It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich in California admit they think they're above the rest of us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just desserts! California has been dictating ethics/morals and pretty much everything else to the rest of the country, for decades. Now they're getting a taste of their own. Suck it up and follow the rules about water usage or you will not have water. That is the reality of the situation.
edit on 94033Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You certainly can be overeducated.

If you're educated beyond your capacity for independent thought on those subjects, then you've been overeducated.

For some, this is Grade 6, 8, 10. For others, this is after 4 or 5 University degrees.

We all have a limit.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"Waaahhh, I can't run the sprinklers in my 10 acre private garden because there isn't enough to go around for necessity uses, waaahhhh! I'm better than poor people who don't have tons of garden space & beautified arid land, why should I suffer cutting back like a reasonable person, too? I WANT my plants that haven't adapted to the natural Californian environment!"

Bite my ass. Your water comes from the same sources, think of it as drawing from a communal well. Use up a huge portion of it on bullchit like acres & acres of "just to look at" lawn & flowers that were never meant for that environment in the first place, and there's a problem with you, the landowner.

You want to live on arid land? Friggin' adapt to living on arid land like it's supposed to be by natural design. That pretty green sod isn't going to mean squat when your water source is dry as a bone because you couldn't swallow a bitter pill & realize you made a bad choice in greenery.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We've taken al the gold.

Used up about all the water.

Time to give it back to Mexico!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: jimmyx

hey...you fluffy, furry, California-hating bigot, my backyard looks like parched desert, ..

lolz

I don't hate California. I even tried to visit once but I smoke and eat red meat and think independently.

So they wouldn't extend me a visa.

ha.....I smoke cigarettes, and every time I see someone look at me, they give me that look like I just killed their dog.....and in the central valley, it's always good to have a rancher friend, and/or have local knowledge of a great butcher shop for a prime grass-fed 3-inch cut of sirloin....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Isn't California saving water and denying it's usage to save the "farting bubble snail fish" (or whatever it's called)?

I guess my major concern is all the Californians coming here to my state (Oregon). I mean, it's already an ultra-liberal state. Add a few Californians and it'll be California "part deux".

That is why I live just across the river in WA... best of both worlds.

Well at least we are not running out of water anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

ha.....I smoke cigarettes, and every time I see someone look at me, they give me that look like I just killed their dog.....and in the central valley, it's always good to have a rancher friend, and/or have local knowledge of a great butcher shop for a prime grass-fed 3-inch cut of sirloin....

I'm down is San Diego for the next 5 weeks working and I have never seen so many smokers since the 1980s. Cigar bars all over the place too, not something I would expect in CA.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

We've taken al the gold.

Used up about all the water.

Time to give it back to Mexico!

I think the border has already moved up to Fresno already....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I have to fly to Sacramento in 2 weeks.

I'm afraid to go. I've never had botox nor do I own Birkenstocks. And I hate avacado's.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We purchased our home in 1993 and we live withing shouting distance of Lake Huron in Ontario. At that time water rates for usage were a flat rate for us all you want and the cost is the same as your neighbours costs.
Then about two years later they started harping about saving water and we are going green folks, yes indeed they put water meters in and the costs skyrocketed to the moon.
So we installed a "Sand Point Well" that is pressurized so its very very cheap to run, and pushes out the water like crazy to our gardens and grass.

The very next year the city comes out with this statement, "Our funds from water use have dropped over 80 % this past year and we cannot afford to let this keep going. What occurred was people simply stopped using water and our city was going bankrupt because of it.

So after spending millions to install water meters our wonderful leaders decided that hey a flat water rate is actually good.
Now its use all you want whenever you want, but the bills never dropped back down to realistic levels.

We still use our well because the ground water is awesome for our plants and grass. And yes there is no shortage of water here at the moment.
www.theweathernetwork.com...
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 14-6-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I have to fly to Sacramento in 2 weeks.

I'm afraid to go. I've never had botox nor do I own Birkenstocks. And I hate avacado's.

Sacramento doesn't have those things...birks are pretty much out of fashion, and botox is for the Hollywood crowd...try some Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino wines (might be cheaper here than other states)...also craft beers are everywhere, tasty but expensive. actually, Sacramento is a pretty bland, white-bread, place for it's population size, compared to the coastal cities.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

wow, one of the largest freshwater sources in the world and you were metered??.....I just looked it up and lake Huron has... 850 CUBIC MILES of water......geez...cubic miles!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've always wondered why green grass in a desert is such a good thing?

Personally, I love the desert. Especially in the spring.

That aside...

For the better part of a century, California has been wasting water. Now there's a drought, and they have little to none left...

I mean who didn't see this coming? Seriously. Now they'll, as always, start screaming for Oregon and Washington water. Or Colorado. Rather than address the issue...which goes far beyond a few rich people being sociopaths.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll be more than happy to send down about 6000 truckloads of snow come November... by the time it gets down there, it'll all be water.

Just give me a day or two to shovel my driveway, and it's all yours !

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I've always wondered why green grass in a desert is such a good thing?

Personally, I love the desert. Especially in the spring.

That aside...

For the better part of a century, California has been wasting water. Now there's a drought, and they have little to none left...

I mean who didn't see this coming? Seriously. Now they'll, as always, start screaming for Oregon and Washington water. Or Colorado. Rather than address the issue...which goes far beyond a few rich people being sociopaths.

oh, c'mon....like no other state wastes water, it's just California....how many other states have invested in aqaducts hundreds of miles long for farming, and distribution of our limited water to parts of the state...how many other states have invested in the amount of dams we have and the infrastructure to go along with it......jesus....I've been back to the some of the states where they wouldn't spend a dime to build a well, because its friggin' rains all the time, or they have some type of 30 foot deep river every ten miles or so....this drought is 4 years long, in a state with 34 million people, and on top of that, providing a hell of lot of food to the rest of the nation.......geez seagull, don't you have a dog to go kick, or something else as equally entertaining for you.

by the way, look up San Luis Reservoir ....we built this massive dam just to store extra water during the "rainy" season. it has no other source water, just what is pumped into it from far away....so...how is that wasting water
edit on 14-6-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: buddah6

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

No, the overeducated are the people who spend their lives with little or no contact with people outside the academic community.

Kinda like people who - have little contact with people outside their race - have little contract with people outside their church - have little contact with people outside their ****. You mean like everyone that 'hangs' with people who speak the same language and have the same interests?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Thank you. I'm well aware that other states waste water.

I love driving by fields right here in SE Washington and see the sprinklers watering the asphalt roads... If I time it just right, I can wash my windows...

I was asked to leave a county commissioners meeting not all that long ago because I brought up that very issue, as it relates to ungodly amounts of wasted water...in a region that's borderline desert to begin with. I won't even start on the vineyards wastage...

So, if you want to start a thread concerning water waste in other states other than California, feel free, and I won't be any more sympathetic to them.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

There is a glimmer of hope. Sometimes after they've retired they openly laugh at the rigidity of the academic belief systems.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

a reply to: CB328

They're Californians.

So, of course, they're better than the rest of us.

This just isn't true at all, I'm in california and I'm worse
than anybody. I make sure of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I guessing you don't live in Marin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join