It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Because gay marriage will destroy society.

Okie Dokie... It was nice talking to you before you jumped the shark.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

That some married couples can't or won't have children does not take away from the purpose of marriage, as they are still a man and woman, two components that create the marriage.

The purpose of marriage isn't about having children. It's about companionship and support, in sickness and health. As a matter of fact, children are conceived outside of marriage, outside of committed relationships and outside of love everyday.
edit on 28-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Honestly, i'm sorry you feel that way.. it must be.. well.. ignorance can't be fun. i'm sorry that you feel that we as Humans are just imitating you Heterosexuals..

so the best you can do is just keep your ignorance hidden behind your Bedroom, you know, don't spit on us and imitate people who celebrate love equality and freedom

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

My aunt was like that. When the Civil Marriage Act passed in Canada she said that it took away from the legitimacy of her own marriage to her husband and lessened it.

A year after it passed, I asked her if she still felt that way. She was embarrassed and a little ashamed to admit that, no, nothing in her marriage changed and CMA had no effect on it whatsoever.

Today? She is mad at her past self because of her feelings and condemnation.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
Marriage is the same way. marriage is a male-female institution. A man comes into union with a woman through sex and from this union another human being is conceived and born into the world.

Homosexuals, at best can play with one another, or as some would say, have some sexual contact with each other. But it's no more than that. Buddies, if you will. But it can never be a marriage because marriage, even if the homosexuals are given a nice piece of paper, a ring, and allowed to present it to society. To most of society, they will just be pretenders.

xxx xxxx...you could say the same for straight couples who marry later in life, and have no intention of having kids.

edit on 28-6-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: it's not nice to call somebody an idiot.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

No I will NOT just let it go. YOU stated States' rights are the way to be. That was a state right. And while gay/trans are not routinely whipped and made to work for free, they can be fired on the spot. They have been attacked countless times for their "gayness." Tortured, whipped, beat, and so-called corrective rape. Slavery, while on a major scaled was in some ways a bit different, came down to the idea of equality (or lack thereof)

So let's try a different route.

Forget slavery. Let's say tomorrow states' rights happen and certain states say no interracial marriage...EVNE IF it is hetero
It's a state right

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Because gay marriage will destroy society. Gay people will not, but promoting a gay union as being the same as a heterosexual union will.

THERE IT IS!

Now you are being honest. You don't like gay people. That's ok. Free world and free speech.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

When I see really fat people together making out at a park, it makes me want to hurl. I think it's really disgusting thinking about fat people having sex. To be honest, the reaction I have is quite revolting. It's like the fat people are spitting on us normal-weight people. It's really insulting to me.

When are they going to outlaw fat people marriages so that I can feel better and I don't have to look at them when I go to the park? :/

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Did you read the part about how the percentage of LGBT was higher at this school than any other high school in San Francisco? That means the other high schools in San Francisco have a much lower percentage. Did you know that this high school is known for being a very liberal arts kind of high school? Maybe, just maybe - and I'm goin' out on a limb here - but maybe the parents think these kids will do better at a more liberal "artsy" kind of high school than the usual "he-man football rules and gays suck" kind of high school, so that's why you see a higher percentage of LGBT kids going there. Ya think?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Annee

Continuing to dredge up old videos etc, of these evolved politicians shows desperation.

Also exposes the hypocrisies of trusted politicians.

... because no politician should ever change their minds on a subject when additional information and further consideration is available?

They should always just "keep the faith" eh?

And, what specific "additional information" or "consideration" was Obama thinking about after each time he changed his mind?

The 14th A was there every time.

Why didn't he ever cite that or any other "justification" ?

Ask him. Unlike some, I'm not in the habit of speaking for other people (or deities).

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think it's funny and sad at the same time how some people try to use some kind of warped logic to debate their point, but when pushed, they just fall apart and admit that they think gays are "yucky".

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

we have the Gay cooties

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

There's only hope of a constitutional amendment which gives states the right to decide the qualifications for marriage.

Why, though? Why do you want to deny people the right to marriage?

Because marriage is the cornerstone of society. It is an important institution and should be implemented for the betterment of society, not to make some person or group feel good about themselves (cue divorce argument). By allowing the states to do this themselves you get the best of the best. You get states that allow everything, states that are restrictive, etc. Then you can study other states social outcomes and decide which way to go.

Indeed, let's do cue the "divorce argument." If you want to save marriage, why aren't you fighting to diminish or overcome divorce?

A 50% divorce rate in this country is undermining marriage and the family, NOT the creation of more marriages and more families.

States "doing it for themselves" has never proven to be "the best way" on any topic at any time in American history.

States "doing it for themselves" always results in gross inequities and busted budgets.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think it's funny and sad at the same time how some people try to use some kind of warped logic to debate their point, but when pushed, they just fall apart and admit that they think gays are "yucky".
If you're 100% straight...the idea of gay sex is yucky. So what...so are brussels sprouts. Neither are gonna affect my life any, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Sure, gay sex doesn't do anything for me either. As long as you don't make me do it, what do I care. Gays feel the same way about straight sex.

Brussels sprouts though, come on - they are WONDERFUL!

Let me clarify: I may think gay sex is yucky (for me), but no way do I think gays are yucky. They're AWESOME!
edit on 28-6-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My god ... is that the basis of all this?

I would not want to imagine 99% of the people around me every day in their more intimate moments.

Gay, straight, bi, tri or buy me and I'll try anything ... /shrug

Why is that always proven to be at the heart of all these high-flown arguments?

Gays are "against God."

Gays are "destroying the family."

Gays are "dishonoring marriage."

... and when you work your way through all that garbage ... the answer is ...

I JUST DON'T LIKE THE THOUGHT OF GAY PEOPLE.

These believers in individual freedom still favor a government depriving 3-12% of the population of equal rights.

They must be screeching over their own cognitive dissonance ... at least, the ones who aren't "on the clock."

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How come more men find Lesbians "Sexy" but the thought of Gay men make them literally punch people?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Gryphon66

How come more men find Lesbians "Sexy" but the thought of Gay men make them literally punch people?

Cultural pressure.

Guys (who are notorious objectifiers in these circumstances) think of Lesbian sex as "two for one."

Guys who become violent at the thought of male-male sex are dealing with an enormous amount of psychic energy that they do not know how to handle. That might from past abuse ... or ... any other number of reasons.

It is, however, a fairly accepted medical/psychological fact that repression of one's own desires and urges creates the greatest amount of psycho-sexual tension ... which usually resolves into violence of one sort or another.

At least, that's my $0.02.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Because gay marriage will destroy society.

Okie Dokie... It was nice talking to you before you jumped the shark.

Great exit. Way to bow out.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join