It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I say I love Jesus but I don't feed His sheep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I stepped out the shower and grabbed a towel and wondered to myself, if I had to pray to Jesus, what would my prayer sound like?

I started to say a prayer in my head which went like this: ' Dear Jesus I dedicate my day to you...' And I had to stop myself short. 'I dedicate my day to you?' I thought. I can't say that.

My day wasn't going to be dedicated to Jesus. I was preparing to go out and start my Help me and my family immigrate to the Uk on my ancestral visa fund-raising campaign. What did that have to do with Jesus?

It made me think. In order to pray a prayer like: 'Lord Jesus I dedicate my day to you...' How would my day actually have to look?

I thought about if I really loved Jesus like I'm supposed to then I should feed His sheep. It struck me that if Jesus is God then I can live my life in His service and He will provide my physical needs miraculously. There are many scriptures about how a man can't serve God and money. I do love Jesus but when I look at my life I see me running after everything else and NOT feeding the sheep.

"John 21:17 - A third time he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep."

I'm tired of trying to hold on to Jesus with one hand and the world with the other. I want to grab Jesus with both hands and let Him be who He is.

So I've decided that in order to be able to pray the prayer I want to pray, I have to feed the sheep in full time ministry.

I stay in a medium size town full of sheep. From Monday, I'm (God willing) going to do the rounds. I will stop at the same shops in the same order every day and pray for and with the same people every day. If they know sick people I will pray for them, if they know wayward people I will pray for them and if there are troubled people I will reason with them about forgiveness, love, truth and reward and pray with them and for them. I will give them messages from God and feed them with scripture.

I will start gathering with them who want to pray and start a new church where we can be baptized and encourage those who are weak and comfort and pray for those who are sick and this is all food for the sheep.

If I do this, moved by the Spirit of love, then I can start my day with the prayer: 'Lord Jesus I dedicate my day to you.' I believe ALL who say they love Him should take this path, bar none.

Any questions ATS?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yes. Why would an all loving God want servants? Wouldn't he want us to be free? Would an all loving one want to dedicate our days to ourself to the fullest to enjoy our mortal lives. Keep us in sin for what reason? I've heard all the answers so none you can give me would suffice. They stay stuck in my head without logical answers.

I believe in God, I do. Just never grasped the idea. The way the bible reads to me is a form of slavery. Get up and do the work for God.

Eta: s&f though. I'm glad you've found your purpose and hope you stay motivated.
edit on 1-6-2015 by Passive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

If you are REALLY called:

Go to seminary, study the word, go to bible college.

Do the work.

THEN go out and bother people.

ETA: How are you planning to be able to do all this "ministering" and be gainfully employed at the same time?

edit on 1-6-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
IMHO, Jesus does not expect perfection.

He expects steady improvement with a repenting heart.

Many who call themselves 'Christian' simply are.......not.

My morning prayer is always, 'your will be done Lord, please give me the will and discernment to follow your will in my life. Forgive me for my failures and help me to recognize them.'

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What a brave move friend. I'll pray that God blesses you for you effort ant that in praying for others you will get a clearer understanding of what the best thing for you to do is. I say "best thing for you to do" instead of "God's will for you" because they are the same thing.
Do you think that God is calling you to stay where you are instead of immigrating to the UK?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I don't think god is calling at all. Does god even call people outside Israel? For you are not his people, you must remember this.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite tweets from Pope Francis:

Indifference towards those in need is not acceptable for a Christian.

Pope Francis ‏@Pontifex · Nov 6

And your post is such a lovely example of that.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First of all, you are to pray to the Father, not Jesus.

Matthew 6
9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

Second of all, praying for people instead of actually helping them does nothing.

James 2
16 If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Second of all, praying for people instead of actually helping them does nothing.

Is that right. You should have been around to tell Jesus that, since he prayed for himself and others. Even the Pope prays for himself and others.

You might want to rethink your position on that, as well as deliberating discouraging someone who is trying to do good in the world. I don't think that's anything to be proud of. People need encouragement, not discouragement.
edit on 6/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Additionally, don't you think it's rather audacious to pose negative comments on how someone PRAYS?

Even the thought of it creeps me out, it's so judgmental.

You have a good one --

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Nothing audacious about it, I was only encouraging him to do more than just pray. James says to pray without actually helping physically does no good. Nothing wrong with praying, but it takes more than just prayer.

There was nothing negative about my comment, sorry if it came off that way.
edit on 6/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"Feeding the sheep" is about more than visiting, proselytizing, and prayer. Though it's very convenient that most Christians choose to interpret that verse in a way that doesn't cost them any money, and very little time. America is over 80 percent Christian, and yet homelessness and poverty are at an all time high.

James 2

15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

ETA: 3NL1GHT3N3D1, I see you beat me to it. Well done.

edit on 6/1/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with you. Praying is all good and well but nothing directly good comes of it. Those who actualise those prayers for the benefit of others is the only way to "feed the sheep".

Praying is a sentiment, like wishing good luck

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Nothing audacious about it, I was only encouraging him to do more than just pray. James says to pray without actually helping physically does no good. Nothing wrong with praying, but it takes more than just prayer.

There was nothing negative about my comment, sorry if it came off that way.

There was nothing wrong with your comment. You hit the nail on the head. Yes, Jesus prayed for people. He also fed thousands.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Additionally, don't you think it's rather audacious to pose negative comments on how someone PRAYS?

Even the thought of it creeps me out, it's so judgmental.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

The thought of someone going door to door, or business to business offering prayers creeps me out. OP can pray at home, or at church. It seems to me the OP is looking for a reward, divine or mundane, they're hoping for help with their family travel hopes.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've got one hand in my pocket and the other one is hailing a taxi-cab.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There are different spiritual gifts, and we are all called in different ways. If you are called to ministry, then I wish you the best. You must do as He has called you to. May He bless you, and may you find that in feeding the sheep, He keeps you in turn as one of His flock.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Although praying can have a positive effect in someones life,( giving hope or help fight insecurities etc.)
please keep it for yourselves christians.

Prayer can be like meditation but with less positive results,usually because of the passive position believers have to the will of god.

I always wondered how would christians feel if a satanist offered to pray for your soul to Satan?
For some non religious people, christians are as creepy as satanists are for the christians...

Moral teachings, don't do to others what you don't want to happen to you.

and ''Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ σὺ χεῖρα κινεῖ'' = ok pray to Athena, but also use your hands = Gods help those who help themselves

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I believe ALL who say they love Him should take this path, bar none.

Any questions ATS?

My first question is: Why did you make this thread?

1) Cement your own resolve thru public announcement.
2) Proclaim yourself as a role model.

edit on 1-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Any questions ATS?

Why won't God heal amputees?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join