It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Man cleared in shooting of sleeping trespassers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Tricky this case is. Basically he entered frequently bulgerized property of his, in a low visibility situation, and was confronted by a scenery of meth-soaked somebody sleeping inside and who had something resembling a gun lying next to him - got darn scared and also - considering past of the property - pretty p****d off, and then a sudden movement trigger him to shoot as if hell was loose.

Carnage for sure. But, the media does not really present the case in this manner as I do above. Because, then one might actually instantaneously understand why he shot them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or from the alive witness?

Do you know what she said?
There is two claims, not just one.

Yes, she said she was sleeping. So how can she see what her bf is doing when she is asleep?

I don't see how shooting people who are asleep, yes I am sticking to that, is defending your property.
Is that running roughshod over him?

Well it's easy to say whatever you want when you stick to opinions rather than facts.

Or I should say they were asleep till he woke them up to go shoot them.

Which is not at all what you just said. So they are sleeping. Man enters HIS property. Meth-head points a flashlight at him and gets shot.

That is not the story you just told of him shooting them in their sleep.

I guess when you stick to opinions and avoid facts it's easy to change your story as you go.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Methheads sleeping?Yeah right!The man did what he had to do to protect his property and his life.End of story.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

that is very true.

What this event was, is tragic.

Ultimately, I guess, we have to trust that the jury got it right. We weren't there. We can't know what happened. The jury heard everything, looked into the eyes of the people involved.

I don't like that the guy went into the situation. It smacks of deliberately looking for trouble.

But...

I wasn't there. I wasn't looking into the eyes of the people involved. So there it is. All I have is opinion.

edit on 5/31/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly, it's impossible to damn this man since we can't know his state of mind. The facts alone do not support it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Im so happy i am canadian, where shooting people is not considered a daily fun thing to do, also i love the excuses for killing people that you guys come up with, must be fun living scared to death every second of your life, more guns plz.

Cant wait for the awsome replies to my post lol

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I`m happy you are from Canada too!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Why do you think people are scared? You act like everyone is shooting everyone and living in constant fear. Quite simply it's a lie.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well here we have another story of a man shooting people in cold blood and people justifying it.....funnily enough citing reasons like junkies,doing illegal things,taking illegal drugs etc...well if there is something illegal going on there is a police force to deal with it....you know like the people who get paid out of tax money to catch friggin criminals......

This is not the wild west for # sake and just shooting people because they are on your land is not only criminal but it is nasty.....some people are using ownership as an excuse to rid themselves of an issue by cold blooded murder....wake the F up,just because you own land does not give you the title of judge dredd.....

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedwell if there is something illegal going on there is a police force to deal with it....you know like the people who get paid out of tax money to catch friggin criminals......

Because they had done such a bangup job so far at arresting the people who kept breaking into this man's home?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Where did i lie, did my opinion offend you

I live in bear country, most people up here own guns, alot of them, nobodys been shot for over 40 years.

Amerika is a society based on fear and division, but yea people just end up getting shot for security right.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedwell if there is something illegal going on there is a police force to deal with it....you know like the people who get paid out of tax money to catch friggin criminals......

Because they had done such a bangup job so far at arresting the people who kept breaking into this man's home?

This being the case the police need to retired and replaced with competent officers whom can do the job....

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This being the case the police need to retired and replaced with competent officers whom can do the job....

When they do we can revisit the issue.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Where did i lie, did my opinion offend you

I live in bear country, most people up here own guns, alot of them, nobodys been shot for over 40 years.

Amerika is a society based on fear and division, but yea people just end up getting shot for security right.

I was not offended, just pointing out your blatant lie.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

What lie, if thats all you got, must be a slow night.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

What lie, if thats all you got, must be a slow night.

The one where you claimed we live scared to death all the time. It's a lie. I am never in fear of my life and I am usually out after dark.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How the heck do people go to sleep after shooting meth? Maybe they wake up with a big dose of sleeping pills? This is a strange twist to the story. I could go ask Alice I suppose..

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The one where you claimed we live scared to death all the time. It's a lie. I am never in fear of my life and I am usually out after dark.

Really it's a lie? Gun owners are always one about if you don't own your a victim. and I say really?

Never owned a gun, never robbed..etc.

Gun owners would have the world believe that America is so dangerous, that it should be mandatory to own a gun.

Let me guess you walk out late at night with a gun. Yeah because your not scared.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thefallenone

Complete misrepresentation of their belief. They believe it's a Constitutional right, and it is safer. None of the ones I know say what you said. Which also has nothing to do with everyone in America scared crapping their pants every day.

It's a lie.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
If the man was so concerned about his property why did he leave it in a run down condition ? why did he not secure it properly ? . and maybe he did not call the police first because they had already told him to make an effort to secure the building properly .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join