It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Tubes Floating Above Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I wonder if Tesla knew about these tubes and was part of the infrastructure for his electrical distribution system.

Just postulating....

Ha ha. So funny.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Good on her! Turning an array into 3-D is very fitting for a young mind.

Plasma tubes eh? Wonder what they be good for?

Power perhaps if it can be harnessed, here's generated plasma reacting to a magnet..it spins,

P.S. hurray the preview is back!

Very interesting video.....oddly, it reminds me of all the "spaceship" videos of discs in space filmed by crews that get pushed off as ice crystals. I wonder if those "discs" are some for of plasma interacting with these plasma arcs that she found?

Mmm, I'm just thinking that my last part of the sentence appears to mean that in the video the magnet spins, while I meant it's the plasma, or rather ions or electrons that are forced to spin, (the Lorenzo effect..I think) the magnet is the suspended rod, but I see you got that anyway.
The audio pick-up sound of the effect is interesting too as well as the camera sound in general.
But this girl has done what was already suspected, but in a novel way for us plebs at least.
But in some ways it has caused me con'fusion'. The LHC on the face of it, is a dirty great Tokamak trying to prove the existence of theoretical particles. So while the LHC pisses about with particles, pretty much of the rest of the world is signed up to a thirty year cycle of an experimental highly efficient, clean energy ITER plant in France, also massive and also very complex, ten years to build, (started in 2007) and a twenty year experimental cycle, from a similar stall. So, WTF is going on?
The list of countries,
China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Russia and the United States. The Members of the ITER Organization will bear the cost of the project through its 10-year construction phase and its 20-year operational phase before *decommissioning.

*?

edit on 2-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: swanne

Well, when one considers that our atmosphere can sometimes appear to behave like a series of interconnected cells, rather than a single spherical envelope, and then looks at these plasma tubes, one has to wonder what relationship these two things have.

Have a look at this page, and tell me what springs to mind.

www.ux1.eiu.edu...

We may be also able to finally explain HAARP frequency data, Telluric current (the real one, not the woo-woo) oscillation, which while being measured, do not yet have a clear and mathematically rigorous explanation.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Consider that scientists work with plasma by containing it within a 'magnetic bottle,' the Earth's magnetic field is strong enough apparently that it can have this effect on ionized gas caught within it. As I understand how it came to be discovered, it was Loi that sent around the visualizations of ionosphere corrections which displayed these regular structures that nobody expected. Most of here colleagues thought it was due to the instrumentation, it was due to her diligence in investigating the artifacts that led to confirmation of plasma tubes.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
have anyone considered that these 'plasma tubes' were known to the ancients ?

picture in your mind, the Mythical Gaia (Earth Goddess) with that 'roaring '20's curls' which drooped down to her shoulders

or else a Mythical Medusa (the evil counterpart) that had a head full of 'snakes' which turned men into stone if looked at

the old adage is '''nothing new under the Sun'''

Perhaps you are suggesting Ley lines?

In that case, I don't think the moving plasma tubes represent fixed 'energy' pathways.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donttrustnasa
I wonder if this discovery will be one more step towards Electric Universe.But i think mainstream science will remain in their Einstein bubble and invent something to be in favor of Big Bang bul# theory,like they did with dark matter dark energy.

No, it won't.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: anti72
errrr, why dont they photograph it?? when it can be observed through the glasses then it can be photographed, too.....

It cannot be seen directly.

It is an invisible electrical phenomenon that slightly perturbs the refractivity of our (also mostly invisible) atmosphere.

The best images of it will always be CGI.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I always enjoy these sorts of stories - not just for the "wow" factor, but also for when some from the scientific community (old school establishment) get pwned by other scientists due to new discoveries which, in my opinion, suggest science too is a fluid & ever-evolving series of "impossible - until it is not" scenarios.

Oh, and Aussie Aussie Aussie............

Maybe you should read the link then

For over 60 years, scientists believed these structures existed, but by imaging them for the first time, we’ve provided visual evidence that they are really there,

Not quite what you claim.

