It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pyramid - Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 978 (2015-05-07 23:22:33 UTC)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The problem I have with all these mars rocks threads is that the pics give no concept of scale. How large is that rock?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

You don't think I googled the same thing just to double check myself from own personal experiences from visiting rivers and beaches? Give me a break don't post on ATS there's no triangular or pyramid rocks on google, that's basically being a hoaxer. Also don't be a victim of technology relying on google as your source, I said visit a river or a beach. You think all rocks are smooth and round? By the amount of time I posted and you replied not finding anything you need to search longer. Everything on this planet is diverse, even rocks.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: OpenEars123

You don't think I googled the same thing just to double check myself from own personal experiences from visiting rivers and beaches? Give me a break don't post on ATS there's no triangular or pyramid rocks on google, that's basically being a hoaxer. Also don't be a victim of technology relying on google as your source, I said visit a river or a beach. You think all rocks are smooth and round? By the amount of time I posted and you replied not finding anything you need to search longer. Everything on this planet is diverse, even rocks.

Wind your neck in. And just provide the sources as requested.
What, the rivers and beaches you frequent aren't on the Internet? If you dislike Google that much (as I do tbh) why not post some images from a better search engine.
Thanks.

Edit: I live on the South coast, and am also a 6 minute walk from a river.
edit on 18/6/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/6/15 by OpenEars123 because: My phone sucks

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

What assumption have I made about you? I have no idea what threads you have made. All I am saying is that there is more than one way for "ATS" members to approach things, and likely there will be many times an approach will be made that differs from yours.

I think ATS is taking the wrong approach to exploring NASA photos of rocks.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That looks like an awfully small "pyramid"....

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

the blue-it's build even smaller

but then theres some even bigger

can you say big triangle little triangle really fast ?

funbox
edit on 18-6-2015 by funbox because: bastard amalgamation censoration

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
That looks like an awfully small "pyramid"....

Not to those who built it. Looks like the perfect size for little green men.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Reminds me off the montauk project story, perhaps it was true..

"In order to fully explore the pyramids of Mars, the project needed to get inside the structures. This was accomplished by having Duncan create a time portal inside the pyramid and then move it around until open passageways were found. At this point 'away teams' could enter the portal and walk from Montauk Point to areas under the Martian surface. Although little is know about what was found within this immense pyramid structure, a few tantalizing hints are offered.

Duncan Cameron himself was a member of at least one of the away teams, and described seeing something he calls "The Solar System Defense" which needed to be disabled before any further research could be done. According to the author, portions of the movie Total Recall are based on events that occurred within the Montauk Project, especially the scenes dealing with the Martian pyramid and the recall chair. Finally, evidence of intelligent life on Mars was found, but the researchers had to create time portals that stretched over 125,000 years into the past to discover it.

As with many other elements of the Montauk Project that were occurring at this time, the exact details are unknown."

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I think ATS is taking the wrong approach to exploring NASA photos of rocks. We should be looking at similarities between Mars rocks and landscape to Earth's rocks and landscape and analyze the similarities and differences. Instead we think Mars had an advanced civilization there, and we know that advanced life could not have naturally evolved there because of the relatively short time frame Mars had an atmosphere. The only conclusion would be that Aliens wanted to show off their power by building structures on Mars that would last billions of years on a inhabitable planet.

It's a triangular shaped rock, one of the many rocks with a unique shape due to water and weather. Triangular shaped rocks of all sizes are commonly found at the beach. I agree with the other above poster, since the pic was taken from the rover, the rock is probably small, but it doesn't matter because triangular shaped rocks can be big too. Rocks shaped like pyramids or partially shaped like pyramids are common too. I highly suggest visiting a river or a beach sometime soon.

ATS? Or people?

I haven't once posted about exploring NASA photos of rocks, so you must mean 'people',

Ok, answered my own question... Hope ATS agrees. (See what I did there?)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok ATS/People whatever, have fun with the thread and notice how there has never been a thread that has concluded any structures on the Moon or Mars, ever. So what makes you think you found a pyramid, granted you don't even have other pics showing the angles of the pyramid, nor how tall it is in the rover picture? Nor any comment as to, "jeez Nasa let this one slip through the cracks...."

It's like every rock thread we start from scratch with the investigation. You know you need other angles to understand what you are looking at? You know you need to understand the area that you are looking at? You know you need to run it through some filters and change the contrast to know what you are looking at?

And to the OpenEars123, sure I'll agree with you since you want to argue, there is no such thing as rocks shaped like pyramids or triangles on earth. You're right.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm more concerned with the Jawa peeking its head over the hill in the second pic. lol

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Pyramid shaped (at least the visible part) but way to small to be an actual pyramid. However, in order to keep the topic going, i propose pyramid capstone instead!

Or then again, just natural rock formation, as evidenced on Earth (for precedent).

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Thanks for supplying the pics, the bottom one was good.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Damn thing looks like a pyramid. That's cute.

Out of all the Mars threads, this damn near comes the closest to what is claimed in the OP. It is in fact a Mars Pyramid. Maybe it's like a building tool, you know a Speed Tri to measure Pi or some #. Like we use Speed Squares and levels. I have this really cool plastic card I got from a trade show and you just hold it up in front of a roof and match the pitch so you don't have to do math.

Or maybe it's the die for a child's game or a form of alien craps. Personally, if I was gonna build a pyramid it would rival the rocks around it, or the whole point of its construction is lost.

*builds a little pyramid and steps on it*. "Look Rose, I'm King of the Hill!"

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Where do we stand with pyramids on mars?

Nasa JPL Link to raw image

What do you all think? I wonder how big it is?

Its fake as hell...Not saying there are no pyramids on Mars(the ones there are badly eroded) But anyone can see that this is done via computer graphics.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
Its fake as hell...Not saying there are no pyramids on Mars(the ones there are badly eroded) But anyone can see that this is done via computer graphics.

It's a raw image directly from the Mars rover. And NASA doesn't put anomalies in their photos, they erase them..
edit on 19-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
To me it looks more like a block shape with the majority covered by dirt. It is hard to tell how big it is when there is nothing familiar to estimate it against. With it on what looks like a hill, I cannot believe a pyramid would have been built on such a slope.

Judging from the other pictures in the series I'd say it's about 25 meters from the rover. And thus pyrami d is a couple of inches tall. So wow these Martians were small I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne

It's a raw image directly from the Mars rover. And NASA doesn't put anomalies in their photos, they erase them..

Nasa has been known to mess with images.They are a freemasonic organisation.Read the book Dark Mission.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrperplexed
Ive added some lines to show the angles I saw when I zoomed in. Looks like more than one pyramid, and multiple right angles!!!

Staright edges YOU are having a laugh

Close up of one of your straight edge rocks

Right click on image and select view image not as straight as you claim or your lines is it

edit on 19-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Here's a pic I posted in a thread I created a few years ago.

Notice not only the Pyramid shape, but the fact that it looks like it was moved or pushed there from left to right. Check out the ground around the pyramid. All normal except on left side it looks like it skidded across the martian dirt. Strange...

Here's the pic and link to the thread if you're interested...

Oddities in Mars Rover pictures

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join