It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Tubes Floating Above Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I have to thank I #ing Love Science for briefing me on these stories, as well as Above Top Secret. I am glad to see this thread in the top threads for today. Amazing discovery. I am impressed with the 3D imaging. I reckon Australia is a good place to do such sky watching. I had not heard of things like the Murchison Widefield Array telescopes before. Sometimes stories like this even make the mainstream news. A few seconds blurb at the end...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

What exactly is a "plasma wormhole"?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This thread is sounding a bit crazy. MSM sensationalist headlines aren't helping people comprehend reality.

The research confirms that which is well known in science:

Fact 1. Already known: There is a Plasmasphere

Fact 2. Already known: the electrons in the Plasmasphere arrange themselves in bubble like tube formations in accordance with magnetic field lines

Fact 3. This research took photographs of the Plasmasphere and CONFIRMED Fact 1 and Fact 2.

NASA Plasmasphere

The Earth's plasmasphere is an inner part of the magneteosphere. It is located just outside the upper ionosphere located in Earth's atmosphere. It is a region of dense, cold plasma that surrounds the Earth. Although plasma is found throughout the magnetosphere, the plasmasphere usually contains the coldest plasma. Here's how it works:

The upper reaches of our planet's atmosphere are exposed to ultraviolet light from the Sun, and they are ionized with electrons that are freed from neutral atmospheric particles. The results are electrically charged negative and positive particles. The negative particles are electrons, and the positive particles are now called ions (formerly atoms and molecules). If the density of these particles is low enough, this electrically charged gas behaves differently than it would if it were neutral. Now this gas is called plasma. The atmospheric gas density becomes low enough to support the conditions for a plasma around earth at about 90 kilometers above Earth's surface.

Because of space weather storms (kind of a generic phrase for those other processes) this cold and dense plasmaspheric plasma can actually end up all over the place. Generally, that region of space where plasma from the ionosphere has the time to build up to become identified as the plasmasphere rotates or nearly rotates with the Earth. That region shrinks in size with increased space weather activity and expands or refills during times of inactivity. As it shrinks with increasing activity, some of the plasmasphere is drawn away from its main body (plasmaspheric erosion) in the sunward direction toward the boundary in space between that region dominated by Earth's magnetic field and the much larger region dominated by the Sun's magnetic field. The region dominated by Earth's magnetic field is called the magnetosphere. The larger Sun dominated region is called the heliosphere.

edit on 2-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Wolfenz

The Plasma tubes are known about and were theorised more than 60 years ago, there is plenty of research on them, the new research just photographed them to confirm their structure. Visual confirmation.

I posted some research and some science ab out it on this page of this thread.

OK Thank for Letting Me Know ...

Theroised more into fact in Confirming...

K Got it ...
edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago6152 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Good on her! Turning an array into 3-D is very fitting for a young mind.

Plasma tubes eh? Wonder what they be good for?

It's known that there are local variations in the Earth's magnetic field at a local level. And we known that on the global scale, Earth's magnetic field is the class double-pole shape.

en.wikipedia.org...:Magnetic_Field_Earth.png

These plasma tubes show that the local magnetic loops on the surface eventually join up and merge until there is just two poles.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I exhausted myself doing research on the Sun and how it as well as our planet are connected. The changes we see could very well be with our place in the Solar System. It's like we are moving back to where we began. .. to the beginning. Solar weather is as important as local. We will all realize that sooner than later. It will be the norm.

Oh ETA: see my signature
hope ya enjoy the read
edit on 2-6-2015 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Maybe like a big television screen projecting things to earth that don't exist.. ?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Maybe like a big television screen projecting things to earth that don't exist.. ?

What? No...Just no. First of all, just because the word 'plasma' is involved doesn't make this phenomenon "like a big television screen". At all. Secondly, plasma television screens don't 'project' anything. Thirdly, did you even read the linked article?

