It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

of an improbable UFO interaction during a bivy night alone in the mountain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So Hi guys,

Can't really sleep so I thought I would just share a little experience i had a couple of weeks ago during a bivouac in the Massif de la Chartreuse mountains close to Lyon, France.
It does imply a UFO even if I want to stress that this was probably a dream / halucination during a state of sleep paralysis. Nevertheless I want to talk about it because 1. I think a lot of abduction stories are related to sleep paralysis experiences and 2. whatever I say or think, I keep having this memory coming back again and again.

Sssssssso I like the outdoors. Nature is my church. I have been starting to go on walks alone in the mountains (around 2000 meter altitude) for 2 to 3 days periods. I travel light, used to sleep under a tarp but have a very light one person tent now because I like a minimum confort.
Last time I had been walking up this mountain for several hours and arrived on a plateau around 1900 meter. I was planning to walk a lot more but having left my mountain shoes in the city and being so stuborn I found myself evloving in the partially still snowy undergrowth with running shoes. Yep. Stubborn.

I decided it was a bit stupid and resolved to settle camp very early, not far from the open part of the plateau, close to a few firs. Lots of traces of animals but not really in the way I thought it would be a decent, wind sheltered spot.

It was only 5:30 pm but the ascension really had beaten me, I alsa had a pretty bad sleep the previous night so went straight to cooking and eating my dehydrated rations. I was a bit bummed about not being able to reach destination and had nothing really to do as weather was starting to be a bit chill and grey. I fell asleep very fast around 6:15 pm, knowing I would probably wake up in the middle of the night.

Being so tired I had a really violent "fall" into sleep. Having thoes jolts and jerks thing and being semi conscious not really being able to wake up.
I did wake up around 10 pm because of the cold. I really was ill equiped facing 1°c temperatures in a 10° sleeping bag (with extra down jacket but really not nice cold waves all night).

Night is dark out there. Black in the woods. Utter. And the silence is deathening.

At one point I was starting to fall rapidly into deep sleep again when something made me "open" my eyes. I could barely half open them because of the drowsyness but saw a blue light slowly fly next to my tent. I could see it pass through the canvas. slowly. I was so dizzy but not scared. I was just thinking "oh there's a blue orb passing by". But suddenly I felt like I was quickly pulled from the ground. I was floating and could feel gravity still pulling on me.

Then nothing. Except that when I gained counsciousness my face was facing down on the floor and I woke up saying "what the #". Because you see, sleeping in a tent in extreme conditions is tricky. You have many layers of clothes, then your sleeping bag and not a lot of space to move. I am used to sleep on my back when camping and stay this way because changing position is a hassle. You have to move like a worm just to be on your side. Also, I had put my hands in my jacket pockets because of the cold. they were now stuck in there under my belly. I had to move a lot to free them from there and be able to move at all my upper part.

What I am saying is that if I had turned over consciously I would have known it and it would have taken me al ot of effort and some energy. And how come my hands were still in my pockets. A whole fuss to take them out of there and I'm not gonna turn on my stomach with them in there.
So Yeah I was really surprised to wake up like that and I didn't like the feeling of "how the # did that happen".

So in conclusion I did see a floating blue light and felt I was pulled from ground and woke up in a weird way. Honestly, it probably all is just due to great fatigue but I do keep thinking about it and seeing this little blue light.

Who knows. All I know is that I know nothing

edit on 5-6-2015 by Logiciel because: edited "abduction" to "UFO interaction" in title

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well blue lights and people found with
clothes put on improperly are relatively
common traits for abduction/experiencers.
maybe you had the sleeping bag version?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

I won't judge what happen to you, but it was very interesting whether a restless, coma-like dream or your rational possibility.

What I can offer is that many abductees have a whole new philosophy that slowly or sometimes with startling awareness appears in their mind. The results are always very positive, in short, love for the Universe tempered by a general understanding of things that you really had no way of knowing.

