It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Nikola Tesla gain psychic ability?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't find it hard to believe - or even a stretch of the imagination - that Tesla was working on ESP and Consciousness. He was the first to build a Ghost Box, and he understood waves/frequencies/vibrations of energy, that not only affect the human brain, but also the rest of the planet - the universe. Now if that's not metaphysical... I don't know what is. That's all meta-physicists go on about. Frequencies, and vibrations and waves of love and positivism.

But I do believe science and the metaphysical can meet - it's that mysteriousness that inspires child like wonder in hardcore scientists, and I always hope and wish for them to have those Wow moments.

When Einstein was asked what's it like to be the smartest person in the world he said, "I don't know - ask Tesla." I always loved that, if it's a true statement.

That his envisioned future of free energy and a better world has not come to pass is saddening, but hey - the 21st century isn't even over yet! Always dare to dream and hope!

CdT

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

I believe he received (became aware of the latent abilities) it the same way I did: PTSD as a child.

Btw, we all have a meta-conscious perception. Most do not pay it enough attention due to not believing they possess it and therefore do not nurture it.

inthemindseyedyslexicrenaissance.blogspot.ca...
edit on 15-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I will jump in here and state: Read between the lines. Then again, my own personal experiences has allowed me to observe experiences (with critical thought) of others such as Tesla through their writings that shows me he was indeed "in tune".

Your comment towards the other member is quite rude. It's OK, I can be prickly as well....I just need better reasons.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: trifecta

I don't think inspiration is the same thing as psychic ability. Was Galileo psychic? Newton? Bach? Einstein? Mozart? Feinman?

Are those two factors mutual exclusive in mastery?

I did not imply that enceinte prodigy was compartmentalized to psychic claim. My point was luring to physiological trauma's abstraction. I did close with mention of Tesla's flaunt and fair to psychic constellation, but there was no hint of absolute. Nor am I innoculated from, or in protest of inspiration's impact on validation.

The thing about being "psychic". I think people confuse exponential predictions and trends, like what futurists foretell, to vague and largely ambiguous portents from Nostradamus types, to charlatan, socio-psychological appraisers that tout themselves as palm readers and kiosk mediums, to acute and authentic purveyors, that they all mock.

I firmly believe in metaphysical manisfestation. Logical guesstimates, to me do not qualify as "psychic". All that being, is an exercise in intelligence. I can make some bold predictions to future designations, from hundreds of years into the future, to the next generation. Leaps in logic based on trends and potentials. This process is divorce of ephemeral injection.

Now if a subject in question commits to a portent with specific, undeniable information/data, or exhibit precognative flashes, that manisfest through synchronicity of thoughts and preceding events, palpable coincidence, or vivid, reoccurrance of deja`vu. For me, I see a clear division in the speculations.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman
Tesla's is geeks' Jesus.

Count on a few impressionable folks to turn the story of a smart man into a myth where he can even perform miracles.

Quoted for agreement. The man was a genius. No doubt, but th ATS's have turned him into a God that created everything from the AC motor to crunchy peanut butter.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
According to Tesla's book of patents, he fashioned the Wardenclyffe Tower after the human nervous system (minus the projections to the arms and legs). The scaffolding around the tower was only to hold it up, but the functional part consisted of what is equatable to a spine, capped by the cerebral cortex on top. The ends of the top plate of the tower curls inwards like the hippocampus. THE TOWER CAP EVEN HAD DIMPLES! THE CEREBRAL CORTEX HAS PEAKS AND VALLEYS TOO (gyrus and sulcus respectively). This tower was used to transmit electrical signals wirelessly.

If a tower, meant to transmit electrical signals wirelessly, is inspired by the human nervous system, then of course humans are capable of transmitting information wirelessly (telepathically).

We've just lost touch with this ability. I hope to hear from you soon (telepathically)!
edit on 15-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
What YouTube video or fringe website gave you the ridiculous notion that Tesla was psychic? Critical thinking: Try it.

There are things that defy scientific explanation. Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries. Try it.

Only if the science hasn't caught up to that which it endeavors to explain. All things can be explained by science. There are no cases which science "can't" explain, only those which it "hasn't yet."

