It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Is Only A Human Concept

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: cooperton

If that memory is completed and returned to the universal memory, the upper spiritual consciousness does not have any lingering emotional response toward any human body.

Yeah I always figured that love was that force that is pulling us towards union, or that universal memory lying dormant in the soul (see Socrates' Theory of Recollection). Once that unity is reached, love is no longer a force acting upon you, because you are the fulfillment of love. Once you're done the race, you are no longer racing; likewise, this game of life we partake in is a game of love.

Love may be part of what its about, I think desire has alot to do with existance too, and love is a kind of desire amde manifest emotionally.

Yeah, it's like the epitome of desire I'd guess. Desire implies a lack of something. love is us seeking unity, because we currently lack it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Love is an emotion no a concept, plain and simple, as humans we are highly emotional and that tend to rule our lives.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Love is as much of a human concept as much as the English language is.

If we could not explain what love was in the first place, with words, it would exist without being challenged because there would be no way to communicate an argument or supposition.

Perhaps it cannot be explained, and perhaps all our attempts have really been futile up until this point, so only our concept is challenged, not the object itself.

I think it is a paradox, I would say that as soon as we can explain what love is, we cease to truly experience it.
edit on 16-6-2015 by systemresistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Unfortunately, this is a human condition that requires words and semantics to describe feelings and actions. Without these words you would not be able to articulate what you said and you would not be able to read my reply.

Yes the words are human concepts, so is money, religion, politics, sex, etc. What unconditional love is more than a human concept. The principal is very much the same in spiritualistic terms. For a soul unconditional love is the manifestation of energy in a non-judgmental way, it does not require a human condition to exist, only to be explained.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
It is one of the most complex emotional and physiological human aspects the spirit is learning when it undertakes human experience (incarnates). Love, as discussed above, is strictly a human response.

We like to assume many things, in our current state of being, but we truly don't know, or can prove anything.

How do we know we are learning?

Why did we need to learn in the first place? Did we come from nothing? Why do we need to learn or experience?

We can't even remember where we came from before birth, we don't know what dreams are, and most people don't even know when they actually are dreaming, yet we try to postulate emotions.

We seem to make up more BS to comfort, our current state or mind, and being.

We are like dogs chasing their tails.

Sometimes it's just nice to "Be".

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: realtruth

We like to assume many things, in our current state of being, but we truly don't know, or can prove anything.

I agree. We can only share a fragment of our own metaphysics or life philosophy. Some of us have trained our minds to be more in tune with the flow of existence and share for entertainment value and nothing more. We can't prove anything. Nothing I shared above makes a difference in my immediate world. Yet, I share because every now and then I like to "flex" on the new agers.

How do we know we are learning?

There is nothing to learn. We just like to give reasons for having experiences outside of the experience itself.

We can't even remember where we came from before birth

I agree to certain degree. It depends on the awareness of the individual. You go back there in sleep....

we don't know what dreams are

Speak for yourself, my friend. I have trained myself (with help) to evoke "Dream Time" and use dreams for more than emptying of daily emotions projected by the subconscious that many seem to only limit themselves to doing.

and most people don't even know when they actually are dreaming, yet we try to postulate emotions.

I agree.

Btw, what are "emotions" and where do they arise from? Where are they felt in the human body....? And why?

We seem to make up more BS to comfort, our current state or mind, and being.

Again, speak for yourself and not for others, my friend. New Agers seem to do that quite often - BS. Go through the Metaphysics Forum and you will see. However, personally speaking, I don't seek metaphysics for comfort. I have always had experiences since a child and therefore indifferent to it all. I do have plenty of time on my hands to explore inner worlds tho. The irony is this: My metaphysics (applied) has allowed for this creation of life that provides an abundance of time and freedom. Therefore, I do indeed find it comforting because it allows me to embrace life more fully.

If one seeks any metaphysical insight to find comfort or escape reality (especially external insight) then they are not really understanding the insight in the first place.

Not all of us. Some of us weigh things out in empirical fashion.

Everything I posted in my OP means NOTHING to me. I don't care if it came from "energy" or not.

I agree.

What does "To BE" mean to you?

