It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Man cleared in shooting of sleeping trespassers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
If the man was so concerned about his property why did he leave it in a run down condition ? why did he not secure it properly ? . and maybe he did not call the police first because they had already told him to make an effort to secure the building properly .

You know the answer,as do i.......

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Juries.....

Most times the last resort is more dangerous than the alternatives.

This murderous retard just got lucky and I hope another murderous retard forces recompense upon him in the near future before he dies of old age.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes.

Truly though, did the guy deserve to die for crashing in an abandoned, by all accounts it been so for a while, building?

Really, he should have called the cops.

If he was truly in danger, and had to shoot...fine. Horrible, but understandable. But should he have gone there himself? Knowing there were people there, who might indeed pose a considerable risk to him? I'm sorry, I consider that somewhat, well, stupid.

Well...on the flip side you could also consider two people breaking into someone's property to shot up and sleep stupid as well....

Sucks it went down this way, but I tend to lay blame on the initiator of an event, not the one that ends it. Both have to take responsibility, but the initiator would be fine had they not broken the law in the first place.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
From what I have been able to find, both trespassers had been shooting up meth earlier. The guy that shot them was 73 years old, so likely couldn't see well and was nervous about confronting someone. When he got there it was dark and the guy that was shot had a black flashlight that he raised up which was not on and the owner of the property thought it was a gun and shot them.

Sorry, but stupid will get you killed. You don't break in to someone else's place, shoot up meth, and then expect nothing to happen when the owner comes around. It isn't like the owner knew these two were just sleeping it off, but hey....lets blame him for their deaths and not give them a darwin award for idiot drug addicts...

On that note, people on meth do NOT sleep.

ID

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Well here we have another story of a man shooting people in cold blood and people justifying it.....funnily enough citing reasons like junkies,doing illegal things,taking illegal drugs etc...well if there is something illegal going on there is a police force to deal with it....you know like the people who get paid out of tax money to catch friggin criminals......

This is not the wild west for # sake and just shooting people because they are on your land is not only criminal but it is nasty.....some people are using ownership as an excuse to rid themselves of an issue by cold blooded murder....wake the F up,just because you own land does not give you the title of judge dredd.....

I AM THE LAW!! LOL!!

But seriously If he would had called the cops the guy would still most likely gotten shot when he put up his flashlight liek it was a gun and then this would be the cops you were giving grief over this with. Stop having sympathy for criminals they made their choices.

ALso remember the crime rate was VERY LOW in the west actually. Its not liek the westerns.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This testimony throws it all into perspective.

Two neighbors testified

Two neighbors testified Wednesday that Burgarello told them years earlier that he might arm himself and wait for people responsible for repeatedly vandalizing and burglarizing the vacant duplex.

"He told me, 'I'm going to be waiting inside with a gun,'" Kevin Morgan said.

Deadly force is entirely misused in most situations. In my experience, people who own tracts of land, own lots of guns because they want to catch someone tresspassing because they really want to kill someone.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

Two neighbors testified

Two neighbors testified Wednesday that Burgarello told them years earlier that he might arm himself and wait for people responsible for repeatedly vandalizing and burglarizing the vacant duplex.

I don't see how this "testimony" could put a new perspective. How many years earlier had he made the comments? 20, 15, 10 years ago? Or 5, 3, 2 years ago? Regardless, those statements reflect none of the evidence in this case, unless he was secretly hiding in the house and only claimed to receive a call notifying him the house was being occupied?

Deadly force is entirely misused in most situations. In my experience, people who own tracts of land, own lots of guns because they want to catch someone tresspassing because they really want to kill someone.

I'm sorry, but I do have to question your "experience" knowing so much about people who own tracts of land. This has to be one of the most outlandish comments I've read in quite some time. Proof? Or is this your "experience" from having trespassed on others land illegally? SMH
edit on 5 31 2015 by retiredTxn because: Goofed

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

Two neighbors testified

Ha...yeah that makes sense. Let's go buy a ton of property and land just because we want to kill someone.

Sounds like the guy was fed up with police doing nothing and his places being robbed and vandalized. He wasn't waiting for the people....they were already there...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn and Vasa Croe

The man was fantasizing about ambushing people with a gun. That seems like an entirely disproportionate way of going about a burglary and vandalism problem. The event took place just the way he desired, only he wasn't waiting for them, he found them sleeping.