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
If a tower, meant to transmit electrical signals wirelessly, is inspired by the human nervous system, then of course humans are capable of transmitting information wirelessly (telepathically)

That's incredibly faulty reasoning...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If a tower, meant to transmit electrical signals wirelessly, is inspired by the human nervous system, then of course humans are capable of transmitting information wirelessly (telepathically)

ever hear of an electroencephalogram (EEG)? they detect electromagnetic signals on the scalp, outside the brain. Our brains also react to electromagnetic input. So there ya go, input, output. Tell me your reason why it can't happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Would it be safe to say that Tesla was a one of a kind Savant?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Would it be safe to say that Tesla was a one of a kind Savant?

Much safer than saying he was a psychic.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

ever hear of an electroencephalogram (EEG)? they detect electromagnetic signals on the scalp, outside the brain. Our brains also react to electromagnetic input. So there ya go, input, output. Tell me your reason why it can't happen.

No, an EEG does not detect neurological impulses that are outside the brain. They signals are strong enough to be read from the scalp yes, but it is only reading electrical activity INSIDE the brain. There is no external output. I'm well versed in how an EEG works, I have multiple EEG's per year including one that I occasionally have to bring home with me and wear for 48-72 hours. The brain is not a transmitter in any way shape or form. All electrical impulses read by the EEG are taking place inside your head. To be more specific, an EEG reads Neural oscillation which is rhythmic or repetitive neural activity in the central nervous system. So no, there isn't any output in the way you seem to believe there is. But don't take my word for it, the Mayo Clinic which is probably the best neurology center in the US agrees with me though.

www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Riiiiiight... Because human ingenuity's mimicry of biology, in attempt to advance technology, as always been a hopeless travail.

Biology is the ideal blueprint to machine. What makes you think you're more than a byzantine, organic automaton, yourself? Show me the proof you are not a homunculi.

Back to Wardenclyffe. That was the example of a fractal made whole. To the order of a higher fractal magnitude, researchers have expressed the brain's neural lattice analogous to the Universe's architecture. Scary thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

No, an EEG does not detect neurological impulses that are outside the brain. They signals are strong enough to be read from the scalp yes, but it is only reading electrical activity INSIDE the brain. There is no external output. I'm well versed in how an EEG works, I have multiple EEG's per year including one that I occasionally have to bring home with me and wear for 48-72 hours. The brain is not a transmitter in any way shape or form. All electrical impulses read by the EEG are taking place inside your head. To be more specific, an EEG reads Neural oscillation which is rhythmic or repetitive neural activity in the central nervous system. So no, there isn't any output in the way you seem to believe there is. But don't take my word for it, the Mayo Clinic which is probably the best neurology center in the US agrees with me though.

www.mayoclinic.org...

How do you explain consistent waveforms that are correlated to various states of consciousness? Are these not consistent signals that are being emitted, dependent on the psychological state of the person? Delta waves consistently occur during deep sleep, Theta waves correlate to deep relaxation, etc. The waves are an emergent property of the neurological activity described in your link, and we have been able to consistently match certain wave frequencies with certain psychological states. These waves are externalized from the brain, which is where the EEG detects them (the scalp).

Read about gamma waves, that's the frequency where the magic happens

originally posted by: trifecta
To the order of a higher fractal magnitude, researchers have expressed the brain's neural lattice analogous to the Universe's architecture.

Exactly. During neuropathology exams, you are able to see the beautiful fractal pattern of the cerebral cortex.
edit on 16-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've watched a lot of documentaries on Tesla and I've questioned the same thing in the past. That was before I got a better understanding of how the universe works and what we are. I do feel that he was a very sensitive individual (empath) and picked up on certain things more easily. Aside from a possible ocd, Tesla had an issue where he didn't shake peoples hands. This may have been the case because he may have felt their energy, good or bad.

We are all born intuitive, but it's wether we decide or are forced to shut off our intuitive nature to conform to society that allows us to be able to interpret and "predict" things. I also feel that back in his day there weren't as many distractions, pollution, chemicals in food and water as there is today -- all which cause us to remain in a low vibratory state mentally.

"Psychic" or intuitive knowledge is experienced when the person is within a high enough frequency that they are able to pick up on things that are not visible to the naked eye. These can come as visions, "gut" feelings, or just a clear knowing. Your soul & thoughts vibrate at a high frequency while your mind and body vibrate at a lower frequency. Higher frequencies are able to be seen and interpreted by your soul which is what gives you your intuition.

We are made up of vibrations, energy and frequencies, so being a man that worked with energy, it's no surprise he figured this concept out about our true nature and began to study and experiment with it.

