It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Where does the above say do not associate with non-Christians. ?

You serious??

do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

I cannot believe you said i misquoted and then added a quote which states exactly what i said.....

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

Hello APOCOLYPSE DAWN, great response the other evening and very interesting read regarding the premonitions and I really wish you would start a new thread about this so it can be discussed further.

Back to the topic in hand....

Christianity is NOT and let me say this again NOT based on Fear. It is not a fear of Hell that drives people to Christianity because if that was the case it could be said of all religions...

Totally agree with you and its not just Christianity I have an issue with, its all "Man Made Religion" If the parts of the holy scriptures that talk about "love thy Neighbour" or "Do not throw the first stone" and "Do not judge ye unless you want to be judged" were adhered to by religious folks, then I would have no problems with what peoples faith was, however... when folk use their religious text as an excuse to deprive certain members of society equal rights and treats women as second class citizens to men or use their religious text as an excuse to throw people from roofs, then I have a problem.

That is the core of Christianity... However, that is not the Core of the church... What the church has become is perverse!

Again I agree with you, but unfortunately most religious folk I know are nothing like you and do use their religion as an excuse for their hatred and perceived righteousness over anyone who does not hold the same belief.

God has given us freewill an ability to choose to connect with God or to deny him.

That's just theological fatalism. The Christian god is omniscient, and knows everything everyone will do in their lives for the entirety of the human species existence, so free will is an illusion at best. At worst a cruel lie.

If God gives you an opportunity to do something good but you decide to do something bad... How is it God's fault? How is it that God be blamed for creating a beautiful human being and through our own society we create mass murderers and psychopaths.

I cant argue with that statement as I have already said, I believe in god but not man made GOD.

Christianity has not been responsible for the Killings and the Wars... The matter of the fact is that politicians and rulers and men of the church are the ones responsible for these items...

Totally agree again, but they used god and religion as the tool for these conflicts. How many times did Bush refer to God during the Iraq War.

Now onto the part I disagree with: You once again pull out of context knowingly to make an argument that Christians are evil and that Christianity should be done away with.

Replace the word "Christians" with "all religions" and I agree you on the right track!

Through proper study of the bible and other resources everyone would come to this conclusion. And what is so bad about LOVE?

I don't see a lot of LOVE from the Right Wing Christian Groups in the US as the moment ;(

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: dismanrc
a reply to: flammadraco

Could also mean we have a few 2000 year old people hiding out among us and watching?

Well Jesus was the first Zombie, so anything is possible

One name Lazarus... you have been debunked lol Lazarus is the first Zombie...

My Bad

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Actually Dawn, go and have a read of each of those scriptures, admittedly the wording I used was NOT the the same as the actual Scripture but as I have already shown Seede it means the exactly the same, I just put it in layman terms!!
edit on 19.6.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The ace in the hole is that you will one day die. Good luck in trying to deny that one. Have a good eternity.

Where have i said no one dies in his thread, is that really the best you have Seede? Talk about scraping the barrel

I believe in an after life and God just don't believe the way there has to be through the bible, Torah, Quaran or any other "Man Made" religious text!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Just note the OP uses the sources he wants to paint the picture in his mind of Christianity.

In just the same way as Westboro Church uses your religious text to spread their hatred and numerous other pastors in the US that use your holy scripture to spread hatred. They use their perception of the bible to, are all these pastors and Westboro Church the anti Christ too?

This is nowhere close to fact and is in fact anti-christ...

I've been called many things on ATS and you are the first to call me that
I shudder with pride!!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dthwraith
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN Don't bother the OP is a troll/flamer as you can clearly see by their response to you. The below quote if for you.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

A perfect example of the bigoted, elitist, condescension that is prevalent throughout the bible, and Xtian theology.

On Topic:
I agree that bible verses should be kept in context, and that it is hard to do if one hasn't read and studied the bible through repeatedly. Nevertheless, as far as I can tell, no biblical prophecy has ever been fulfilled, except self-fulfilling prophecies, which Jesus himself was guilty of more than once, and those prophecies the original authors of the new testament wrote into the text as fulfilled, even though they likely never happened. All the rest is so ambiguous, it could be made to fit most any scenario.
S&F OP
edit on 6/19/2015 by Klassified because: Please fix quoting. It is screwed up

edit on 6/19/2015 by Klassified because: fixed!

edit on 6/19/2015 by Klassified because: Frustration

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Agree in principal, but you can't deny that a fair few of these visions have been uncanny at best.......

This video explains some mistranslated parts of Revelation specifically Zechariahs vision of a fire judgment.

Very very uncanny, very accurate and I am not a Christian.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Christianity is NOT and let me say this again NOT based on Fear. It is not a fear of Hell that drives people to Christianity because if that was the case it could be said of all religions... Again my point it is not based on Fear but rather based on LOVE... That is what draws people in and that is what drives people to their relationship with the Creator. People love the creator for making them and blessing them with the life and opportunities they have received.

