It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Choice: Population of 7.5 Billion or 500 Million. What would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Mine isn't based on hatred. It's based on Nessecity. Some would consider you selfish for possibly doom in an entire species to spare people's feelings. Different perspectives.

Exploring different solutions also. Lol. Please tell me of these "unexplored" avenues that no one has thought of. The planet can sustain 2 billion....We have over 7. Population control is the only viable option as it stands without nature having to play it's hand.

Making me out to be a demon cos I can comprehend the functional purpose of such genocide. Genocide or existinction. We've both made my choice. It's just I want to ENSURE the survival of species
edit on 16-6-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
depends who the 500m is doesnt it

What if B happens then they all die the next day. Same goes with A, the remaining 500m then die the next day by some catastrophic disaster. There really isn't much they can change. What's the defining the choice? What sends you "over the edge"?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache
So basically,we africans that have always lived in symbiosis with nature,who have preserved our forests til the west came rushing ...

The Sahara used to be forest. It's desert now. WAY BACK African humans (not westerners) cut the forests down. That's part of how it became desert. list of African deserts

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel
Very wise choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Oh Lordy Lord can I be part of it if i bring Selma Hayek,Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence to even the equation?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think it was more a point of leave Africa alone for christ sakes. Which is fair enough based on what I wrote

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Wrong Flyer,climate change was responsible for the desertification

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache
And westerners were responsible for climate changed. And the cycle continues.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Wrong Flyer,climate change was responsible for the desertification

I said people were a PART of the desertification.
The climate changed. Africans cut down what was left.
The work was in tandem. It wasn't done by 'Westerners'
It was done by the people living there, along with climate shift.

Basically people are termites on Earth. Doesn't matter if they are from the West or the East, the North or the South. People, in large numbers, chew up the planet. 500 million would be better than 8 billion. We wouldn't be wallowing in our own filth.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
And westerners were responsible for climate changed. And the cycle continues.

The West didn't change the climate and make the Sahara.
It didn't work that way. Back then the climate shifted on it's own.
Primitive Africans cut down what was left. Thus we have deserts.
They didn't 'preserve the forests'. They used them as resources.
People, in large numbers, always chew up the planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Well I cant honestly blame westerners for the climate change that caused the desertification of Africa,since that happened thousands of years ago,but i sure as hell can blame them for 90% of african rainforests being gone....

edit on 201Tuesday16ampam2015-06-16T07:01:23-05:0007America/Chicago by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It matters not... we've only been here 10.000 years out of billions... Out there are billions times billions of species like us, maybe even with the same issue and they don't give a damn about us or what we think we have accomplished during the small bleep we've been here.

The natural cycle of the Earth will find balance once again with or without our help. It really shouldn't come as a surprise...

It would say 500.000.000 but I also like the idea that we could actually evolve into doing the right thing ourselves by not spawning pools of kids. In the long run maybe we can get the population down again all by ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Interesting thread here.

It seems to have drawn out all the pretentious fools I see.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Wrong again Flyer...the amount cut was what was just necessary to survive(cooking and what not),and nature had plenty of time to replenish herself...You are either not educated on the subject(not an insult) or you are purposefully twisting the truth

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

but i sure as hell can blame them for 90% of african rainforests being gone....

Why? If Africa was so good at protecting forests, as you claim, then it wouldn't have happened. Slash and burn farming, war refugees razing trees to make farmland, growing African population spreading into the old forest lands, as well as Africans selling off their rain forest trees ... it's Africans doing that.

ETA - and an example of what happens when there are too many people.
edit on 6/16/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You are falling for my plan...for Africa to be in the minds of ppl when talking about mass genocide..

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Wrong again Flyer...the amount cut was what was just necessary to survive(cooking and what not),and nature had plenty of time to replenish herself...You are either not educated on the subject(not an insult) or you are purposefully twisting the truth

Um .. no. The primitive populations swept through the region using what was left after the change. Between the natural climate change and the primitive population using what was left .. the Sahara was made. The West didn't do that. Natural Earth changes and native human population did that. Over population did that.
edit on 6/16/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Lord,indeed i am...now the discussion is all focus on Africa LMAO

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

There's a good reason too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join