It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pyramid - Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 978 (2015-05-07 23:22:33 UTC)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Where do we stand with pyramids on mars?

Nasa JPL Link to raw image

What do you all think? I wonder how big it is?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

If not an entire pyramid, certainly looks like a manufactured corner of some kind. One of the more compelling Mars anomalies posted lately!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

how big it is?

Probably the size of a small ant nest.

Neat looking stone, today i was in a store with cubic minerals, i could not believe they were natural

Really who can believe they are natural...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To me it looks more like a block shape with the majority covered by dirt. It is hard to tell how big it is when there is nothing familiar to estimate it against. With it on what looks like a hill, I cannot believe a pyramid would have been built on such a slope.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Out of all the topics about rocks on mars being other things. This one actually is quite striking. I'm not saying it is conclusively something other than a rock, but it is very intriguing nonetheless.

Considering it's size, I highly doubt it would be a mineral of some sorts (such as Pyrite). It's either a very odd formation or you may be on to something.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
its the corner stone from the old Earth embassy

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Looks pretty small to me as well. It does look like it has rather precise angles, but I don't necessarily see a reason to think that it's manufactured.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Where do we stand with pyramids on mars?

apparently on the side of a hill...why put a pyramid on the side of a hill?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Mars rover is at ground level and up close to these rocks, so obviously it's not a large or tall structure of any kind.

link   

originally posted by: warpig69
To me it looks more like a block shape with the majority covered by dirt. It is hard to tell how big it is when there is nothing familiar to estimate it against. With it on what looks like a hill, I cannot believe a pyramid would have been built on such a slope.

Maybe it wasn't. Maybe we're only seeing the tip of the "structure". The rest could be underneath, and huge. Or not.
edit on 6/18/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Indigent

Wow, I had no idea such a thing happened naturally!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good find. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I guess we'd have to first fully understand the actual use of pyramids. Placement of pyramids on Earth seems to be quite mathematically deliberate, eh?

Also, are we to assume the cameras on the rover are always perfectly parallel to the horizon? What happens when the rover traverses a hill? Honest question, I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I thought about that also, similar to an iceberg. It is tough to tell from the angle we are given.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Theres a possibility of it continuing on under the surface isn't there? Certainly doesn't look like a natural land formation

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think ATS is taking the wrong approach to exploring NASA photos of rocks. We should be looking at similarities between Mars rocks and landscape to Earth's rocks and landscape and analyze the similarities and differences. Instead we think Mars had an advanced civilization there, and we know that advanced life could not have naturally evolved there because of the relatively short time frame Mars had an atmosphere. The only conclusion would be that Aliens wanted to show off their power by building structures on Mars that would last billions of years on a inhabitable planet.

It's a triangular shaped rock, one of the many rocks with a unique shape due to water and weather. Triangular shaped rocks of all sizes are commonly found at the beach. I agree with the other above poster, since the pic was taken from the rover, the rock is probably small, but it doesn't matter because triangular shaped rocks can be big too. Rocks shaped like pyramids or partially shaped like pyramids are common too. I highly suggest visiting a river or a beach sometime soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Feel free to start a thread and take the topic in any direction you'd like! I think the beauty of ATS is that there is a variety of perspective rather than one way of viewing topics.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Since there are boulders next to it nearby that are larger, I'd say it is a rock.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There are 2 other groupings of smooth, right angles if you look at the raw feed. Look to the right of the pyramid, it looks like a tumbled ruin honestly.

Im very skeptical about these kinds of threads, but honestly looking at the raw feed, I'm somewhat puzzled.

edit on 18-6-2015 by mrperplexed because: Added Screenshot

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Firstly It looks as though it is pretty small.. to small for a pyramid. The angles also seen wrong. . And more importantly pyramids are made up of many many stones they are not carved from one piece of rock as this one is clearly a single piece..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join