At any rate, you have been enlightened one way or another. Good luck with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Oh, I'm reading this in the dark! Scary what happened to you!

Something may very well have "visited" you. You stated you were in a rural mountain area. Who knows what hangs out there?

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Hopefully this experience doesn't deter you from hiking in the mountains again.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe they gave you an anal probe or installed something in your anus. You better get checked..

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
just so you guys can project a bit here is where this happened. Plateau de l'Aulp du Seuil.
Please note that I do not own the picture. Found it on google.
I believe it is a very "energy charged" spot. In winter it turns into a micro-glacier, accumulating snow in the basin. When spring comes, snow melts. Over the centuries, melted snow carved the mountain and the whole place is like a giant piece of swiss cheese. Holes everywhere going very deep (found a dead cow in one of them).
THat's why I didn't want to walk at night there.
I will go back on a trek in the next couple of weeks in the Jura mountains for 2 nights. It's gonna be a tough one but I can't wait. Plus I got a new tent to try.
I'll take some pics next time to show you guys.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It sounds like an interesting experience that might be explained as something extraordinary or something sleep-related.

Your description of fatigue sounds like ideal circumstances for both sleep paralysis and hypnagogia/hypnopompia. These last two terms describe being on the threshold of sleep and wakefulness whilst the brain causes us to hallucinate. They tend to arise when the individual has been under physical and mental stress (lack of sleep, overtired etc). When they occur, the percipient experiences them as though they are wide awake and whatever they see seems quite realistic.

If I can give you a personal example? A few years ago, I woke up at around 5am in the summer so it was daylight. I lay awhile in bed with head resting on backboard. I watched a spherical, pulsing object slowly rotate and move out of the ceiling towards me. It seemed intelligent and neither mechanical or biological. It fully surfaced from the ceiling as it approached and then came down the wall behind my head. This took almost a minute and I had this deep sense of wonder with no fear. As it came within inches of my face, it submerged into the wall or into my head behind me.

It makes me smile just thinking about it. The memory is as clear as going to work yesterday and yet it was just a classic hypnopomic state.

On the other hand, every nation I know of have folkloric accounts of colourful orbs appearing near sleeping people and/or flitting through the air in remote areas like woods, moors and mountains. I'm guessing you're more inclined to the 'abduction phenomenon' because you've posted it in the aliens and UFOs section?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

yes maybe posting it here was not the ultimate best spot. Maybe I should have posted it in like paranormal or something...
I have to confess I am interested in UFO phenomenon. And if I am always on the lookout I am not delusional yet

I totally agree with your comment about hypnopomic state. And to add my grain of salt, I found it very strange/interesting that each time I found myself in this state (10 times maybe), the overall concept was always the same: I am just there feeling trapped or at least knowing I will not be the master of myself and people/things/entities are evolving around me. Just like if I was stuck in between realities. I have red things about simiar experiences. There's nearly always a sense of presence around. It makes me wonder if there is a sort of reality glitch where the "user" is stuck between the physical and the non-physical...
That makes me a mystical person I guess. But touches the question of "what are we ?".
Maybe it's a glitch and some energies use it to play with the flesh and bones part of us people. hehehe

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Well we both see it the same way

Although I lean towards conventional explanations, there will always be a part of me that entertains doubts. The 'presence' and the intense emotional responses makes you wonder if 'something else' isn't going on. Maybe you're right and maybe, at those times, we interact with two planes of existence?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Very interesting. Many abductees report sleep paralysis and that is where their memory ends until they awake.

Have there been reports of UFO activity in the area over the years?

Did you check yourself for any unexplained scars, bumps, burns?

Have you or anyone else in your family ever experienced abductions? Some abductions seem to be family/genetic related whereas others seem to be spatially related as this case may be.

If you are interested in knowing what really happened to you I suggest you find a well-respected hypnotherapist with whom you can do regression hypnosis. No guarantees but it has worked for some, but only if you are prepared for all possibilities.

