It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people lie about aliens? An in-depth look at why we can discredit near all stories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's a clear fact that there are quiet a few people who lie in regards to aliens and will go extreme distances to try and prove the gibberish that they say. We are sure we have far more hoaxes than actual true stories. Many of these stories if you take them into consideration are complete gibberish and will have at best very mediocre pieces of evidence at best. 7 Billion+ people in this world and the things I see on facebook that are caught daily by cameras are phenomenal. From accidents to really lucky situations. How has it occurred that whenever there's a sighting it's just 1 man telling some story.

It usually leads to two questions:

1) Is it a matter of aliens existing and to desensitize the general public, the videos and stories are created in a mass?
2) Is it to discredit actual sightings?

Let's take this to an analytical level

Sightings - The camera industry is a 40+ Billion dollar industry and that I imagine is many cameras, not to include smartphones. The odds of 1 person seeing a flying object in the sky and recording it silently as if it's no big deal, they're pretty low. Reason being, when something is that high it basically comes into view especially if it's making erratic movements or slow movements. The higher up something is then a person at a distance will see it in their view while persons closer would have to look up. To see only one man grab his camera and snag a pic of this then come tell a story claiming it's aliens it's highly unlikely. There are sightings of unidentified craft but many of them are even simple quadcopters which have been around for quiet some time. Simply there are too many possibilities, to assume sightings aren't of this world, especially with so much word of secret projects. As well as the matter of being so very visible in their crafts, making something appear transparent isn't hard. We can do it here are you suggesting these aliens have inferior technology to us? It's just a matter of refraction to reflect what's seen, should be child's play to how advanced they'd be.

Abductions - An altered state of mind could easily be the cause of this. Many people will see a red ball and if they tell themselves enough the ball is blue, they will believe in that the ball is blue. The mind is a powerful thing and some dreams feel fairly real. You've most likely wet the bed before, if you didn't wake up to a wet, smelly bed then you'd be 100% confident in that you had literally went to the bathroom when infact your mother could've seen the tendency and created a mechanism to collect your pee then remove it before you awaken. Think about it, why would an alien abduct you and subject you to horrible tests. Do you notice the more advanced we come the less we have to dissect frogs? If they are indeed that advanced to fly across such vast distances, and brave entering unknown atmospheres, they must have great understanding of their own biology. As well as they must be fairly able to predict what the effects of entering an atmosphere will have on them before doing it. But before that, how do you propose you are abducted? Being lifted by a ray? Most abduction stories are in the form of "They came, did some super advanced stuff, then threw rocks at us and did some stone age probing, wiped our memories and put us back"
Subtopic: Implantations: Just no, we ourselves are at a point where we can probably implant microchips that we can't see, if you get implanted I doubt you'd even know, utter rubbish.

Contact - This isn't smart. You would never see an intelligent species walk up to an unknown specie and assume it's a safe thing to just contact it without fear, avoid and observe, bait and trap, test to see if friendly, encounter trust issues, feed until you are seen as master, continue to have trust issues. And that's the reality of us, you cannot assume that they would do it any differently, because ourselves being the only intelligent beings you know, do it this way. We surely have had people walk up to wild animals and get massacred, meet natural selection.

Visiting Earth - The last on the list the big
, now to visit a planet you'd first send robots there. No need to risk any lives, that's completely unintelligent. There are many factors, regardless of your level of intelligence that will deter someone from visiting a planet with active life forms. We could be bait, poison, deadly, extremely hostile(which we are) and pretty much many other things, them visiting us could cause them to get infected with a disease which could possibly wipe our their entire race. What reward would there ever be in visiting life before contacting them? None, if it seems intelligent and you can have a conversation with it, that would most likely be your first step. To speak and trade secrets to learn what are the conditions of a planet and what not, to do your own scientific research to see if it would be anywhere near safe to enter this area. Once there is communication, there is no need for that planet and our own to have the races meet. In any situation they'd first send a probe here. The probe analyzes the data send back useful information and they ramble with it. Unless there is something here they want, it would probably be a significant waste of energy to come here. In which case their energy consumption would most likely already be at high levels. Just look at us, a small planet like earth where many of us aren't rich and many without heavy electronic devices but in a few years our energy consumption will be skyrocketted, you can see the global 'solar/renewables' rush. Energy is essentially the most valuable thing in the universe. Why waste it to come see us and then keep hidden? Would they keep hidden to respect our governments request? Then what is the point.