Again:

+

The concept of running towards the horizon comes to mind: the faster you go, the faster it moves away from you. Only by being aware and living within the present moment will one come to realize that they are standing on the horizon their entire life. What they were running after is where they already are, always have been and always will be.

Home is on the horizon...

Just BE.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So love is mental energy, as is curiosity, or anger or emotions in general.

Emotions: I like to see them as E-motions. Or electronic-motions. Electronic-movement. Something outside causes us to experience something inside.

This mental energy has the potential to motivate and inspire those who experience it to create and manifest projects (be it art, music, technology, etc) that would be otherwise unlikely.

So love is a potential mental energy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The enlightened version of love is ACCEPTANCE. Just plain simple acceptance. This precludes emotion and judgment. As you stated :" love is an emotion ."
This naturally makes it an unstable affection open to interpretation and constant change.
Acceptance is an ACTION. It is stable and not vulnerable to fluctuating feelings.
Interesting note that "love " is generally used in a possessive sense. Enlightened folk do not possess, envy, invade or control another through emotion or any other way. These are if darkness.
Jealous husbands lovers and unknown admirers kill women every day "because they love them. "
Something to think about.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Elderlight because: Removed little face.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Love is not an action, but it may inspire action. Love is a state of being which may inspire acts of generosity/kindness, but Love itself is not an action.

To be and to have are the same. To have Happiness, is to be Happy. To have Love is to be Loved. To not have Happiness is to not be happy. To not have Love is to not be Loved. You have what you (perceive to) be. Unity/Friendship/Oneness is a perception of Love. To be Loved is to perceive Unity/Friendship/Oneness, etc. To (perceive yourself) BE Loved inspires friendly, loving action.

The temporary action comes from the state of being Love.

To the person who said "Love hurts", I have to disagree. Suffering hurts, not Love. A lack of love and joy brings suffering. Desire is a wish to achieve joy/love, but in order to achieve it, you first have to lack it.

"I am desiring." is lack.

"I am successful."
"I am abundant."
"I am happy."
"I am loved."

...is abundance.

The more you tell yourself, "I am... (this)" the more you will see evidence of it being true. The more you condemn yourself and others by declaring "they are... (something I dislike)", "I am... (something I dislike)", the more your perception of the world will seem bad. The more you see Love/Joy/Abundance, the more beautiful your perception of the world will become.

To be inspires to perceive, so it's important to perceive the good that you be.

Every concept is a humanly perceived concept. Even the "universe" is humanly perceive. For example, since certain insects can see ultra-violet light and we can't, that means, when we think of "universe" we think of a humanly perceived concept.

A response to:

Jealous husbands lovers and unknown admirers kill women every day "because they love them. "

If they kill out of jealousy, then jealousy inspired the action, not Love. Some people confuse jealousy (which leads to manipulative, destructive, possessive acts) as Love.

Jealousy comes from a lack, to not be happy that someone else has (in this case Love). To have Love is to be/feel Loved, it keeps away loneliness and jealousy.
edit on 17-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Life is arising as what is happening, unconditionally - this is the unconditioned reality - this is love. The present arising is just happening without anyone's approval - regardless of what any thought says about this - life simply just keeps happening. The next sound that appears is just going to appear - that sound is love, all that is appearing is love.
This that is happening - the sounds, the colours, the sensations even the thoughts are all just arising without anyone's permission.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

“As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “MATURITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know “THAT IS LIFE”!”

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
Some argue that learning about love or universal love is the purpose of our lives on this plane. It is not! The purpose as communicated to me from Energy for being here is simply to have experiences and to learn about all the emotions generated by each event in our lives, not only including love.

Love is about sharing your life with others - this is also the purpose of life.

Your goal is self defeating. Love is the reason why we have others to interact with. Without love, soon, the Universe will be an empty and lonely place...

...And without anyone else but you, you're not even alive anymore. It's a state called death.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Believe me, you don't want perform any automatic writing. There's zero chance of knowing what you're channeling, and a high probability of channeling something extremely gross.

There is love in the spirit worlds. The entire universe is based off love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness.

When this life ends, you'll be welcomed back and reassured and cared for in the best ways possible.

Don't believe a word of what that malevolent spirit you channeled said.

Love is NOT just a human concept.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join