As Kandinsky mentioned, it could have been just some sleep/fatigue/high altitude related phenomenon, but I certainly wouldn't rule out an abduction.

edit on 6-6-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logiciel
just so you guys can project a bit here is where this happened. Plateau de l'Aulp du Seuil.
Please note that I do not own the picture. Found it on google.
I believe it is a very "energy charged" spot. In winter it turns into a micro-glacier, accumulating snow in the basin. When spring comes, snow melts. Over the centuries, melted snow carved the mountain and the whole place is like a giant piece of swiss cheese. Holes everywhere going very deep (found a dead cow in one of them).
THat's why I didn't want to walk at night there.
I will go back on a trek in the next couple of weeks in the Jura mountains for 2 nights. It's gonna be a tough one but I can't wait. Plus I got a new tent to try.
I'll take some pics next time to show you guys.

Thanks for sharing. Camping in certain locations can certainly yield profound experiences. Going to sleep in such places can be even more interesting.

If you have a voice recorder, consider keeping a record of your dreams. This is best done upon awakening before opening your eyes, because often much is forgotten quickly. It's like working a muscle, and gets easier with time.

Doing this might help you to better understand what the orbs are.

Much luck on your pathway of discovery and I look forward to your next update.

edit on 6/6/2015 by htapath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience, love the outdoors, love being in nature.

Lots of weird things happened to me and others in the half sleep state. It's a very strange state, different brain wavea too.

Only answer to your experiences is honestly hypnosis, a transgression of that night. And now you have written it down in detail, you can come back to this memory with ease.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The thing is, how much can a person 'move' and not be aware that they are moving while in a hypnopompic state?

I mean, in comparing the OP's experience to the one of the guy in your link, it seems like if the experiences were equivalent, the OP would have been aware of feeling a 'need' to turn over in his sleeping bag (as the 'link' guy jumped up because he heard the phone ringing)...

....and then the OP would have been aware of 'struggling' to 'do' the turning over in a sleeping bag, wearing a heavy jacket, and without the use of his arms as his hands were in his pockets -

- think of the adrenalin which would have been coursing thru his body. He wouldn't have just woke up thinking, "How the # did that happen", he'd have been breathing hard and sweating...

And of course, the very term "Sleep Paralysis" pretty much rules that condition out as a factor in this case..

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Hiya LG,

With hypnagogic/hypnopompic states, the body can still move. They fall within the same constellation of things like SP and exploding head syndrome - sleep disorders. SP and these hallucinatory states can even blend together.

The personal incident I described had me moving my head to watch the object approach me and, when it was over, I lay there thinking about it and then got up.

If you re-read my post, I didn't discount alternative explanations and just favoured the hypnopompic one.

Some years ago, I spent a night at my parents' house and had an episode of SP that woke me up bathed in sweat. I remember lying there and looking towards the curtains to see if it was dawn yet. It was pitch dark when, suddenly, something drummed on my feet and lower legs through the duvet. Saying 'terrified' would be an understatement. It took a few minutes for my heart to stop racing and to summon the courage to switch the light on - nothing there and door still closed.

It's an example of sleep paralysis (SP) and an hypnopompic experience combined. Intriguingly, a few weeks later my dad slept in the same room and had the exact same experience at the same time of day. Rationally, the probability is that my dad also experienced an hypnopompic state and that we both share the same genetic predisposition towards such occasional experiences. On the other hand, you'll appreciate why I don't discount alternative explanations to conventional sleep disorders.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh yes, I know you keep a very open mind...I wasn't questioning you -

- I just thought the intense amount of movement the OP would have had to be doing during a 'sleep disorder' experience should be pointed out.

Freaky story about you and your dad - did you tell him you two had the same experience?

