It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pyramid - Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 978 (2015-05-07 23:22:33 UTC)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm not saying it is a building, or a shaped stone from a building, I was just pointing out the flawed logic in your statement is all.

I do find it interesting, though--in fact, I find naturally formed cubes and right angles and such to be just as intriguing as any artificially formed ones would be (although the implications of artificially formed ones would be much greater). Geology is a side interest of mine, although I am far from well-learned in the subject.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I wonder why you think it's a pyramid when it's sticking sideways out of a hill lol. It's pyramid shaped that's true but it's location and orientation to its surroundings says rock.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I wonder why you think it's a pyramid when it's sticking sideways out of a hill lol. It's pyramid shaped that's true but it's location and orientation to its surroundings says rock.
perhaps it was the top of the pyramid that was blown off during the Martian nuclear war and its sideways because that's the way it landed? I dont know, just thinking out of the box a little.
edit on 19-6-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Do you know for a fact that the camera always stays parallel to the horizon?

Don't the pyramids on Earth align with particular constellations, in a seemingly intentional fashion?

I mentioned these two things earlier, but again since it was the same question.

Also, it is impossible to know from the photo if the entire structure is visible, as well as if the surrounding terrain is in the exact same condition as whenever the "pyramid" was created (naturally or otherwise).

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Interesting! It also makes me think of what the Nasa hacker, Gary McKinnon, said regarding the list he saw entitled "Non-Terrestrial officers".

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

That's awesome! Thanks for the link, I am on my way now!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
OP I am an alien believer, especially Greys, but please do better research on the area, NASA has tons of pics so you can understand where you are looking at.

This is the general area of where we are looking at, satellite image:

Source

Here is another picture of the general area:

Picture

As you can see it's a mountainous area with jagged sharp rocks along the hillside...What is the Mars rover looking for? Evidence of water...and studying the minerals in the ground. This area is loaded with potential minerals and evidence of past water. It is helpful in learning about Mars' past.

Link

Another link about the area.

Some great new images of very finely layered rocks near Jocko Butte on sol 976, from Curiosity. The layers tell a geological story of alternating wet conditions in this area on Mars a long time ago. These thin, delicate layers are an amazing sight!

If you want to go through satellite images of the area you can, but you're not going to find your pyramid because it's really a tiny jagged rock on a hill surrounded by 1000's of rocks. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What everyone has missed that could be the corner of a rectangular shaped block buried in the dust at an angle and as there is another large NATURAL block in the same image it's more likely than a pyramid.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Oh....yeah... I forgot.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No I don't know that for a fact.
I'm simply assuming it is published in its correct orientation.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Prove to me pyramids are created by nature, cube......hmmmm....perhaps, ...No!

Take look at the column of rock as well at the top picture laying down buried in the dirt @4 O'Clock position!

Pyramid and a cylinder laying close to each other...IMO, definitely NOT a coincidence; looks like some sort Temple was destroyed.

Just calling it like I see it.

Shouts nothing less than "Ancient Civilization"

edit on 19-6-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The right face seems larger than the left.. not exactly pyramid material. Rather small as well I believe.. perhaps it was an alien purse?

But honestly.. if there were alien artifacts, they would probably be alien. It would be ironic if we were circling plain rocks shaped like Earth objects we are familiar with, but in reality, the odd rocks around those rocks shaped like nothing we would associate with an artifact of any kind, were actually alien artifacts by the droves. : )

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
OP I am an alien believer, especially Greys, but please do better research on the area, NASA has tons of pics so you can understand where you are looking at.

This is the general area of where we are looking at, satellite image:

Source

Here is another picture of the general area:

Picture

As you can see it's a mountainous area with jagged sharp rocks along the hillside...What is the Mars rover looking for? Evidence of water...and studying the minerals in the ground. This area is loaded with potential minerals and evidence of past water. It is helpful in learning about Mars' past.

Link

Another link about the area.

Some great new images of very finely layered rocks near Jocko Butte on sol 976, from Curiosity. The layers tell a geological story of alternating wet conditions in this area on Mars a long time ago. These thin, delicate layers are an amazing sight!

If you want to go through satellite images of the area you can, but you're not going to find your pyramid because it's really a tiny jagged rock on a hill surrounded by 1000's of rocks. Good luck.

none of your links are working

I was ready to hunt

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

They work for me, and I just double checked quoting myself and the url's are all in there for you to copy and past into your browser and search. Honestly I'm surprised this "pyramid rock" is the new Face on Mars, or Mars Statue...but ok...I'd loved to be proved wrong that it's a pyramid built by aliens and not just a boring old rock!

Edit to add: I started digging by going to the OP's link...It has all the photos from that day in that area, the rover takes a different photo every 15 seconds or so. The OP made it easy for us by putting the name of the exact photo in parentheses in the title of the thread. Have a look for yourself and you can see the area. Then you can google the different mountains in the area, and you'll see there is nothing out of the ordinary. It took a second for me to figure it out, but it's not too difficult.

Like I said earlier we really should be studying the geological significance of the rocks instead...
edit on 19-6-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

(post by mojoharry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Its rather tiny and as said, on the side of a hill..

Unlikely..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The way the angles look and how sharp and straight it seems to be to me it looks manufactured , I'm thinking this is the tip of something that's been covered up in dirt and sand from many years of sandstorms. Would be interesting to see what the rest looks like, if only we had the capabilities to escavate in mars lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is amazing raedar. Great find!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mrperplexed

Very interesting. Good find.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting foto thanx for uploading. What size you think those pyramids are compared to the ones on Earth?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join