I did read the link - you obviously missed what the first paragraph says.........

It’s a finding that was initially met with a considerable degree of scepticism within the field of astrophysics, but a University of Sydney undergraduate student Cleo Loi, 23, has proven that the phenomenon exists.

and later on in the article from the same link (that I apparently didn't read) says........

A lot of the people were pretty convinced it was some problem with the imaging, that it was nothing to get excited about.

So, "those sceptics within the field of astrophysics" got pwned.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Power perhaps if it can be harnessed, here's generated plasma reacting to a magnet..it spins,

P.S. hurray the preview is back!

Very interesting video.....oddly, it reminds me of all the "spaceship" videos of discs in space filmed by crews that get pushed off as ice crystals. I wonder if those "discs" are some for of plasma interacting with these plasma arcs that she found?

Mmm, I'm just thinking that my last part of the sentence appears to mean that in the video the magnet spins, while I meant it's the plasma, or rather ions or electrons that are forced to spin, (the Lorenzo effect..I think) the magnet is the suspended rod, but I see you got that anyway.
The audio pick-up sound of the effect is interesting too as well as the camera sound in general.
But this girl has done what was already suspected, but in a novel way for us plebs at least.
But in some ways it has caused me con'fusion'. The LHC on the face of it, is a dirty great Tokamak trying to prove the existence of theoretical particles. So while the LHC pisses about with particles, pretty much of the rest of the world is signed up to a thirty year cycle of an experimental highly efficient, clean energy ITER plant in France, also massive and also very complex, ten years to build, (started in 2007) and a twenty year experimental cycle, from a similar stall. So, WTF is going on?

A Tokomak is a containment environment for a high energy plasma.

The LHC is a number of accelerators and sensors that collide particles and look at the remnants.

Both are significantly different than each other.

The goal of ITER is to produce a sustainable fusion reaction in a captive plasma with more energy output than input (potentially for energy generation purposes), not to probe the nature of reality as does the LHC.

Your assumption that they are the same is likely the source of your confusion.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

They are already building a massive fusion power ITER test plant, (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor) in France, and it's a multi country effort as you can see in the name. Things are getting interesting in the long term. the plant should be ready by 2017.

www.iter.org...

I Think you... just put 2 n 2 together

The Planet Has A Magnetic Electrical Field from the North pole to the South Pole Right ?

and Plasma Is Consistent at the Pole's Right ?

and We are On A Verge Of A Reverse Pole Shift Which Happens every 200,000 to 300,000 Years Right ?

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field
science.nasa.gov...

NASA's Van Allen Probes Discover Particle Accelerator in the Heart of Earth’s Radiation Belts
science.nasa.gov...

and we have been seeing Strange Happenings within the Last Decade

Well Stuff, that has not Really been Previously Recorded or I Should Say a Awaking too, BY Man of theses Events in So Little SoClose in Time ,,

That is..

The Big Question is

Could this be the Answer of all the Strange Sound in the Sky in the Last 5 years All over the World in Various Spots??

These Plasma Tube's Making these Sound ..

Hence Like the Video you have Posted Here when a Magnet is Reacting to Plasma ...

Hell,, look what else we just found recently like, Natural Particle Accelerators, above the Earth

Invisible Portals to and from the Sun & Earth.. < - Did anyone forgot this ?

A Refresh

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun
science.nasa.gov...

Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field
images.dangerousminds.net...

NASA's Van Allen Probes Discover Particle Accelerator in the Heart of Earth’s Radiation Belts
www.nasa.gov...
and Now this >>

and let us not forget that the Universe is a Hologram ( IN Theory ) to Some Scientist Question that Belief ..

Nor lets not forget the Mass Death of Animals that has Magnetic Navigation Sensors like Migration Birds and Aquatic Animals from Whales to Fish...

Strange to Unsuall Weather within the Last Decade

Especaily where I am From ,, The Cold North Country of New York,
A Place Where you can get a Sunburn and a Forstbite In the Same day
Freaky Weather Up Here that Even the Elders are Saying they Havent Exprieance, in So Little time with in this Decade!

