It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ouija board story that ends in disaster.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think Ouija Boards are banned from toy stores but last time I thought I saw it at Toy's R Us or something.

Yeah, this whole stupid hurts my head as well.

This whole Ouija and Charlie Charlie crap needs to stop..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

you are required by T&C to always provide a link to the source when posting content from another site, is see zero links anywhere on the first page, please dont contribute to the non-verify mentality that so many people have fallen into, verify everything. else people can just make this # up,

unfortunately i found sources so this doesnt seem to be made up.

source
edit on 6/11/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Last time I messed with a ouija board, my mother in law ended up moving in with us.

Never again. I've definitely got a haunting going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
yea democracy! morons like these get a say in whose in charge WHOOP WHOOP.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well, if I ever see anyone messing with one, I'd like to find a way to tell them their money is possessed, and they need to give it to me, because I'd know what to do with it....

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
They were banned in the UK when I was a kid. Why I wonder!
Although, I don't believe in life after death. Maybe is something else.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Rather lame comparison too if you ask me. Guns and Ouija boards are not even remotely similar. Why would you even compare them as if they were.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Silly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
While a healthy dose of scepticism is always welcome, I find it strange how some sceptics have such a strong desire to assert their disbelief in something so rigorously.

edit on 12/6/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

just in the interest of balance - what is your opinion on :

the people thjat accept all claims of its [ ouija ] nefarious nature on faith - believing any and all un-evidenced annecdote and ascribing all manner of egregious traits to it ?????????

my skepticism runs deep - but as i have noted in previous threads // posts - the fact that a simple subistution cipher prevents a ouji board from forming any coherent message is significant .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
oh - and as several posts reference thier " banning " - real or imagined :

citation required

i am esp interested in the claim they were " banned in the UK "

i realise that many INDIVIDUAL retail outlets // chains have taken a descision to not stock them at various times - but that is simple business choice

i want citations for a formal ban - backed up by statute , byelaw or local ordinance

thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

People seem to agree with me.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

A healthy dose of skepticism is never welcomed here.
In this case though to explain the stance, this is a product produced by Hasbro, the company who brought us Mr. Potato Head, G.I. Joe, and NURF.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Yeah? Who?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: watchitburn
The stupid is causing me physical pain.

Ouiji boards are toys. That's all they are. I used to have one when I was a kid.

It's just plastic and cardboard.

I know there's more than a few here that put stock in this type of stuff, and if it works for you fine. But it seems pretty ridiculous to me.

In my opinion lucky rabbits feet are more legit than Ouiji boards.

Yes, and guns are just bits of metal, screws, springs and 'stuff'.
Excellent thesis.

Fail to see the connection you are trying to make,,,,,, just sayin

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

because everything is aether and because everything is connected, everything is influenced directly by intention.

and that all depends on perspective. stupidity? stupidity is what i think of when I hear naysayers denouncing the truth in favor of their own personal opinion--even despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It seems stupid to get involved in a thread about something you disbelieve when all you share is your disbelief.

How does that enrich this experience for you or for anyone?

It doesn't. Therefore, it is stupid.

--you have no proof that it is stupid. whereas I have proof that it isn't. Granted, my proof is only verifiable by the virtue of having other eyewitnesses to things that I also personally witnessed.

Just keep thinking it's 'just a game'. But don't say I didn't warn ya

edit on 12-6-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am esp interested in the claim they were " banned in the UK "

Such claims are incorrect and/or pure invention by the poster here.

Here's a question raised in Parliament by a Northern Ireland MP. The most recent record of discussion about Ouija boards in UK government circles:
Parliament.uk

Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
Ouija Boards

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, if he will bring forward legislative proposals for regulating the sale of ouija boards.

Answered by: Jo Swinson Answered on: 23 March 2015
The Government has no plans to regulate the sale of Ouija boards.

edit on 12.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Link issue

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I love skepticism. What you're saying isn't skepticism. You're just promoting a fallacy of thought. You're being cynical not skeptical.

Who made the 'game' into a marketable product isn't proof of anything. Divination boards have been around for a long time--you should know that already i think, Miss Witch. So then, so what if they took an occult product and transformed it into a 'fun game' for children? An apple is still an apple both when you pick it off the tree or buy it for yourself at the store. Doesn't change anything.

Here, give this a read--tis pretty interesting: Tool of the devil, harmless family game—or fascinating glimpse into the non-conscious mind?

And to answer that question--it is both a means to communicate with demonic entities and also a glimpse into the unconscious. But it is absolutely not just harmless fun. Ignorance doesn't make you immune to the effects of such things. Do you know how many families have suffered because of crap conjured up by this 'game'? More than you'd probably guess, I think.

Spirituality used to be the norm. It's really funny how people can deny something just because they might not be able to 'see' it--because spirituality affects us all regardless of if you want to believe in God or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

bugger - my thunder has been stolen

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

LOL the Charlie stuff is too silly.

Ancient Mexican demon my butt.

At least name him Carlos or something.

People who play with fire never expect to get burnt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join