Edit: 1,000th post! Woohoo!
edit on 6/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes but reading it it was more the data that puzzled them

“When they first saw the data, many of her senior collaborators thought the results were literally ‘too good to be true’ and that the observation process had somehow corrupted the findings, but over the next few months, Cleo managed to convince them that they were both real and scientifically interesting.”

Just because they thought the imaging process was not correct doesn't mean they didn't think the tubes were there.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
I was merely joking nothing more. And I did put a question mark at the end... and my question doesn't come somewhere out of the blue.

Because NASA did something with plasma spheres in displays.

Under the direction of its president, Carol Ann Wedding, IST specializes in microspheres for flat-panel displays and related devices—with a strong focus and capability in plasma display design, development, and analysis. The staff at IST can trace its roots back to the development of the very first plasma displays created; and microspheres are the key component for IST’s novel plasma displays, since they can be made into a variety of contours and shapes without distorting the image.

Imaging Systems Technology, Inc., is leading the way in the areas of plasma design, development, and testing.

IST markets the microspheres as Plasma-spheres, tiny hollow spheres encapsulating an ionizable gas that glows when charged. The spheres, which can be applied to both flexible and rigid panels, form the basis of an addressable pixel element—a Plasma-sphere display. The display offers the same bright, full color as a conventional plasma display, but it is very rugged and can be a low-cost solution for large-area flexible displays.

And I also read about something about those tubes were interacting with the magnetosphere/Plasma-sphere so that's where my question came from ..

but probably. Totally different things I guess. .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The same electric universe that was recently destroyed by actual observations made on an actual comet? I think not.

Awesome story, I hope they win some awards.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep. The electric universe ideas were interesting when first proposed, but anyone that still clings to them does so out of sheer ignorance.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think its a matter of time until Big Bang theory will collapse.Of course Electric Universe doesnt provide all the answers but it could be the right direction to go for start.The only problem is the mainstream science arrogance and the fact that they will take "No" for an answer no matter what u throw at them.They are too arrogant claiming to know how Universe works when in fact they dont even know how Earth works.For them gravity is the most important force in universe and electromagnetism its almost entirely ignored.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Donttrustnasa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

That's why she had to convince her peers that there was something to the idea or what?
But sure, you knew all along...

On topic: the more I think about it the more in awe I am with that discovery, just imagine: plasma is mostly energy, if we could tap that it would be the slingshot we could need to get the almost infinite energy needed to crack the speed of light, for long distance interstellar travelling.
Or it really is what Tesla was playing with without knowing what it is?
I am a big Cleo Loi fan now!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
if we could tap that it would be the slingshot we could need to get the almost infinite energy needed to crack the speed of light, for long distance interstellar travelling.

I suppose, if we were to superheat it to tens of millions of degrees and use it as a sort of fusion reactor. Considering it's in our atmosphere, though, that's probably not a good idea (scientific impossibilites aside).

Also, plasma is nothing special. Up to 99% of the universe is theorized to be in a plasma state.

originally posted by: Donttrustnasa
Of course Electric Universe doesnt provide all the answers but it could be the right direction to go for start.

Pursuing an idea that has already been proven not to be true would be a pretty stupid way to go.
edit on 6/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Still if it is connected to our magnetosphere, which it is for sure, we maybe shouldn't heat it, but it could be the answer to cold fusion? And I am leaning far out of the window saying this.
So just ignore, because I should probably shut up and learn more before my sci-fi fantasies run wild....

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Good idea. This is as good a place as any to start.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Cool, thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonttrustnasaOf course Electric Universe doesnt provide all the answers but it could be the right direction to go for start.

It does not provide any answers and is the wrong direction as it's been refuted by actual observation.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

She wasn't ''convincing her peers'' of their existence, just confirming the tube shape.

I know about it because the research is there, as do others that have studied that area of research.

If people were actually interested in the science then they would read more than some MSM sensationalist blurb before commenting.

So, no need for sarcastic comments from you.

Do you prefer people being blinkered from reality by MSM rather than me saying?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join