It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Man cleared in shooting of sleeping trespassers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Should people be allowed to simply walk into your house and know you can't touch them allowing them to do whatever they want, and YOU are the criminal for protecting yourself? NO.

I want you to know I agree with this statement whole-heartedly, but in the larger context of the thread, the property of Wayne Burgarello in which the killings took place was not his home, but a vacant building long known for squatters, vandals and thieves. If he was going there at night, and with a gun, he was hoping for something like what transpired. That house will never have a squat problem again.

I also want you to know that I'm not trying to argue whether he was within the law or not. I'm speaking purely from an ethical and moral standpoint of truth. Every law ever written is up for revision, but truth is eternal.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
a reply to: SubTruth

property is not worth a life and laws should reflect this simple truth. Is property worth a life.......NO.........Is someone walking across or sleeping on your property worth a life.......NO.

What about food stores, produce-growing fields? Not that Agribusiness industrial chemical culture nonsense. I'm talking about small family farms that are actually feeding families. I personally believe if such a fertile field were being vandalized, it may warrant an aggressive response in defense of the food supply.

What do you think?
edit on 31-5-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: a word and a hyphen

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

Is someone being attacked by the vandals in the food plot?

If not, no.

It is what the cops are for. Now if the vandals break into the home of the fields owner, then all bets are off.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're right! I would never bring myself to kill someone under food plot circumstance. I would definitely brandish and make a lot of loud noise after calling the police, because out in the country, the police aren't getting anywhere fast.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

Now that, I can get behind. Just as if you had a bunch of deer in the plot.

Or some floodlights? That'd freak their dumb asses out...
edit on 5/31/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang
I want you to know I agree with this statement whole-heartedly, but in the larger context of the thread, the property of Wayne Burgarello in which the killings took place was not his home, but a vacant building long known for squatters, vandals and thieves. If he was going there at night, and with a gun, he was hoping for something like what transpired. That house will never have a squat problem again.

I also want you to know that I'm not trying to argue whether he was within the law or not. I'm speaking purely from an ethical and moral standpoint of truth. Every law ever written is up for revision, but truth is eternal.

I agree not every case is the same. In this case the man had made complaints, and tried to get the police to stop the breakins. They did not. For all I know he went there to hold the people there so the police could finally make an arrest and his nightmare would be over.

It's quite possible he had intent, it's also possible he did not. We just don't know. The fact he tried to do it the other way, of letting the police handle it and they failed him, makes me less suspicious of him going in himself.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang
a reply to: retiredTxn and Vasa Croe

The man was fantasizing about ambushing people with a gun. That seems like an entirely disproportionate way of going about a burglary and vandalism problem. The event took place just the way he desired, only he wasn't waiting for them, he found them sleeping.

If I found squatters at a vacant building I owned, I dang sure wouldn't go confront them, even with a gun. I would immediately call the police on my cellular telephone and let the proper authorities handle the situation.

I'm sorry, but I do have to question your "experience" knowing so much about people who own tracts of land. This has to be one of the most outlandish comments I've read in quite some time. Proof? Or is this your "experience" from having trespassed on others land illegally? SMH

Ha...yeah that makes sense. Let's go buy a ton of property and land just because we want to kill someone.

I've been fighting a fever lately, so I mess up my wordings. It looks like I said "every land-owner" but what I meant was that a lot of out-in-the-country land-owners with whom I have had personal experiences tend to enjoy the idea of being the valiant hammer of justice when it comes to tresspassers on their property. Not all land-owners, but a significant number are like this.

I lived out on 21 acres without electricity and just a hand pump for 8 months. I had 6 neighbors on my 8 mile long dirt road. Becoming acquainted with them was crucial due to my delicate living situation, because what if I had an emergency? Every one of them was a fiasco when I pulled into their driveway and waved at them smilingyelling "Hey, y'all, I'm a new neighbor!" There was always a gun in the pocket or under the jacket or on the hip.

They'd saystuff like, "If you was comming here to start trouble, we'd a blasted you away." Or they would tell me a story about someone who wronged them and would blast them away if they ever so much as drove by.

Also, while driving down this road, someone who doesn't even live there pulled me over and said he saw me tresspassing on his land and said he was going to shoot to kill if he ever saw me around there again. Swore up and down that it was my truck, even though I had told him I had seen 3 trucks in the area exactly the same model and color.

While I was biking through the countryside 20 miles away, I had to stop and pee, so I got off the road and into the woods for concealment, and a hunter was waiting for me right there, pointing his gun at me. I told him,"I WAS going to pee, but I can see that I should get back on my bicyle and move on." He said nothing, but kept the gun on me until I was on the bike and back on the road.

What was I going to do? Vandalize his trees?

The other time I was caught tresspassing just off the road, I was loading up a pile of rotten oak trees that had nearly turned into soil. The man thought I was dumping all the compost I had been loading up into my truck. He handled it quite well saying, "If you don't leaveright now I'll call the cops." I said thank you for your consideration and left.

I hope I was able to illustrate the aggressive mentality shared by many people out there. The desire for an excuse to kill is very common in this world.

Ha! Ok...so I see where you're coming from.

I have been through a lot myself. I may come from a completely different background from you.

I was adopted at birth. I went to a private school from pre-K through 12th grade graduation.

I left and moved to Montana from Atlanta in 1995. I traveled from there, all over the US.

Prior to this I traveled all over the world with my family. I had a very privileged life.

But you know what I did with that.... read the story and imagine the guy(victim that died) didn't choose this path and didn't become a criminal...chose to become a better person.

Well... there is the dilemma

I choose what I choose based on my life experiences....just like yours, mine are unique...our lives may be unique, but our paths are parallel.
edit on 5/31/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: yuppa

I am not sympathizing for the criminals...yes they made their bed...i just do not agree with this guy shooting them...the punishment does not fit the crime.....

And yeah you may be right if he called the police these crims may well have been shot as well...in fact they would likely be both dead...

there was no crime committed by the shooter. the dummy had a gun like implement i n his hand and got shot. self defense in the heat of the moment. ANd Since the cops would had killed both maybe the man should be applauded for not killing the woman.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well # that guy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join