Christianity IS a fear based religion. I repeat. Christianity IS a fear based religion. The bible is saturated with fear. Solomon says quite clearly, the beginning of wisdom is to fear god.
Jesus said more than once, those who don't receive him are condemned by god.
He also told followers to shake the dust from their feet as a testimony against anyone who would not listen to the gospel.
Paul turned people over to "Satan" for the "destruction of the flesh".
Jesus told everyone to fear god, because he was able to destroy both body and soul. Paul concurred.
Revelations promises that god will murder billions in the "end times" according to Christian theology.
The list goes on and on.

Christianity IS based in fear. God "loves" only those who belong to the clique. Everyone else dies twice. Or suffers eternal punishment depending on your sect of Christianity.

edit on 6/19/2015 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Where does the above say do not associate with non-Christians. ?

You serious??

do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

I cannot believe you said i misquoted and then added a quote which states exactly what i said.....

You really wanna play this game ? I mean really ?

Beware of Deceivers
…9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Source

See the bold text on the above quote ? That is the thematic. So i will ask you again, "Where does the above say do not associate with non-Christians while is clearly about false prophets and Deceivers ?"

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I stand by my post and my interpretation of the text and you stand by what you've been brain washed to believe.

Funny how that's the only part of my post you "tried" to say was out of context, were the others to hard to argue?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

I will watch the video you posted as its seems interesting but just to add what about all those none religious folks that had similar visions?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Soapusmaximus

I will watch the video you posted as its seems interesting but just to add what about all those none religious folks that had similar visions?

You mean like this from the Mahabharata?
"a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of Vrishnis and Andhakas. The corpses were so burnt they were no longer recognizable. Hair and nails fell out. Pottery broke without cause... Foodstuffs were poisoned. To escape, the warriors threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment."
History or prophecy?

Or this Hopi prophecy?
"The white brother will bring the symbol of the sun which makes a great explosion shaking the earth…"
edit on 6/19/2015 by Klassified because: add

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Just note the OP uses the sources he wants to paint the picture in his mind of Christianity.

Honestly, that is his/her problem. Not mine. I simply jumped in to show that he/she goes way out of line deliberately to misrepresent the meaning of those quotes. Whatever purpose that may be.

This is nowhere close to fact and is in fact anti-christ...

Is not my place to judge what this person is. The only thing he/she have achieved so far, is to show how can someone can take stuff out of context and misrepresent their meanings even though he/she been made aware of it.

Pay no offense to his posts but rather keep correcting so others may not fall for the same mistakes he makes and willfully continues to repeat.

Honestly, I am not going to bother to correct stuff to the same questions and same claims that have been made and been discussed to death here on ATS. Those that truly interested will do their own research.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yes

2nd line

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You forgot to add that you'll pray for me!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I stand by my post and my interpretation of the text and you stand by what you've been brain washed to believe.

Really ? Come on, you smarter than that.

Funny how that's the only part of my post you "tried" to say was out of context, were the others to hard to argue?

I haven´t "tried". I have "corrected" your misrepresentation to one random chosen quote. And no they are not hard to argue, it´s that they will fall to deaf ears, since you have no interest at all. In other words, as you have stated on your reply to me:

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

2 John 1:7 - I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

I've used actual scripture and bear in mind that John has called anyone not following Jesus is a "Deceiver". But without knowing what version of the numerous copies of the bible you're using, it's the best one I could find!

Now in 2 John 1:10, the scripture basically says do not accept "Deceivers" into your home otherwise your basically going to hell.

So logically a "Deceiver" is anyone not Christian and thus my statement about the intolerance the bible shows about Christians not welcoming non Christian into their home stands!!

Not saying Christians do this now, but your holy book tells you to do this, just like the bible forbids wearing mixed fibres and eating shell fish and all the other "do not ...(fill in blank)" scriptures!!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

2 John 1:7. In this verse the apostle addresses himself to the warning against the false teachers, whom he first more particularly characterizes. The ὅτι, with which the verse begins, indicates that the foregoing exhortation to mutual love has its origin in the fear of their being disturbed by the influence of the false teachers.

So, Do not openly welcome and accept false teachers preaching bulls#!t into your house.

Big Difference.

As you are quite zealous in trying to lead astray and deceive people with false rhetoric, that would be you... LOL
edit on 19-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I am a Christian and it dose confused me at times. I wish I had time to hit all of the points, but my kids hang on me non stop.

About the tasting death. Death can mean many things when talked about in the bible. It stress not necessarily mean physical death.

You brought up some good things to discuss but I am betting this will turn into a dick length contest very fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join