It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do mass shooters always share the same hair styles and crazed zombie stares?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Maybe it's the weed

Just my opinion but I do not think that smoking the reefer makes someone want to go on a murderous rampage unless the targets are bags of Doritos.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They all drank water in some form, lets blame the water

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

And yet someone gave him a gun? What kind of world do we live in when someone that obviously ill is just given a deadly weapon? What kind of society is this?

In today's world we have so many options in terms of movies, television, websites, blogs, music, ect.

We can literally create our own reality that we feel comfortable in by choosing media that we agree with. We can shape our reality to better suit our egos.

The world is cold, hard, dispassionate and indifferent. Every day the world population grows, and we become a smaller more insignificant part of it. We want to feel special, we want to feel unique. Our parents and teachers tell us that we're special and unique -- but our experiences in life tell us that isn't so. We're just a number, we're just cattle.

So what do we do? We insulate ourselves and gratify the whims of our own ego. We surround ourselves with media and people that make us comfortable. We narrow the scope of our reality, so that we're the center of it. We choose what we listen to, watch and read. It all agrees with us, and we agree with it. We shut out the rest that we don't like and ignore that which is to painful to deal with.

We act like little spoiled brats, unwilling to face the harsh reality of life. We sit and consume our tailor-made media and occasionally argue with others to bolster our self-esteem.

I swear humanity has developed a new mental illness.

We're becoming more culturally withdrawn and intellectually isolated -- because we lack the basic coping skills needed for existence itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I couldn't agree more. We all have our little walled gardens that we retreat to, hugboxes where what we say matters, and what matters to us is what is said.

In a world where everyone is connected, we've never been so distant from one another.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

They have the same hair stylist? Maybe it is a BEATLES conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Actually there are conflicting stories about the gun. I've read it was given to him as a birthday present but have also read that Roof actually purchased it with a money gift from his father.
Not sure which story if either is true.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.
The abuse of prescription and/or illegal drugs.
The abuse part is the important bit.

Agreed...the over prescription of pharma drugs by doctors for backhanders or cushy and prominent positions is a scandal, you're right...it's a total abuse.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think the more important question is why are they all around the same age?

Why are the vast majority of rampage killers between 17 and 25?

Honestly, though, people act like this is a new phenomenon but it's not.

Go here and look at the list and the dates. Rampage Killers

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.

Agreed...the over prescription of pharma drugs by doctors for backhanders or cushy and prominent positions is a scandal, you're right...it's a total abuse.

Overprescribed is the word. When I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, kids who acted up were termed hyperactive and they eventually grew out of it. Or they harnessed that energy playing sports. Nowadays, kids as young as 3-4 are termed as having ADHD and given Ritalin which makes them too comatose to expend energy, that progresses into a lifetime of drug dependency in later years with Xanax and Prozac. Once the pharms give that initial prescription, you're a lifelong cash flow. Pharms don't cure you, they treat you. There's no money in curing. Couple adverse effects of those drugs towards violence with our lax laws in obtaining firearms, that makes for the perfect storm towards mass killings. It's our culture as we are the biggest consumer of prescription drugs and firearms of any country.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We are all slaves to social pressure, and that even includes bums on the street and mass murderers. We choose our outward styles not so much as a reflection of who we are inside, but how we think we appear to others. We are all actors on a stage, and we select our costumes accordingly.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.

Legally prescribed and correctly applied pharmaceutical compounds kill 100k/year in the US alone. Trusting Dr.s and Pharma is the abuse.

Eh? They save tens of millions of lives per year. While no drug is safe, blanket fear-mongering is far worse.

This is a uniquely US thing, trying to pin it on a universal issue or single issue such as prescribed drugs is likely to be as accurate as the clearly false 'all serial killers have the same hair' claims.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.

Legally prescribed and correctly applied pharmaceutical compounds kill 100k/year in the US alone. Trusting Dr.s and Pharma is the abuse.

Eh? They save tens of millions of lives per year. While no drug is safe, blanket fear-mongering is far worse.

This is a uniquely US thing, trying to pin it on a universal issue or single issue such as prescribed drugs is likely to be as accurate as the clearly false 'all serial killers have the same hair' claims.

First off, the article did not claim ALL serial killers have the same hair. It did point out the one exception, while most of the last mass killers had the similar 'bowl cut', intimating the hairstyle COULD BE a sign of a mental anti-social disorder. It clearly stated not all those with bowl cuts are killers, but most of the mass shooters had similar haircuts. Second, prescription drugs don't SAVE tens of millions of lives a year, they just treat for the short term. I guess you equate facts as 'fear-mongering'.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.

First off, the article did not claim ALL serial killers have the same hair. It did point out the one exception, while most of the last mass killers had the similar 'bowl cut', intimating the hairstyle COULD BE a sign of a mental anti-social disorder. It clearly stated not all those with bowl cuts are killers, but most of the mass shooters had similar haircuts. Second, prescription drugs don't SAVE tens of millions of lives a year, they just treat for the short term. I guess you equate facts as 'fear-mongering'.

As I said the world isn't the US - take Harold Shipman or Anders Brevik for instance, neither had thousand yard stares or bowl cuts.

No, just as facts - not all drugs are short term and the ones that are, like general anesthetics, are often vital for life saving operations or day to day living.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Prescription drugs.

Nearly.

As I said the world isn't the US - take Harold Shipman or Anders Brevik for instance, neither had thousand yard stares or bowl cuts.

No, just as facts - not all drugs are short term and the ones that are, like general anesthetics, are often vital for life saving operations or day to day living.

And the article was talking about psychiatric drugs, not ALL drugs.
.............and the article wasn't talking about the rest of the world, as it was only referring to violence in America.
"Conservative media is presently doing a fantastic job on this issue, detailing why the mass psychiatric drugging of young white men is leading to so many outbreaks of violence in America."

edit on 22-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Watched a yt video earlier, it involved James Eagan Holmes.
It has been suggested he is not of our timeline.

Have a look at this guys history and specifically what he was researching.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Watched a yt video earlier, it involved James Eagan Holmes.
It has been suggested he is not of our timeline.

Have a look at this guys history and specifically what he was researching.

Can you provide a link to that video? I would be interested in seeing it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

AND they also try to get killed when they are done.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Pharmaceuticals are evil. You some kind of shill?

Stay away from the Prozac, kids.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Prescription drugs.
And mothers cutting your hair at age 20+.

Seriously. You're a grown assed man, pay for a haircut like a normal person.

Invalid premise.

My mom has cut my dad's hair for all the years of their marriage, and she is no beautician and she doesn't use clippers. But he certainly does not have that hair cut.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As a man, I could care less who cuts my hair as long as it looks OK for public.
edit on 22-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join