Could this be one of the Few Reasons ..???

and also a Note that The American Military has been playing with Plasma for the Last 4 decades for Military Defense too
let not forget that either ..

Just asking a Question a COULD BE ... Folks

Seeking AN Answer ... for a Question...

Pardon my ignorance,,, thanks

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago6152 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago6152 by Wolfenz because: add more

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have read about these before, it is not new theory, however visual confirmation of 'known' theory. The Plasmasphere affects spacecraft etc and the bubble tubes have been researched for a while because of this aspect.

The research basically photographed them, hence visually confirming their structure.

Interesting none the less.

www.news.com.au...

“For over 60 years, scientists believed these structures existed, but by imaging them for the first time, we’ve provided visual evidence that they are really there,” said Ms Loi, of the Australia Research Council Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO).

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Transient flux tubes in the terrestrial magnetosphere
Authors
D. H. Pontius Jr.,
R. A. Wolf
First published: January 1990 Full publication history
DOI: 10.1029/GL017i001p00049View/save citation
Cited by: 133 articlesRefresh citation countCiting literature
Abstract

We postulate that small, isolated density depletions are introduced into the magnetotail by an uneven plasma loading process in the far tail. Such bubbles would be displaced earthward by an interchange process, and a significant depletion would move faster than either the gradient-curvature drift speed or the average convection speed. The dissolution of a bubble into the background results in a local reduction in plasma density, thereby violating ideal MHD and the subsequent conservation of plasma content. If a sufficient amount of magnetic flux in the far tail is contained in bubbles, then the net effect may be a reduction of plasma pressure in the near tail sufficient to resolve the pressure balance inconsistency.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Detection of localized, plasma-depleted flux tubes or bubbles in the midtail plasma sheet
Authors
V. A. Sergeev,
V. Angelopoulos,
J. T. Gosling,
C. A. Cattell,
C. T. Russell
First published: 1 May 1996Full publication history
DOI: 10.1029/96JA00460View/save citation
Cited by: 155 articlesRefresh citation countCiting literature
Abstract

Recent studies have shown that most Earthward transport hi the midtail, high-beta plasma sheet takes place in the form of short-lived, high-speed plasma flow bursts. Bursty bulk flows are observed both when the plasma sheet is thin, such as during substorm expansion, and when it is thick, such as during substorm recovery. We present multi-instrument observations from the ISEE1 and ISEE 2 spacecraft to argue that when the plasma sheet becomes thick and close to its equilibrium state, the plasma and magnetic field signatures of high-speed flow events are consistent with the theoretically predicted signatures of plasma-depleted flux tubes or “bubbles” [Pontius and Wolf, 1990; Chen and Wolf, 1993]. These signatures consist of a decrease in the plasma pressure and an increase in the Bz-component of the magnetic field accompanying the high speed flow. We show that the Earthward moving bubbles are separated from the plasma ahead of them by a sharp tangential discontinuity. The layer ahead of the bubbles exhibits flow and magnetic field shear consistent with flow around an Earthward moving obstacle. The bubble is in approximate total pressure balance with the surrounding medium. We show that there is a systematic difference in the orientation of the discontinuity measured at ISEE 1 and 2, implying a small (about 1–3 RE) cross-tail size of the bubbles.

edit on 2-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I wonder if Tesla knew about these tubes and was part of the infrastructure for his electrical distribution system.

Just postulating....

I was thinking of the same thing...
Is this what some ancient cultures and meta-physicists call "Aether"?

An impressive finding for sure, this is good news!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Kinda like being in a plasma television! Welcome to the matrix, 101.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Some more details on the science. The Plasmasphere is known about, this research confirms the tubular nature of the electron rich Plasmasphere aligns with the lines of Earth's magnetic field, forming tube like ribbons.

www.theregister.co.uk...

The huge energies in the ionosphere get shifted around in plasma “tubes”, observed for the first time by a Sydney University physics graduate student.