Other than that, Why do we assume all life will be more intelligent than us, why can't we be the first? Why would other nations be so advanced that they don't run themselves into the ground just as we are on our way to?

The most common thing I've seen in this world is fighting on every level.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in extraterrestrial life, and I believe ALL life is intelligent, not just us. Animals here on earth are intelligent. Maybe down the line they will evolve, you never know. But look at the actions of them, birds diving at 200 MPH and not killing themselves is pretty damn interesting if you ask me. They are at a stage we once were, we do great things but didn't have it written down step by step. But this constant mumbo jumbo all about the place gets annoying.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Why is there a so called "Drug war"?
It's all the same deal. They make # up to keep us enslaved.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Not everybody 'lies,' they report their experiences as accurately as they can. They should be allowed to share the experiences without being dismissed as liars.

Ignoring the reports is a missed opportunity to explore an aspect of life that's with us whether people recognise it or not. Professors of folklore didn't dismiss the encounter reports as 'mumbo jumbo' and neither have all psychologists laughed off people's personal experiences. Major nations have officially investigated the UFO sightings reports too.

They give credence and respect to such reports whilst still trying to cut away the hoaxers and, yes, liars in the mix.

Let's say something intelligent has been interacting with us? If it was high on the Kardashev Scale of civilisation, would we even be able to recognise it? Would any of the reported humanoid encounters need to be 'flesh and blood?' Could they be projections, androids, consciousnesses in body suits? Arthur C Clark said high technology would be indistinguishable from magic and maybe he had a point?

No, I'm not arguing that 'aliens' are the answer. I'm saying that people genuinely have experiences that fall outside of current, conventional explanations. I'm pushing the notion that people are free to speculate, report and seek to work out what such 'anomalous experiences' might represent.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Here is one of my favorite cases:

www.ufocasebook.com...

When you look at the video, look at the drawings, and read the testimony, there are only two possibilities: either all these people got together, shot up their house, dragged the police back to their house in middle of the night, and told the same lie, or they saw what they say they saw. There is no mis-identification, no mass hallucination, it's either true or it's a lie. Which begs the question, why would these people lie? Old school Christian family, no drinking, didn't even have running water. You had parents, children, and grandparents all telling the same story. They didn't make a dime on this. So why lie?

As to the robot probe thing, well, that makes good sense. But you assume that the robots would be in a form we would recognize as robots. Instead of sending little crawly mechanical things like we do now, suppose they have the genetic know-how to custom design biological entities to act as probes instead? You want to explore cave networks? How about a genetically engineered bat? Instead of sending a deep sea probe to examine a trench, how about a deep sea fish? You want to explore space? How about a biological construct able to survive a variety of environments, extended space travel, and the ability to make decisions to carry out the mission?

How long would it be before we are able to customize humans to better adapt to places like Mars while it's being terraformed? 100 years? 500? 1000?

Just a tick on a cosmological watch.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Near all ? The Air force gave the phenomena
a 21% unexplained number and they were a
grumpy stubborn bunch.

At this point research will pull up Astronauts, Presidents,
(Ronald Reagan saw 3) Govenors, Senators, Chiefs of Staff,
FAA Head accident investigator, Generals, Pilots ,Police officers,
Radar returns, Sonar blips, Radiation counts, photos,
film video digital captures etc

Something not from around here is performing
impossible, from our perspective, maneuvers at will
including buzzing the restricted airspace of Crawford Ranch.
so, they're here..

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You don't need to believe people who have reported their experiences. I am sure Travis Walton doesn't care. Ronald Reagan, The Vatican, half the population of Mexico, anyone who has lived at SkinWalker Ranch, Commercial pilots, Astronauts, people in all areas of the world likely don't care that you don't believe their experiences.

