It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Nikola Tesla gain psychic ability?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really Phage, really?

Eidetic memory
Tesla read many works, memorizing complete books, and supposedly possessed a photographic memory.[10]:33 He was a polyglot, speaking eight languages: Serbo-Croatian, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, and Latin.[15]:282 Tesla related in his autobiography that he experienced detailed moments of inspiration. During his early life, Tesla was stricken with illness time and time again. He suffered a peculiar affliction in which blinding flashes of light would appear before his eyes, often accompanied by visions. Often, the visions were linked to a word or idea he might have come across; at other times they would provide the solution to a particular problem he had encountered. Just by hearing the name of an item, he would be able to envision it in realistic detail. Tesla would visualize an invention in his mind with extreme precision, including all dimensions, before moving to the construction stage, a technique sometimes known as picture thinking. He typically did not make drawings by hand but worked from memory. Beginning in his childhood, Tesla had frequent flashbacks to events that had happened previously in his life.[10]:33

I seriously just do not understand either of you, at all, I am not even sure i want to any longer.

Its a Philosophy and Metaphysics forum.......why do i even need to say that in a post? To either of you?

Here....take this source.

* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths

* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.

* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming

* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.

* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude

* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.

* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.

* To explore: What is reality?

Intro to this Forum

So please, gentlemen, read it and then tell me what exactly the op has done or said to deserve the complete obliteration of his thread?

Sources aren't required here, its a forum for free thought. A source for the info is provided, quite easily in fact and is also available in google. I am certain you could have looked, why did you choose not to?

But mostly, why must every thread that is posted in forums quite similar to this constantly subject to this circle jerk. Since no one gets off on it, why don't we just let it end?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Really Phage, really?
Yes. Really. He was a very good engineer.

So please, gentlemen, read it and then tell me what exactly the op has done or said to deserve the complete obliteration of his thread?
Sorry.
I think Tesla obtained his alleged psychic abilities by standing too close to his experiments. Better (didn't work out so well for Mme Curie)? How you you think he obtained them?

edit on 6/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OK, folks...

That'll be enough of the sniping.

Discuss the psychic abilities of Tesla, or lack of same. No need to take shots at each other.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yes, it is the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum, but neither of those seem to be the subject of this thread. The OP is apparently claiming Tesla had psychic abilities. I've simply asked for his sources regarding such an idea, and they have steadfastly refused to provide them.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

If we are unwilling to accept the anecdotal evidence that severe early childhood illnesses/trauma and even death have profound effects on the brains chemistry and function, and as such occasionally produces what we could call psychics then the only other really plausible explanation would be technology.

Source

People with locked-in syndrome, a condition where a healthy mind is unable to express itself due to brain damage, are slowly being opened up through direct contact with their motor neurons in the brain. Frank Guenther at Boston University's Speech Lab has teamed up with Phillip Kennedy at Neural Signals to measure activity in the speech centers of the brain through implanted electrodes. These electrodes can then relay the information to a sub-dermal amplifier and then to a computer via wireless FM transmission. The results: a patient has demonstrated the ability to form rudimentary vowel sounds on a synthesizer using just his thoughts. It's a small step, but research like this may one day allow someone to simply think of the words he wants to say, and have a computer do the talking for him. We have some videos of the wireless brain signal to speech test results after the break.

Admittedly it's a stretch, but aren't many of Tesla's concepts a stretch in some ways? He was someone who seemed to challenge ideas. So in reality, and assuming he had the technical ability, he would need only to create a receiver that picked up human thought. So while I would agree that some lesser known person wouldn't be capable of this, i really could not say the same with Tesla. I am not sure anyone really can, he was rather next level and it isn't like his inventions don't still have merit today.

That being said I will leave it with this.
Livescience

The problem is not that skeptics and scientists refuse to take ESP seriously; indeed, researchers have spent decades trying to find good evidence. One famous research organization, the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research group, led by Prof. Robert Jahn, spent nearly three decades searching for psychic ability, usually getting mixed and inconclusive results. It finally closed its doors in 2007, never having found hard scientific evidence for ESP.
Still, others continue the research. An emeritus professor at Cornell University, Daryl Bem, spent much of the past decade conducting experiments that he believes demonstrate that psychic powers exist. Bem tested the ability of college students to accurately sense random events, such as detecting where an image will flash on a computer screen. Bem's research was published in "The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology," a respected psychology journal. The study made national news, but researchers who examined Bem's studies found significant statistical and methodological flaws, suggesting that his apparent success was likely an artifact of those errors.
Bem stood by his findings, acknowledging some mistakes and dismissing others, and encouraged others to replicate his ESP studies. If he had really found scientific evidence for psychic ability, others should be able to duplicate it. Two different teams of independent researchers replicated Bem's research — and both failed to find any evidence for ESP. The studies were published in the journals "PLoS ONE" in 2011 and in the "Journal of Personality and Social Psychology" in 2012.