The work by graduate student Cleo Loi shows that the plasmasphere (the soup of electrons stripped away from atoms in the ionosphere) is strongly aligned with Earth's magnetic field.

The Murchison Widefield Array, one of the precursor projects to the international Square Kilometre Array (SKA), was used to capture “binocular” images to show the plasma tubes forming in the upper atmosphere.

The work, supported by the Centre for All-Sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO), sought to confirm by observation 60-year-old theories about the structures.

The “ducts”, cylindrical structures in the plasmasphere aligned with the Earth's magnetic field, are worth observing since plasmasphere activity interferes with satellite communications and navigation systems.

Boffins are also keen to characterise the structures, so they can allow for their activity in astronomical measurements.

To measure the plasma ducts, Loi and the CAASTRO research team took 46 snapshots with the MWA, each covering about 30° of the sky.

Those snapshots let the researchers measure how much a bunch of known radio sources seemed to be “offset” from their proper position – in other words, how much effect the plasma activity interfered with them.

Splitting the MWA's 128 antennas east-west let them measure the altitudes of the ducts – around 600 km high – and other measurements from the array showed a regularity that suggested the ducts' cylindrical shape.

As the paper, published in Geophysical Research Letters and available as an Arxiv pre-print, notes: “The structures are strikingly organised, appearing as regularly-spaced, alternating tubes of overdensities and underdensities strongly aligned with the Earth’s magnetic field”.

The group used the AGEAN source-finding software to locate the radio sources they measured, and compared those to the NRAO VLA Sky Survey catalogue to get the expected location of the sources (and therefore see how much they were disturbed by the plasma ducts).

edit on 2-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

Just postulating....

I was thinking of the same thing...
Is this what some ancient cultures and meta-physicists call "Aether"?

No. Even if you ignore the fact that no ancient culture would have had any means of detecting this phenomenon, it still doesn't fit the concept of an 'æther' whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
From my Previous Post ..

I just wanted to Add

of this Idea of Plasma Tubes ..

as they may of Been always been here ...

but what Im talking about is they have been more Noticeable within the last Decade

because of all the Strange Activity ( of what i Posted ) within the Decade..

Its a Nice Convincing Video Miss Loi has Put up for the World to see...

Surprisingly No Other Scientist have Notice this ... in the Past ...

Although as I said,, Just Maybe it noticeable because of the Recent Strange Activity that been going on in the last Decade that is So close together ...

Perhaps it may be the Reason of the Activity being the Way it is ,,, IS that we are getting Close in Entering the interstelle Electrical Cloud ? IDK a Good Guess ..

Our Voyage Through the Local Interstellar Cloud -- "Different from the Chemical Make-up Our Solar System
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Solar system caught in an interstellar tempest
www.newscientist.com...

Really Discover ?

How a Cloud of Space Dust Could Wipe Out Life on Earth
Seemingly innocuous specks could throw off the whole solar system—and we might not see them until it's too late.
By Jeffrey Winters|Tuesday, December 30, 2008
discovermagazine.com...

Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery
science.nasa.gov...

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

Could the Increased Activity's are the Cause of the interstellar Cloud .. we are going Towards??

and why this Plasma Tubes are more noticeable Right Now ?

It may not Effect Us entirely ( Interstellar Cloud ) but Would it effect Our Star Aka Our Sun ?

Causing the Effects On Us from Our Sun Reaction to this Interstellar Cloud ?

Just a guess ??

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

The Plasma tubes are known about and were theorised more than 60 years ago, there is plenty of research on them, the new research just photographed them to confirm their structure. Visual confirmation.

I posted some research and some science ab out it on this page of this thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe these plasma tubes could be used as worm holes.
Could be E.T's hiway

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Maybe these plasma tubes could be used as worm holes.
Could be E.T's hiway

By what means would they be able to function as such?
No. Just...No.

A little critical thinking now and then does wonders...
edit on 6/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The thing about plasma worm holes, kind of reminds me of some of the time travel accounts that I happen to believe, and possibly relate to teleportation as well. But we're still in a plasma screen. Kind of school of sorts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join