It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - You need to take a stand, this is not civilised...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This thread

shown here

And this too (forgive the advert for a sugar fix)

Ooh, let's not forget this one...

And whilst we're at it this too.

See what I'm getting at?

What are YOU doing to take this machismo out of YOUR police force? Is there anything you can do?

Give a small stupid man a gun and this happens.

I understand there have been protests in McKinney... You guys need to be doing this all over the country before your son or daughter gets handled like this.

Sounds like I'm pointing the blame at the wrong people? Do something about it then.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I think the ATS members would be the first to do something but the average USAer? to busy watching Kardashians or Pop Idol.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I feel the opinions above, although worthy of consideration, may kick start some anti American posts.

That's not what this is about.

It's about asking the individual what they can be doing.

Thanks for the input.
edit on 9-6-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Notice how the kid with the phone didn't get man handled?

Notice how the other kids in the video were told by the same cop "you can record me but you need to step back".

People doing illegal things are going to be arrested. That's just how things are. The more you do illegal things the worse your treatment gets. An officer has more than just "you" to deal with at a scene. When you sneak up on a cop and try to take his gun - you should expect to have that gun drawn. Anyone that disputes that is a liar or an idiot.

The Brown case and the guy with a knife are attacks on cops. Force is met with greater force. Tough luck charlie. Don't attack a man with a badge and your chances of living longer are greatly improved.

The last case is simply murder and the cop involved was charged with murder. What should be done there? Charge him with ":super murder"?

The over hyped cases the media loves to show have something in common other than "just" the police. It is people trying to go "toe to toe" with a cop when it's simply not a level playing field. The cop is on duty and a civilian is not.

I know I sound like I am a "cop lover" and, man, would that make my friends laugh. I've been arrested many times, beaten by the cops many times, left bloody by the cops many times. I have no love for the Police In General. I also recognize that attacking one has only one outcome. I also know that when something is your fault you "take you lumps", you don't instigate then when things go south scream for your momma.

We as Americans (and the bystanders) are witnessing the breakdown of society. Not the police force that patrols it but the population itself. The police are losing, not because they are out of control, but because you simply cannot enforce the law upon the lawless.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Drop this here.

*Runs away* hehehehheee.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

*Runs away* .

Like a UK cop faced with a criminal?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Very valid points but why must your nation excuse the use of guns and overuse of the trigger on the guns?

In the UK the police are often attacked by knife wielding psychopaths and they are able to cope with the situation. I'm not saying the BritCops are better, just an example of how they work.

Society is failing but these guys should be helping to keep it together, not falling with it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

*Runs away* .

American cops faced with criminal

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I agree with And1 our cops are perfectly capable of handling the average crim. If they use a gun we get our rapid response firearms unit dispatched.
If you can't see something is wrong with some US police forces there is no hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

*Runs away* .

American cops faced with criminal

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

*Runs away* .

I can do this all night bro!

edit on 9-6-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

When a British vet had his head cut off in broad daylight what did the responding "officers" do?

They called cops with guns.

England has civilians with badges that walk around and talk to people. Hall monitors I would call them. It works as long as nothing bad is happening. When something bad happens, they call actual cops with guns.

America has too many people to have a "hall monitor" system. Many places have a neighborhood watch which is basically what you are advocating for.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Erm... Weren't the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore exactly what you are asking for?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I'm happy that the chances of me getting shot in the UK are more or less zero.
Again If you can't see a problem with police looking like they have just come from a game of COD......

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

When a British vet had his head cut off in broad daylight what did the responding "officers" do?

They called cops with guns.

England has civilians with badges that walk around and talk to people. Hall monitors I would call them. It works as long as nothing bad is happening. When something bad happens, they call actual cops with guns.

America has too many people to have a "hall monitor" system. Many places have a neighborhood watch which is basically what you are advocating for.

nice try, but in this clip four officers are subduing one teen then one officer stands up and executes the young offender in the back. lets watch closely.

edit on 9-6-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

320 million people.

Post 100 cases of asinine cops (half of which are fired for their actions).

Proves what that less than .001% of cops are in the wrong and America has an "evil cop" problem.

You people are smarter than that.

It's a ploy to nationalize the police.

Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

a reply to: PLAYERONE01

320 million people.

Post 100 cases of asinine cops (half of which are fired for their actions).

Proves what that less than .001% of cops are in the wrong and America has an "evil cop" problem.

You people are smarter than that.

It's a ploy to nationalize the police.

Nothing more and nothing less.

like i said i have all night, i can keep going if you like?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They happened for a few days and nothing got done. Riots and protests aren't changing anything... What else can be done?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That did indeed happen.

And it has gone down in British history as an extreme event, one that shook the country.

Shook it so much that people are asking if it was a false flag.

But as I said... This thread is not a UK vs America thread. It's a call to stop people being killed rather than rehabilitated and repaired.

I have not advocated any particular police style and if you had any knowledge you would know that UK cops spend most of their time in cars on the roadside looking for speeding cars.

If you're angered by the thread I understand, but I must reiterate, I don't want to put you or your country down. I want to highlight a situation which we surely mutually agree is horrendous?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join