It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Choice: Population of 7.5 Billion or 500 Million. What would you choose?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
We have 7.5 Billion people on Earth. Pollution is rampant. Consumption is all consuming. Nature is being destroyed. There is a mass extinction currently occurring. The general consensus is it's due to overpopulation and an unwillingness to change.

The Powers That Be have created nanobots that have spread around the world and infected every human. The nanobots in TPTB and your own body have been disabled.

You have been given a choice.

A. You can push a button that will enable the nanobots to quickly kill seven billion humans all of them randomly until 500 million of them are left. This will hopefully help the planet recover but hey, that's a lot of dead souls... murderer.

B. You can choose to not push the button and leave all 7.5 billion people alive. This will probably continue the destructive trend but hey, everyone lives... for now.

I would like to hear your choice. What would you do. You live either way. There is no other choice in this equation. It's either one or the other in this theoretical situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Can you imagine the pollution and stink from killing off that number of people?

XL5

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Random? Nope, I would want only people who would fix the world to live. Otherwise you would have people make the same mistakes all over again, whats worse, they would do so knowingly!

So if it has to be random, I say let the majority who have bunged it all up see what a mess they have made.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This thread should start with a button to depopulate those who wish to see a smaller population, meaning please start with the man in the mirror and leave everyone else out of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Population of 7.5 Billion or 500 Million? -

To all those who are in favour of reducing the worlds population the question should not be which population number do favour but in order stablisze the worlds population how should it be and where should the initiative start.

4 things I am absolutely, 100% certain of in relation to this question and soon to be debate, is:

1. Those who choose the 500 million figure will never ever show leadership and get themselves, their kids and their grand kids sterilized before suggesting that someone else should get sterilized.

2. The starting point of any population reduction effort will be the bottom of the socio economic pile.

3. The 1% ers in all countries of the world will never have anything to worry about and will never have to worry about being sterilized themselves or their kids or their grand kids being sterilized.

4. The sheeple in all the countries of the world will all agree that the worlds population should be reduced to 500 Million, all the while thinking that it will never ever be applied them and their families. It will always be someone else.
edit on 16-6-2015 by azureblue because: z

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Wait, so we destroy the soul and not the human body?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

More population propaganda by the western globalists bent on world conquest.

How is it that Russia wants to double its population.

How is it that china found a solution for their population control with single child policy, no need to kill anyone.

Population problem is all western sick psychology crap

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling
Other than the kids born out of license. Seem to have ignored them.lol.

I would always go for 500 mil. No doubt in my mind. If my family wasn't part of that then that's a shame but adleast their sacrafice ensured to prolonged survival of our species. I've always said Africa will be the first target. Land resources and little counter attack capabilities.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

B. No one gets out alive. Nature will already take care of A and more in its due course.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Earth can easily sustain 8 billion or even more if they treat their land in the right way.

Our economy, society and way of life can't

Not when most of the earths land and resources are in the hands of the few...

For those who wish depopulation to occur... please start with yourselves

Nature always has a way, there might be a meteoroid heading our way that may erase humans entirely from earth.

But who are you or anyone else who decides how many totally innocent people have to die, for the well being of the few remaining?

I am sure these kind of people also praise Hitler's and Stalin's work, various slaughters and genocides throughout history, people dying from hunger, diseases etc.

Good job people kill others instead of trying changing the system for the better.

in the end I how the decision for reduction of the population should be taken? by vote? by fascism? by secret conspiracy attempt, vaccine and food poisoning? what?

I guess I have a solution to this problem, the first to die, should be those who think depopulation is a good idea,

and since they think it is a good idea they shouldn't have a problem.

edit on TueTue, 16 Jun 2015 06:06:41 -05001AMk000000Tuesdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

You are such a humanist you want to kill few billion rather than explore other ways

You make Hitler feel small scale.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
We have 7.5 Billion people on Earth. Pollution is rampant. Consumption is all consuming. Nature is being destroyed. There is a mass extinction currently occurring. The general consensus is it's due to overpopulation and an unwillingness to change.

The Powers That Be have created nanobots that have spread around the world and infected every human. The nanobots in TPTB and your own body have been disabled.

You have been given a choice.

A. You can push a button that will enable the nanobots to quickly kill seven billion humans all of them randomly until 500 million of them are left. This will hopefully help the planet recover but hey, that's a lot of dead souls... murderer.

B. You can choose to not push the button and leave all 7.5 billion people alive. This will probably continue the destructive trend but hey, everyone lives... for now.

I would like to hear your choice. What would you do. You live either way. There is no other choice in this equation. It's either one or the other in this theoretical situation.

There is no choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling
Population problem is all western sick psychology crap

The world is overpopulated. The oceans are dying. The soil is depleted of nutrients. The landfills are overflowing. We are living in each others hip pockets. People can't live free. I'd rather have a world with 500 million than 8 billion. No question. I wouldn't push a button to kill people off. But I'd push a button that would sterilize the majority of humans. No problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So basically,we africans that have always lived in symbiosis with nature,who have preserved our forests til the west came rushing,should be the first to go?lol Isnt that a little counterproductive?

On Topic,overpopulation is a myth...If the civilized world wasnt raping Gaia every way it can,we could be 10billions,20 even,and Gaia would still be able to handle us..What we need isnt depopulation,what we need to do is to stop acting like f***ing viruses to this planet

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Lol. I'm a functionalist, not a humanitarian. If it were up to you and the other poster there would be no wars in human history. I don't agree with it but it is necessary. How big would our population be if there wasn't a single war in the bronze age? You think 50 billion is sustainable. No? Why not try to find another solution? No?. Just cos I don't agree with Hitler and stalin doesn't mean I'm deluded to the benefits such as advances in medicine technology human rights agriculture economies social norms freedom of speech etc etc. I will thank these evil people on your behalf in future. Wise up.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

Nothing against Africa. It's just in terms of weapons capabilities, land mass, natural resources your country, in my eyes, is the most likely to go first. China would be great but they would destroy the world in retaliation. Africa would not.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I choose B.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
depends who the 500m is doesnt it

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well i guess its time for us to starting building doomsday devices A La Professor farmsworth(futurama reference for those in the know)...But I get your point and you are right,we most likely will be the first to go...or Mother Earth decide to cure herself of the viral infection that is killing her softly....

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I choose population of four. Myself, Scarlett johansson, Jessica Alba, and Padma Lakshmi

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join