It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Tubes Floating Above Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
From: Aussi e student proves existence of plasma tubes floating above Earth

AN AUSTRALIAN scientist has discovered that giant, invisible, moving plasma tubes fill the skies above Earth.

It’s a finding that was initially met with a considerable degree of scepticism within the field of astrophysics, but a University of Sydney undergraduate student Cleo Loi, 23, has proven that the phenomenon exists.

Time to learn something new! Link to her research paper in the article above.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Thanks for sharing! This is very interesting and quite impressive that an undergrad 23 year old woman discovered it!

S&F!

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I always enjoy these sorts of stories - not just for the "wow" factor, but also for when some from the scientific community (old school establishment) get pwned by other scientists due to new discoveries which, in my opinion, suggest science too is a fluid & ever-evolving series of "impossible - until it is not" scenarios.

Oh, and Aussie Aussie Aussie............
edit on 2-6-2015 by Sublimecraft because: oi oi oi

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Good on her! Turning an array into 3-D is very fitting for a young mind.

Plasma tubes eh? Wonder what they be good for?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

CLEO! LOI! 23 and en route to her first Nobel prize. Just really: wow.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Looking at the pattern in the video..

I wonder if those could be my sky sounds??

30 minutes..
the sound coming in and out,
and changing warbling,
meditation sounds..

The visual is at least shaped and timed right to match.
AND
at the same time I experienced this
the earths magnetopause was acting up..
getting crunched and rebounding if I remember correctly.
edit on 2-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I always enjoy these sorts of stories - not just for the "wow" factor, but also for when some from the scientific community (old school establishment) get pwned by other scientists due to new discoveries which, in my opinion, suggest science too is a fluid & ever-evolving series of "impossible - until it is not" scenarios.

Oh, and Aussie Aussie Aussie............

I feel the same...

Oh, and Oi Oi Oi.....

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I wonder if Tesla knew about these tubes and was part of the infrastructure for his electrical distribution system.

Just postulating....

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

This is fascinating, and an example of truly outstanding out of the box thinking on the part of the young lady scientist involved. I wonder what new science can now be done, what discoveries can be made, off the back of this great bit of work?

Perhaps studying these plasma tubes will lead to a better understanding of not only the way our planets magnetic fields operate and originate, and indeed the interactions between the elements of the atmosphere, and the surrounding space. I am filled with anticipation to see what comes of this. But I will tell you one thing...

Cleo Loi should be very proud of herself for her determination to solve the riddle of how to image these tubes, because this discovery is one of the most interesting that I have been alerted to over the last two years. The only things that have sparked my interest so much have been the various discoveries of the LHC, and the bright spots on Ceres, spotted by the probe which is currently getting closer and closer, and taking clearer and clearer images of it.

Bloody fantastic job Ms Cleo Loi, and thanks Blackmarketeer for bringing this to the attention of the membership!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

I wonder if Tesla knew about these tubes

And how do you suggest he "knew" about these tubes?

Was it on a spaceship trip?

Or when he checked his computer simulations?

You are talking about someone who lived in the 1800s.

edit on 2-6-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said mate. I second that admiration indeed.

I am especially curious as to the effect of these moving tubes on Earth's climate. Surely these tubes must have some sort of interaction with charged molecules in the atmosphere?

Very thought-provoking indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Very cool discovery for such a young student too . This may get her a spot on one of the Electrical Universe conferences .The whole study of Plasma Physics is very interesting and a marvel to watch in the Northern Lights . S&F

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

I wonder if Tesla knew about these tubes

And how do you suggest he "knew" about these tubes?

Was it on a spaceship trip?

Or when he checked his computer simulations?

You are talking about someone who lived in the 1800s.

Right...because it's impossible to theorize that they may have existed without a spaceship or computer simulation? I guess Einstein must have had a super computer at his disposal as well.
edit on 2-6-2015 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Awesome discovery, as the younger generations in this new era, age, they will discover and create things that are paralell to our science fiction concepts.

I've said this before, few times in ats; the universe is 95% or something empty space. All that dark matter/energy is only void to our light spectrum, our two eyeballs don't have the capacity to see in every spectrum within the universal structure.

There are forces and things we can't see, as it lies in a paralell spectrum our senses are not limited too. This would be where the whOle "paralell dimensions" thing comes from.

Discoveries like these, puts new perspective into the scientific understanding of planetary, and galactic natures. Also, is seen as a stepping stone, to learn more of the 'bigger picture'.

Thanks for sharing this discovery! Sounds creepy we have invisible tubes overhead

edit on 2-6-2015 by Elementalist because: Correction

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Well, when one considers that our atmosphere can sometimes appear to behave like a series of interconnected cells, rather than a single spherical envelope, and then looks at these plasma tubes, one has to wonder what relationship these two things have.

Have a look at this page, and tell me what springs to mind.

www.ux1.eiu.edu...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I will wait a while on this one. However , if proven to be true , this could explain a lot of phenomena .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You take yourself too seriously. Maybe you missed the "just postulating" part of my post. I was simply putting out there that maybe some of his more theoretical experiments involving plasma could possibly have something to do with this. Yes, it's unlikely. Was just throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I always find it astonishing about how little we know about our own backyard, but we presume to know about how the Universe works. What implications do these this findings have for practical use? Can the energy be harnessed, Traveled upon? Are they already utilized by those more advanced?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

For the mystically inclined among you: the Sun's penis

The path of the visible gods will appear through the disc of the sun, who is God my father. Likewise the so-called tube, the origin of the ministering wind. For you will see hanging down from the disc of the sun something that looks like a tube. And towards the regions westward it is as though there were an infinite east wind. But if the the other wind should prevail towards the regions of the east, you will in like manner see the vision veering in that direction.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

but also for when some from the scientific community (old school establishment) get pwned by other scientists due to new discoveries which

Jeez, so who exactly has been pwned?

You are not a scientist if you are not making new discoveries. It is their job. Most of the time they are not as spectacular as the one presented here though.
edit on 2-6-2015 by moebius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join