It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Chicago Police Officer Firing Into Car of Teens Released By Judge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Looks as though the officer fired in order to prevent the car from speeding off, possibly hitting other officers or civilians. Where was thos kid trying to go? He had clearly been stopped. You cant just floor it and evade and then bitch about getting shot at.

That's what my issue is as well. Of course they could let the teens go but what if they go speeding off and hit an innocent family. Then the outcry would have been why didn't the cops do whatever force necessary to stop these teens. No win situation for the cops. Of course there are times when I seem it is excessive but I'm not in their shoes.
edit on 19-6-2015 by hawkeyenation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The other thing that just continues to blow my mind is how much we let people off the hook for their actions. Can anyone identify the root cause in the video we just saw. What was the root cause of all of this? Well first it was the teens speeding. Which led to them being pulled over. Then it was using their vehicle as a weapon in a potentially dangerous method. Not saying what they did justified being shot at but as you can see the root cause to all of this was the driver making bad decisions time and time again.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lots of people have been half jokingly talking about steroid use and Roidrage. I think that there really may be something to that idea to be honest. It can't just be that people just empty a gun into a car if they are thinking clearly. Right?

Confused

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
kill em all, plant, make up evidence, lie, cover up and ask questions later. use lies to justify. if those cops felt it was justified, why lie about finding weapons in the vehicle?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Lots of people have been half jokingly talking about steroid use and Roidrage. I think that there really may be something to that idea to be honest. It can't just be that people just empty a gun into a car if they are thinking clearly. Right?

Confused

Not saying that couldn't be a part of it but if I had to guess its just that a lot of them are over stressed out. I mean I get stressed and I work in a damn office. I know cops choose their profession but cops have an equal amount of uncertainty on each and every stop/call. They have no idea what that person is going to do. I've seen many videos of a routine traffic stop where it turns around and the cop is dead or severely injured. What would happen if the boys in blue, as a union, decided to strike nationally. I don't want to even fathom the terror that would go on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You see the thing that crosses my mind is this, what if, in that car, there had been 4 thugs and 2 kidnap victims?

How would that officer have been able to justify that?

There seems to be a complete disconnect from reality here.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkeyenation

But being in a position of such power surely there has to be some kind of oversight, right? Some kind of monitoring? At the very least an officer should wake up every day and think, Am I going to do my job today? Or am I just going to do my best to survive and to hell with everyone else. Of course they should have as much help as possible, but the fundamental aim of a law enforcement officer is to help the public right? A police officer has a special position in society, it isn't a "normal" job. As such "normal" people may not be psychologically able to do it.
They surely should be in another job if they just fly off the handle because of the pressure. I don't know, it seems like there is such a disconnect here with what is important in society that it is so sad.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But being in a position of such power surely there has to be some kind of oversight, right? Some kind of monitoring? At the very least an officer should wake up every day and think, Am I going to do my job today? Or am I just going to do my best to survive and to hell with everyone else. Of course they should have as much help as possible, but the fundamental aim of a law enforcement officer is to help the public right? A police officer has a special position in society, it isn't a "normal" job. As such "normal" people may not be psychologically able to do it.
They surely should be in another job if they just fly off the handle because of the pressure. I don't know, it seems like there is such a disconnect here with what is important in society that it is so sad.

No doubt that there are certain aspects of police work that needs to be fixed. I don't know if there is an actual % but you have to think that they have a 95% or higher rate of success in what they do. Unfortunately that 5% is what makes the headlines. Sort of like a plane crash, thousands fly without issue every day but all it takes is 1 for people to cry for reform of the system.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

i didn't see anything hanging out the window

Again, you're right. After further review, there's absolutely nothing hanging out of the window... I guess my totally unreasonable bias in favor of police over criminals is starting to take a toll on my observational skills... to the point where I'm hallucinating now.

edit on 19-6-2015 by Bone75 because: couldn't write window?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

i have to watch the video again and take a closer look but like i said the officers lied about a weapon in the vehicle and then tried to block the video from being released. why and how do you justify that? what else do they lie about and cover up? how many other times have they lied about evidence?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation

No doubt that there are certain aspects of police work that needs to be fixed. I don't know if there is an actual % but you have to think that they have a 95% or higher rate of success in what they do. Unfortunately that 5% is what makes the headlines. Sort of like a plane crash, thousands fly without issue every day but all it takes is 1 for people to cry for reform of the system.