Disclosure has been coming for 70 years. Putin has just recently threatened to tell all.

I can see what causes your trepidation. Too hard to wrap a human brain around us not being the first. We are just that arrogant.

But kudos to you for your thread!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I think you'll be waiting another 70 years going by what you've posted here.

Skinwalker ranch?

Putin?

Half of Mexico?

I think you've been led down the wrong path on UFO disclosure, let's take Putin for example...a completely fabricated story.

edit on 13/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Many many points but I will just say if they do exist, they most probably sent this "probe" hundreds of years ago, and why rely on probe. Why could they not experience the first encounter themselves. Probes are based on a lack of understanding and fear. Why would a species with this technology need a probe?.they could have technology far superior to probes (and orb of light).

Also with abductions you don't see as many dissections of already known species because we feel we fully understand em. As soon as we find a new one we trap it, mutilate it and often send it back into the wildj to observe it in its natural environment. How are abduction cases different. Although it may prove further that abductions are a human construct.

That's all for now

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Why?

People like to be special, whether UFO sighting, Indigo person, got mind power etc people want to not be just a normal human. In the past tattoos had a similar effect in making people more special than the masses. Today it is almost the other way where people feel more special not having any tattoos...hehe

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure there is as much lying going on as you suggest. I think a lot of the claims I find hard to buy into are being made honestly by those making them.

Abduction for instance? Who knows and considering the number of people who believe they have been abducted, I'm not ready to say there is nothing to it and I'm certainly not ready to think they are lying.

Your post assumes they are lying and I'm not buying that. Yes we see a lot of hoaxing coming from YouTube scammers, but I think most of the personal accounts we see here, they are just posting what they believe to be true.

How would an Alien visitor approach us? I have no idea and just because they would be technologically advanced, that says little about how they would think or how they would react to us.

But this constant mumbo jumbo all about the place gets annoying.

That is more than a bit harsh. We are not forced to read or participate in any conversation, so why would it be annoying at all?
edit on 6/13/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Think he annoyed like the rest of us, we believe but the scammers ruin credibility.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I first discovered this site while I was seeking others who have encountered high strangeness and non human intelligences.
I have had these types of encounters.
They can be very disturbing.
I learned pretty quickly that giving accounts here, much the same as anywhere else, gets you shot down.
There are a few exceptions, but they are a persecuted minority.
I still enjoy coming here for breaking alternative news and to drop the occasional quip, but I have chosen to remain silent as far as the real meat and potatoes are concerned.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to: Chadwickus

I don't have 70 years...I have, maybe, 2. So I will seek and find as long as I draw breath.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So people have been lying about alien visitation for 1000's of years now - from Sumerian times right through to country's air forces today especially during wars.

Most of the major religions also include visitations from somewhere else and a lot of the cryptozoology stories could fall under these sightings too (faeries etc)

How do you explain the ancient stories and drawings of what looks to me like aircraft of some description from Asia to S.America?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
From what I gathered, we are dealing with something far more exotic than flesh and blood beings coming here from another planet in a nuts and bolts spaceship.
It is a real phenomenon that is not entirely the product of delusional minds and liars.
I don't have high hopes for any physical proof in a conventional sense.
I do know, first hand, that there is something more than overactive imagination and fabrication to all the many accounts.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
So people have been lying about alien visitation for 1000's of years now - from Sumerian times right through to country's air forces today especially during wars.

Most of the major religions also include visitations from somewhere else and a lot of the cryptozoology stories could fall under these sightings too (faeries etc)

How do you explain the ancient stories and drawings of what looks to me like aircraft of some description from Asia to S.America?

...And what drawings would those be?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
its not just people that have been lying , its the disabled ,blind, deaf and the handicapped that haven't been lying is what I find odd, especially about abduction

funbox

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Here is one of my favorite cases:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Yes, not all stories are lies.

Some are simply mistakes:
link

Harte

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I myself am more likely to ask how is it that people like you can't see obvious evidence that aliens visit the earth

Doesn't matter that some people lie, some people tell the truth.

I ignore liars, you should do the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ok, I'll bite. What "obvious evidence"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join