I assume it is still being researched, and lets face it, BMI technology is gonna be doing some scary # soon. Is the broadcasting of thoughts really that hard to believe?

And while this might be just a judgement of character, Tesla does seem like the sort of chap who would develop this tech, give it to himself and realize just how dangerous it would have been during his era. I mean who would you trust with that secret? the Us or Russia?

Hell, he very well may have given it to one of them. Aren't some of his patents forever confidential?
edit on 15-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Admittedly it's a stretch, but aren't many of Tesla's concepts a stretch in some ways?
Not the ones that worked. They were applications of prior theory. No matter how he misinterpreted the results.

Aren't some of his patents forever confidential?
Not that I know of.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, there have been records of persons suffering from various head trauma, that holds evidence to the fruition of savant-like skills, post event. Links to rewired neurological pathways, are suspect catalyst to endowment. Brain activity can be defined as low electrical pulse exchanges exercised in your grey matter. Physical damage can levy and detour default routes, giving way to new course, and/or new connective bridging synapse, in lieu of salted plane. This adaptation can trigger dilation and coalesce new synchronicity in brain centers, previously inept.

In some of Tesla's journals and diary, he implied his epiphanies to science manisfested from hypnogogic states, in which the treasured information was plucked and fused. But, without due, the moment metaphysical molestation made record, all of his revelation and reverence was smeared and sullied.

But who knows? If only the departed could speak....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I don't think inspiration is the same thing as psychic ability. Was Galileo psychic? Newton? Bach? Einstein? Mozart? Feinman?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Tesla was a truly gifted scientist and engineer, but he had the wrong business sense for his period.
Even with being the father of AC, Edison refused to fund many of his projects and when Tesla quit (after Edison reneged on a bet), Edison's money and political clout were always a thorn in his side.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

LOL I dont know man, didn't Feynman work with probability....or predicting the future as one might view it?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

LOL I dont know man, didn't Feynman work with probability....or predicting the future as one might view it?

Only in that quantum mechanics is a math based on probabilities. Sort of like poker. Any psychics getting rich in Vegas?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I have to say thus far, I have not walked away feeling more enlightened. I came with a question and walked away the same.

Perhaps I should've phrased the title ,"How did Nikola Tesla assumably gain psychic ability?", and the debate over the title might've been less controversial.

But I did walked away with this insight. Some folks like to provoke and argue and answer a question with a question and the like.

It's like me saying the anedote with Jesus walking on water and challenges immediately come, "show me proof me did." gimme me a freakin break. LMFAO!

"It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects."
Nikola Tesla

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Yes, it is the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum, but neither of those seem to be the subject of this thread. The OP is apparently claiming Tesla had psychic abilities. I've simply asked for his sources regarding such an idea, and they have steadfastly refused to provide them.

i already provided at least one, marc seifer. lmao!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms
Strange you asking me for evidence.

Strange how you make a silly claim, then are unable to back it up with any evidence at all....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

It's like me saying the anedote with Jesus walking on water and challenges immediately come, "show me proof me did." gimme me a freakin break. LMFAO!

Does it matter if Jesus did walk on water or not? What might actually matter is whether or not he existed as portrayed at all. But what really matters is the message of the stories.

Similarly with Tesla. The stories don't really matter so much as the legacy. His inventions are an integral part of our world, such as it is. Some of his ideas...better left behind.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: alansmms
Strange you asking me for evidence.

Strange how you make a silly claim, then are unable to back it up with any evidence at all....

I see you are about protecting your honor, saving face. Not every mystery in the universe comes with evidence. Sometimes you only get anedoates and clues.

There no point to argue with you, when you get down to scoffing other's question as "silly".

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Ask Penn and Teller....or any of the many magic acts in Vegas.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You think that's actual "magic?"

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

With what they make per year, does it really matter?

Psychics can be big business in Vegas, so i am gonna go ahead and venture a general yes if the large number of magicians and psychics working in vegas and the annual conferences aren't evidence enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
edit on 1022015amMon, 15 Jun 2015 02:22:47 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join