It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Nikola Tesla gain psychic ability?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

Oh...you mean you only want responses from people who agree with you as opposed to looking at all sides objectively. What a very scientific approach that is after all. All that means is you're not actually interested in the truth or being objective in favor of confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms

actually this is just a mystery...lol...responses so far have been unimpressive. more nagging and questions to my own question than answers.

so any enlightened folks that have some clues here, i like to hear from you. factually well-informed, tolerant of alternative opinions, and guided by rational thought folks.

unenlightened naggers, stay away!

Love it when people post completely far out crazy posts and then whine when people question them and express doubt over what is in essence a baseless theory.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
lesser beings haven't been able to recreate demonstrations this man performed up to around 100 years ago. he invented 700 patents. who here can boast similar achievements?

www.youtube.com...
the scientists in this documentary have acknowledged his accomplishments. on record, his accomplishments were witnessed but no one then understood them. even the scientific community today are still clueless to much of his work.

www.youtube.com...
even hugh jackman speaks on it.

people can look into these things if they like.

the man has already persumably performed enough advanced scientific feats no one else can reproduce even like 100 years later. reportedly,he shown them at least once, then kept them under wraps.

in that case, i wouldn;t be suprised if he is able to do more mysterious feats especially if there are clues/signs to them.

is this not the forum for discussing/investigating top secret and mystery topics? lol.

so you'll have to excuse me if folks are not enlightened enough to see that. gimme a break!

just because someone doesn;t have the intellect to recreate a scienctific accomplisment doesn't render the accomplishment untrue.

edit on 4112015amThu, 18 Jun 2015 11:28:24 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Oh...you mean you only want responses from people who agree with you as opposed to looking at all sides objectively. What a very scientific approach that is after all. All that means is you're not actually interested in the truth or being objective in favor of confirmation bias.

you know what? let me put forth this concept. ok so what do you do when available science fails to explain a phenomenon?

not everything can be explain be limited science. what truth you speak of? truth is that theres a mystery. what bias? science was no help explaining. so what do you do? go mad and start pulling your hair out? lol.

in that case, do you just dismiss something science cannot explain? or do you admit science cannot explain it?

can science explain the paranormal? lol.

not saying i don't accept science, it has help mankind a lot but not be all and end all. blind faith is not a good thing.

objectivity is about seeing/accepting facts in a situation . an example can be what science is unable to explain, not deny the facts simply because science cannot explain it.

edit on 4122015pmThu, 18 Jun 2015 12:07:45 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Dude I'm not trying to be a clown, but when you start your forum off like a backyard circus with no pinashe at all I'm sorry but in order to get involved I'm gonna be a clown.

Normally I would love a Tesla thread, butbive seen this one for a couple days and I'm sorry but I didn't want to click on it because your discussion topic should have been about whether or not Tesla even had psychic abilities, not how he attained said "speculated" powers.

If you wish to say something paranormal is fact before you even start the discussion you must provide some source yourself. We could bring up all your "sources" before you like we are trying to help the discussion but you will just be a know it all.

I've been an avid Tesla fan for over a decade read books and scoured the internet for some time now. I never really heard any spectacular stories about any sort of mental ability oustide the realm of his amazing ability to invent which I would say even if he had psychic powers would still be more impressive than an ability to read minds.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

Dude I'm not trying to be a clown, but when you start your forum off like a backyard circus with no pinashe at all I'm sorry but in order to get involved I'm gonna be a clown.

Normally I would love a Tesla thread, butbive seen this one for a couple days and I'm sorry but I didn't want to click on it because your discussion topic should have been about whether or not Tesla even had psychic abilities, not how he attained said "speculated" powers.

If you wish to say something paranormal is fact before you even start the discussion you must provide some source yourself. We could bring up all your "sources" before you like we are trying to help the discussion but you will just be a know it all.

I've been an avid Tesla fan for over a decade read books and scoured the internet for some time now. I never really heard any spectacular stories about any sort of mental ability oustide the realm of his amazing ability to invent which I would say even if he had psychic powers would still be more impressive than an ability to read minds.

you said you been consulting tesla resources for over a tesla. clearly you haven't taken a look at seifer's biographic book pasaage and the 2 tesla film i referenced, did you? ohterwise you already knew what i was referring to in first place.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms
you know what? let me put forth this concept. ok so what do you do when available science fails to explain a phenomenon?

Prove a phenomena and then we can go from there. Insisting that Tesla was a psychic isn't proof of whatever phenomena you are alluding to. If a phenomena is observable, testable and repeatable then science can explain it.

not everything can be explain be limited science. what truth you speak of? truth is that theres a mystery.

And what mystery is that? Coincidence and inaccuracy is not a mystery. Was Tesla a brilliant engineer? Absolutely. There is nobody questioning that. Your insistence that his brilliance was derived from psychic abilities however...

what bias? science was no help explaining. so what do you do? go mad and start pulling your hair out? lol.

What bias? Your CONFIRMATION BIAS. It means that you begin with presupposition and only accept points of view that pander to those particular notions while refusing to look at the possibility that you may very well be rather far off the beaten path of reality.

in that case, do you just dismiss something science cannot explain? or do you admit science cannot explain it?

I don't dismiss the possibility of anything. If there is evidence for it, then the evidence can be observed, repeated tested etc... It's quite simple actually.

can science explain the paranormal? lol.

Often times yes, the alleged "paranormal" occurrences do in fact have a rational, scientific explanation behind them.

not saying i don't accept science, it has help mankind a lot but not be all and end all. blind faith is not a good thing.

You may want to take that last sentence regarding blind faith under consideration. You refuse to even look at the possibility that Tesla was not psychic. Not being psychic would not make him any less fascinating or brilliant.

objectivity is about seeing/accepting facts in a situation . an example can be what science is unable to explain, not deny the facts simply because science cannot explain it.

There is no objectivity in beginning with a false premise though. This thread is predicated on your "fact" that Tesla had psychic powers and then the question of how he obtained them. That's not a fact, that's an opinion that you have not even demonstrated evidence of let alone proof. If you were actually being objective, you would be looking at both sides of the equation, not just the premise you insist on without evidence. Are you even willing to entertain the notion that Tesla was not psychic or supernatural in any way, shape or form? To go down that road does not take away from his brilliance as an engineer no matter how eccentric he may have been. None of his brilliance or eccentricities however make him possessed of psychic abilities. What you maintain as facts aren't actually facts. It's opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

ok man i concur partial with your point of view. i never implied/meant he was full psychic like see what happen tomorrow and every day thereafter and see the lottery number and so on.

I will admit that i 'm open to the possiblity hes not psychic.

but the whole problem with proving whether hes can foresee certain events , how do you repeatedly test something like that?

and lets discuss probabality, there are so many trains running in a day, what are the chance of randomly correctly guessing which one would have accident and when?

something like that is highly unlikely as winning the lottery number which i argue is understandably enough to raise natural curiousity.

moreoever, what are the odds of me guessing correctly the lottery number?

now i don;t know the complete record on his premonition, but if the papers printed more than one instance , if there were many more instance, there no way for me to know that since i don;t know the record on him.

i was simply asking if anyone had information so i can piece everyhing together for a better picture.

grasp this logic if you can, what if the leads you have aren;t evidences but clues? do you give up or do you look into them to see if they leads to something more? so if you only have eye witness accounts ,do you look into those or give up?

haven;t you seen those detective movies? do theuy always have solid evidence? what do they do with leads and clues?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join