denigrate LGBT people in its battles against same-sex marriage, hate crimes laws, anti-bullying programs and the repeal of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.

To make the case that the LGBT community is a threat to American society, the FRC employs a number of “policy experts” whose “research” has allowed the FRC to be extremely active politically in shaping public debate. Its research fellows and leaders often testify before Congress and appear in the mainstream media. It also works at the grassroots level, conducting outreach to pastors in an effort to “transform the culture.”

Southern Poverty Law Center - Family Research Council

Family Research Council Fabricating Scientific Content

Family Research Council Clearly Lying About Scientific Evidence and Gay Parenting

And so on ...

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

here you go

Ahhhhh, the ad hominen rears it's ugly head.

Same goes for griffin boy there.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Cite one of these "studies" that's not published in some right-wing rag. One reputable study.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So do blonds.. i don't have a political label...or blond hair.. though i do wear blond wigs

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Because gay marriage will destroy society. Gay people will not, but promoting a gay union as being the same as a heterosexual union will.

THERE IT IS!

Now you are being honest. You don't like gay people. That's ok. Free world and free speech.

Correction, I don't mind gay people. I don't like gay marriage. two things unequal should not be treated equally.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

here you go

You don't understand what ad hominem is, do you?

Ad hominem would be IF I said something like "Hey, Dfairlite, you're an gutless idiot who has run out of arguments and is now posting long-discredited progaganda."

See the difference? I don't think you're a gutless idiot per se, but your posts are getting incredibly thin on anything that could be called "argument" or "content."

Ad hominem doesn't merely mean "something I don't like."

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Texas Governor Abbott and company say no.

Abbott started it yesterday and Paxton carries it on today.

Texas AG tells clerks they can flout Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage
edit on 6/28/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Cite one of these "studies" that's not published in some right-wing rag. One reputable study.

Will five thirty eight do? You know, by liberal nate silver?

link   

Because gay marriage will destroy society. Gay people will not, but promoting a gay union as being the same as a heterosexual union will.

THERE IT IS!

Now you are being honest. You don't like gay people. That's ok. Free world and free speech.

Correction, I don't mind gay people. I don't like gay marriage. two things unequal should not be treated equally.

There is a very simple solution to the issue then, if you're telling the truth (I don't believe you).

Don't Marry Someone of Your Own Sex.

Problem solved.

Surely you don't think it's your job to tell others what to do in their lives, do you?

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Ahh yes, the totally fair and balanced and unbiased Family Research Council....

Ad hominem. Grand. Amazing you all sing the same song.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

here you go

You don't understand what ad hominem is, do you?

Ad hominem would be IF I said something like "Hey, Dfairlite, you're an gutless idiot who has run out of arguments and is now posting long-discredited progaganda."

See the difference? I don't think you're a gutless idiot per se, but your posts are getting incredibly thin on anything that could be called "argument" or "content."

Ad hominem doesn't merely mean "something I don't like."

Yes, that is ad-hominem. As is attacking a source and not the data. know your fallacies

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

These people are willing to deny the constitution they are always saying is being destroyed
edit on 28-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You really need to read beyond just the first few lines of your sources out of the Google-ator Machine:

From your article:

But a paper published in the March 13, 2015, issue of Science seemed to turn the happiness gap on its head by showing that when happiness is measured using behavioral cues, liberals come out ahead. The researchers examined happiness according to three different measures — self reporting (the method that produced the happiness gap), language, and facial expressions. The results showed that conservatives say they’re happier, but liberals more often behave like happy people, by using positive language and smiling genuinely.

Er, next???

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You really need to read beyond just the first few lines of your sources out of the Google-ator Machine:

From your article:

But a paper published in the March 13, 2015, issue of Science seemed to turn the happiness gap on its head by showing that when happiness is measured using behavioral cues, liberals come out ahead. The researchers examined happiness according to three different measures — self reporting (the method that produced the happiness gap), language, and facial expressions. The results showed that conservatives say they’re happier, but liberals more often behave like happy people, by using positive language and smiling genuinely.

Er, next???

Ummm yes, it's pretty simple, nate silver is trying to explain how maybe liberals are happier but don't know it. His admission that this is a well known fact (conservatives are happier) should serve as plenty of evidence.

But if you need yet another liberal source how about the new york times

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

yeah, it is really sad...I am glad it is now legal in all the states and I am straight...when did we corner the market on marriage, like we are all so respectful of it.....how many stories do we see about spouses being abused, physically, mentally verbally...
how many wives have been killed by their husbands (and some husbands killed/abused by their wives)

horror stories of children being abused by their parents (mother and father)....tortured, killed......how can we claim marriage is ours when all these terrible things happen.......

serial killers (how many were raised in "traditional" household".

whether LGBT they are people, they feel , and yes they love...a lot have been in long term relationships waiting for years for the right to marry...finally they can

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join