Would be interesting to know what he thinks about that...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Like a pair of babies, neither me or my dad have slept in there since. We did speak about it, but in the way two blokes speak about anything...a few comments followed by silence. What can you say? It's just one of *those* experiences : )

I just thought the intense amount of movement the OP would have had to be doing during a 'sleep disorder' experience should be pointed out.

You were right to! There's a blogger, Mike Clelland, who's been writing about abduction phenomena for years. He had an unusual camping experience a few years ago and I *think* it's the most visited article he's written. As I was reading Logiciel's OP the story reminded me of it and people in the thread might enjoy it. Here's a snippet with much more at the site...

After pizza we went back to the camp site and climbed in our small tent. It seems like we quickly went to sleep. This is where things get strange.

I was suddenly jolted awake because Natascha had screamed. It was just a short shriek of fear. My instantaneous response was to bolt upright and scream with an intensity that would be hard to describe. I was screaming in fear, sure enough, but it was also a primal outburst of defense.

I've slept in the mountains for decades, and I've dealt with some scary stuff in the dark. Bears in camp, moose tangled up in my tarp strings, rats crawling across my face - but I have NEVER been frightened in a way that would come close to those moments in that tent.
Irrational fear inside our tent

Back in the 60s, Vallee came up with a law regarding encounters after his database indicated 70% of cases occurred in remote areas. Population density seemed to be a factor when it came to close encounters. Even in the mid-60s, he was way out there in his thinking. As ever, nothing in this field ever seems to have the certainty to create laws and astronomer/ufologist Pierre Guerin later wrote this:

Ironically, it's known as 'Guerin's Law.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

What kind of protection against predators do you carry.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Nowornevertill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just to be safe you might consider using a motion detector with an alarm for your campsite. Some also have lights that turn on when motion is detected. If its raining put a ziploc over it which will cut down the distance it functions but it will still work.

Also get some of those plastic zip ties and when you're in the tent for the night lock your tent zipper with one.

I'm concerned about the blue orb that you saw through your tent. It could've been a LED flashlight beam or maybe not, either way a portable motion detector is light and easy to use, not expensive either.

Take care,

STM

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hi guys thanks for taking interest in my post

@nowornevertill, I have a pepper spray 2-4 meter effective 50 ml., mostly for stray dogs in rural areas. we don't have bears or wolves here at least not in this region.
obviously a knife, my little CS2 from 5.11, and when I go for longer periods or plan to build a basecamp I take my ESEE-5
Kind of a noob purchase I bought when I started. It's super heavy so not really relevant with my ultra light approach now but does a good job on camp chores.

@ seentoomuch, one of the reasons of going out there and sleep alone in the forest is also to tame fear. Fear can make your judgement cloudy. The more you give space the more it will come. I try to have a "positive thinking" approach and hope it impacts my experiences.
Regarding plastic zip ties, I'm not going there. I see it more as a potential hazard. I need to be able to get out of the tent fast in case of emergency. Also if someone wants no good to me, it is very easy to tear through my ultralight tent or even just lift it up...
And I don't think it was a flashlight. too blue and "floating" in the air plus zero noise. It was a deadly silent night would have heard something I think

The motion detector is itneresting and i was actually thinking about it. Gonna see if it s affordable and light and give it a thought

edit on 7-6-2015 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

P.S. : I must admit that sometimes I really have to focus not to think about little things like the Dyatlov Pass incidentand people slashing their tents from the inside

edit on 7-6-2015 by Logiciel because: PS

edit on 7-6-2015 by Logiciel because: wrong Wiki link

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that story and website!

I had come across the site some time ago but never bookmarked, so I forgot all about it...

Jacque Vallee is my favorite ufologist -
- I like to think of myself as his number 1 fan girl, even though I'm in my fifties and he probably couldn't care less about having a "fan girl"

Guerin's Law is amusingly ironic - it makes you wonder though, if maybe 'whatever' is responsible for 'UFO" phenomena, knows when we've reached a 'conclusion' about something and then deliberately changes 'the game'?

edit on 7-6-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join