It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights In The Sky Over Greenwood, Indiana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Please disregard the title of the video and focus on it's content. I was browsing KeelyNet, eventually found myself here, and was left scratching my head. Now, that doesn't mean my head needed to be scratched, but rather a cue for me to post this video. I hope the members on here can help identify what we are looking at.

The gentleman who shot the video became affiliated, unfortunately, with thirdphaseofmoon after viewing one of his previous videos. When commenting, he shared his video and was soon contacted to conduct a brief interview. Because of this, we should remain highly skeptical.

The interview...

www.youtube.com...

Published on Jun 12, 2015

This happened in Greenwood, Indiana USA

I was out riding my bicycle and a storm was approaching, then this strange light caught my eye so I pulled out my phone and shot this video.

I had no idea what it was until I did some research when I got home and found out that it's called haarp, a government research program (They Say)!! Take a closer look at the beginning of the video right when the beam disappears for a second it moves part of the cloud upwards then comes back.

As usual, the YouTube comment section is full of nonsensical ramblings and people jumping to irrational conclusions. Hopefully ATS can do what it does best and get to the bottom of it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That is one of the few UFO videos where I am left speechless. If real, which it appears to be, I really have no rational explanation for it. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

If I saw this in action in real life I would totally be tripping out not knowing what to believe.

If this is HAARP or Project Blue Beam at work, then who knows what could be the expectant result from government experimentation.

Hopefully it is not CGI because if it was, then it was really well done.
edit on 20-6-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

very peculiar and very interesting
don't think i've seen anything like that before.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I await the experts. should be interesting. If this is real then that would have been pretty intense to see. My reaction would have been the same exact response of the guy capturing the video. WTF!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

I have to agree. That was one strange video. Though based on the apparent density of the clouds below the light anomaly I would think the brilliance would shine through the clouds just a bit. No matter what, it was interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

I thought maybe it was one of those animated still photos (think back to the Jerusalem UFO), where animation and camera shake is added to a still photo, but no, indeed the clouds are moving.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I await the experts. should be interesting. If this is real then that would have been pretty intense to see. My reaction would have been the same exact response of the guy capturing the video. WTF!

Whenever I see videos like this, I always listen to the reaction of the viewer. I try to gauge what reaction I expect to see or hear and soon realize how unfair that is. People react differently to different situations. Some are left speechless, some start dropping the f-bomb and some react totally unexpectedly.

I think I've been on ATS long enough to know the proper protocol when situations like this present themselves. Get that camera out, keep it steady, get immediate surrounding footage of the landscape for reference and NEVER accompany the video with anything off of The Matrix soundtrack.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Interesting. If genuine.

It's not HAARP!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

If I saw this in action in real life I would totally be tripping out not knowing what to believe.

If this is HAARP or Project Blue Beam at work, then who knows what could be the expectant result from government experimentation.

Hopefully it is not CGI because if it was, then it was really well done.

He claims a storm was approaching which leads me to believe it may be weather related. I haven't found anything similar to compare the video to so the mystery remains.

I try to keep my mind just closed enough where my brain doesn't fall out even though I'd like to think this was a UFO collecting sunlight and focusing it into the upper atmosphere as a beacon of some sort.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I think CGI, if that was anything close to being real I was sure more people will pop up videos and it will become a big media attention otherwise it's just another video that doesn't mean anything

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

I think CGI, if that was anything close to being real I am sure more people will pop up videos and it will become a big media attention otherwise it's just another video that doesn't mean anything

And something tells me the next six months, he is the only one to get that video there were no other witnesses in the area. Hmmmm, strange..... Indeed. * Insert sarcasm

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There was a video posted here recently shot along a beach some where showing the exact same thing.

Someone should be along so knows the vid.

Very strange in deed.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Is this thread a followup about the astronomical observation pool in the Great Pyramid?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is a MUFON conference being held in Indiana on June 27th about 3 hours away from Greenwood. The last meeting occurred June 7th at the Pendleton public library which is about 50 minutes away.

Link

I should also note there is an airport located in Greenwood. Nothing has been reported that I'm aware of.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Similar:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Great video if real. Have no idea that can be proved

However your last sentence...

Hopefully ATS can do what it does best and get to the bottom of it.

Couldnt be further from the actual truth. I have seen little evidence of anything be truly rectified or solved on ATS as of the last few years. So called experts are not here. Like god they are imagined to keep the belief alive.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

I think CGI, if that was anything close to being real I was sure more people will pop up videos and it will become a big media attention otherwise it's just another video that doesn't mean anything

At this point, you are free to think anything you wish. When it cannot be dismissed as fake, there are those who will believe that it is anyway. When damning evidence presents itself, many stay stuck in denial. I'm not looking to sway you in any one direction.

Just roll with the punches and remain skeptical, its on the dissection table. Its usually slow on the weekends, so I hope more members take notice of the video in the future.

edit on 20-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Looks like it's alive. Like some kind of massive, space-fairing organism unit thingy.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Found this
Storm Clouds

However, scientists who have viewed the video and similar videos being uploaded to YouTube (see video below) by amateur photographers said the phenomenon of “dancing storm clouds” and other similar shifting light effects in the clouds are is not linked with HAARP or UFOs. The phenomenon, according to meteorologists, is linked to storm clouds known as cumulonimbus clouds.
“These dancing patches of brightness appear to be caused by the cloud’s charged water particles moving around in response to shifting electric fields as lightning strikes within the cloud below.” However, scientists admit that more research remains to be done to elucidate the physics of the electrical activity causing the effect.

According to the Cloud Appreciation Society website, an expert, Les Cowley, said, “We do not really know what is happening. We need more hard evidence, more measurements and cloud-physics modeling before we can hope to come up with a clear explanation. At the moment, we are nowhere near that position.” But for as long as scientists are unable to provide a definite natural explanation of the “dancing storm clouds” phenomenon many will continue to resort to popular HAARP and “cloaked” UFO conspiracy theories.

More at the site

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join