You can't think of this kind of phenomena in a 3D mind set. Because within this mindset it just seems impossible. When you begin realizing that we are energy and frequencies and just like how a radio can pull in specific frequencies as it's tuned to each station, is the same way our brain pulls in frequencies (thoughts) and transmits them to your mind for you to understand. Think of his "Psychic" experiences as him switching to another frequency, even for only a split second.

I watched a film on his life before and at the end of the film he mentions how he is talking to Edison (I believe that's who it was), who has been dead for a while at the time of the interview, but Tesla insisted that he was indeed having a conversation with him and he was very much alive. He wasn't crazy, he was just tuning into whatever frequency exists that allows us to connect to the unseen.

Our subconscious is tied to an infinite intelligence that is all knowing. Some people have figured that out and embrace and utilize this knowledge, others call it woo-woo and disregard it as "crazy" talk.

I say if you're curious about how he may have been psychic, try working on discovering your own psychic nature (which is within us all) and you'll find your answer -- warning: it might shake up your belief systems.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The neurological system is insulated, otherwise there would be leaking issues. The brain does emit low amplitude wave functions, that are very faint, and require sensitive equipment to detect. There are ways to make the body more conductive, to magnify the signal.

This brings up another ancillary. The use of frequency generated by brain function is fabled to be an interface with aetheric forces. This is suggesting a manipulation or data exchange. Ancient mysticism relied heavily on this notion. The practice of magic and rituals, morphed the exercises in manisfestations, with this concept in mind.

The nasal sinus was thought to be the channel to the Third Eye. Kind of a port and path of least resistance, for brain emissions to the outer world. Some cultures even removed parts of the scalp to achieve a stronger connection and medium, in addition to extra oxygen to the brain.

Through tongue and verse, vocalizations to were believed to be formulaic, in the channeling of intent and thought. The compound of vocal resonance and brain frequency, was to be the cocktail for combustion. Tibetan monks who "Overtone" or "Throat" chant, are good examples of vocalizations.

Another layer was fused to this marriage if energies. It was frequency through the eyes. Light carries information, eyes capture light, the pineal processes the light, and transmits it back through the eyes, to weigh in on the mind and mouth channel. Eyes are mirrors to the soul.

Your body does act like a living conductor. Geo-dynamics forces interact with biology, at times using the body as a transmitter or antenna. Sorry for the derail.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

The nasal sinus was thought to be the channel to the Third Eye.

There's ferrous oxide (magnetite) in the ethmoid bone of the sinus that responds to external electromagnetic impulses, so there's that. I'd be willing to bet that axons project directly to the pineal from the ethmoid sinus.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I believe some folks were nagging for evidence. I shall provide a clue.

en.wikipedia.org...

For one I believe, according to Wikipedia, this person was acquainted with Tesla and supposedly one friend he saved from train crash.

And two, according to Marc Seifer , " ...continued to repudiate the noton that human minds could interact by extrasensory means, even though ehe had recently saved some friend because of a premonition...."

Seem this info came from letter exchanges or the like of that....

books.google.com... NZ9kUT9UtskUo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAmoVChMI1ZeLvoqWxgIVgyKsCh3HdAAW#v=onepage&q=Robert%20Underwood%20Johnson%20train%20crash&f=false

The reference to this were made in 2 biographic films on Tesla: The Secret of Nikola Tesla(1980) and Free Energy Of Nikola Tesla (2013).

So make of this what you will. I resolved my own question on my own more or less. Shows over folks...

edit on 3022015amWed, 17 Jun 2015 02:02:10 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

edit on 3022015amWed, 17 Jun 2015 02:15:18 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: alansmms

What YouTube video or fringe website gave you the ridiculous notion that Tesla was psychic? Critical thinking: Try it.

There are things that defy scientific explanation. Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries. Try it.

Only if the science hasn't caught up to that which it endeavors to explain. All things can be explained by science. There are no cases which science "can't" explain, only those which it "hasn't yet."

ok fair enough...depend on how you look at it...

i implied things that which couldn't be explained today....time travel may be explained by science, you just can;t today.

wormhole may exist and be provable ,but you can;t do it today....

paranormal activities like haunting may be explainable by science but you can't do it and/or do it well enough today....

edit on 3022015amWed, 17 Jun 2015 02:14:41 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
actually this is just a mystery...lol...responses so far have been unimpressive. more nagging and questions to my own question than answers.

so any enlightened folks that have some clues here, i like to hear from you. factually well-informed, tolerant of alternative opinions, and guided by rational thought folks.

unenlightened naggers, stay away!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join