I don't know if lowering the bar, accepting that 5% is acceptable for you as a citizen, is a good thing. Is it?
That would be a shame if that were true.
Should citizens accept that lower level in health care too?
Perhaps people should look to where their tax dollars are going with respect to law enforcement. Perhaps it is more important to invest in training than in arms. It might be a good idea to overhaul the oversight of officers and such. I don't know, I hope you guys sort this out, I actually do not like to see the USA in a situation of such social disrepair.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Urantia1111

like i said before are cops gonna just shoot into every car that is in a car chase? this isn't the wild wild west, if cops start doing that innocent civilians are gonna get caught in the crossfire. there are many different ways to handle the situation besides resorting to shooting into a car full of people. irresponsible behavior by the driver of the car and even more irresponsible behavior from that cop, and he is still on the job.

Yes because its department policy. Theyre only prohibited from shooting up a car until it speeds away endangering the officers and the public. Obviously i dont write the policy but would you rather be run down in the street as a totally uninvolved bystander because they didnt stop the evading/eluding of a legal ttaffic stop?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

SHEESH.

Ya know? Some might even suggest shootin out the tyres man...fgs!

Did you even think about what you wrote then?
edit on 19-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkeyenation
The other thing that just continues to blow my mind is how much we let people off the hook for their actions. Can anyone identify the root cause in the video we just saw. What was the root cause of all of this? Well first it was the teens speeding. Which led to them being pulled over. Then it was using their vehicle as a weapon in a potentially dangerous method. Not saying what they did justified being shot at but as you can see the root cause to all of this was the driver making bad decisions time and time again.

Of course your point makes all the sense in the world, but youre not showing the required white guilt which requires that you completely disregard all actions of the black criminal right up to the point that hes finally stopped by law enforcement. You should then also speculate on the umphteen alternative actions the police should have taken instead of doing what the department advises and pays them to do. Shame on you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

SHEESH.

Ya know? Some might even suggest shootin out the tyres man...fgs!

Did you even think about what you wrote then?

This isnt Fast & Furious 8 here. Thats not the policy. A car can still run over children on flat tires. You really think the kid would just give up and stop illegally and dangerously fleeing at high speed in reverse if they shot the tires? Again, per the policy of the department, the officer acted withing the scope of his duty.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What if, what if and what if. I hope you pay for your world of what ifs.

FACT, shooting out the tyres renders the car almost immobile, allowing LEO to take a stance that disallows the vehicle to escape.

OR

Shoot EVERYONE IN THE CAR!
Enjoy your world

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There was actually more to it than that. In the initial stop, the driver got out and ran. It was one of the passengers who jumped in the driver's seat and threw it in reverse. Did the article mention it was a stolen car as well?

The more I dig into this case, the more it sounds like these kids had a connection in the department pulling strings for them.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I hope you pay for your world of what ifs.

You're seriously wishing harm upon someone for having a different understanding than you?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

FACT, shooting out the tyres renders the car almost immobile, allowing LEO to take a stance that disallows the vehicle to escape.

FACT, shooting out tires is nearly impossible to do with a pistol cartridge. And it just begs for weird ricochets since you're shooting a hard relatively slick surface at a shallow angle when you miss.

If I had a SAW or a Ma deuce, sure, I could eat your tires (and wheels) right off. With a 9mm, not so much. IF you get a round to hit so that it punctures the tire, and from the rear it's sort of hard to get a decent angle, it just leaks a bit, like a nail puncture. If you want immediate incapacitation, you've got to do some really massive damage.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No I personally hope that that person never has to live in the world they wish on everyone else . Oh hold on, let me think. Nah, you are right, it is much better that they never suffer the pain they would wish to inflict on us, turn the other cheek and walk away...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join