If I found squatters at a vacant building I owned, I dang sure wouldn't go confront them, even with a gun. I would immediately call the police on my cellular telephone and let the proper authorities handle the situation.

I'm sorry, but I do have to question your "experience" knowing so much about people who own tracts of land. This has to be one of the most outlandish comments I've read in quite some time. Proof? Or is this your "experience" from having trespassed on others land illegally? SMH

Ha...yeah that makes sense. Let's go buy a ton of property and land just because we want to kill someone.

I've been fighting a fever lately, so I mess up my wordings. It looks like I said "every land-owner" but what I meant was that a lot of out-in-the-country land-owners with whom I have had personal experiences tend to enjoy the idea of being the valiant hammer of justice when it comes to tresspassers on their property. Not all land-owners, but a significant number are like this.

I lived out on 21 acres without electricity and just a hand pump for 8 months. I had 6 neighbors on my 8 mile long dirt road. Becoming acquainted with them was crucial due to my delicate living situation, because what if I had an emergency? Every one of them was a fiasco when I pulled into their driveway and waved at them smilingyelling "Hey, y'all, I'm a new neighbor!" There was always a gun in the pocket or under the jacket or on the hip.

They'd saystuff like, "If you was comming here to start trouble, we'd a blasted you away." Or they would tell me a story about someone who wronged them and would blast them away if they ever so much as drove by.

Also, while driving down this road, someone who doesn't even live there pulled me over and said he saw me tresspassing on his land and said he was going to shoot to kill if he ever saw me around there again. Swore up and down that it was my truck, even though I had told him I had seen 3 trucks in the area exactly the same model and color.

While I was biking through the countryside 20 miles away, I had to stop and pee, so I got off the road and into the woods for concealment, and a hunter was waiting for me right there, pointing his gun at me. I told him,"I WAS going to pee, but I can see that I should get back on my bicyle and move on." He said nothing, but kept the gun on me until I was on the bike and back on the road.

What was I going to do? Vandalize his trees?

The other time I was caught tresspassing just off the road, I was loading up a pile of rotten oak trees that had nearly turned into soil. The man thought I was dumping all the compost I had been loading up into my truck. He handled it quite well saying, "If you don't leaveright now I'll call the cops." I said thank you for your consideration and left.

I hope I was able to illustrate the aggressive mentality shared by many people out there. The desire for an excuse to kill is very common in this world.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

wrong thread

edit on 31-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Juries.....

This murderous retard just got lucky and I hope another murderous retard forces recompense upon him in the near future before he dies of old age.

What comes around goes around
Karma will revisit him where he'll be in a similar position.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of this story:

www.usatoday.com...

Bryon Smith caught two teenagers entering and trespassing on his property and shot them both (Haile Kifer, and Nick Brady).

That guy got a life sentence because his shooting was pre-meditated. But the other guy gets off because he felt threatened.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I am not sympathizing for the criminals...yes they made their bed...i just do not agree with this guy shooting them...the punishment does not fit the crime.....

And yeah you may be right if he called the police these crims may well have been shot as well...in fact they would likely be both dead...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
From what I have been able to find, both trespassers had been shooting up meth earlier. The guy that shot them was 73 years old, so likely couldn't see well and was nervous about confronting someone. When he got there it was dark and the guy that was shot had a black flashlight that he raised up which was not on and the owner of the property thought it was a gun and shot them.

Sorry, but stupid will get you killed. You don't break in to someone else's place, shoot up meth, and then expect nothing to happen when the owner comes around. It isn't like the owner knew these two were just sleeping it off, but hey....lets blame him for their deaths and not give them a darwin award for idiot drug addicts...

On that note, people on meth do NOT sleep.

ID

Unless they are coming down as the article I read said. It was a quote from the woman that lived....they had shot up earlier and were coming down and going to sleep.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Juries.....

What comes around goes around
Karma will revisit him where he'll be in a similar position.

Yeah....because it seems likely that this guy would suddenly be homeless and shooting up meth.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Reminds me of this story:

www.usatoday.com...

Bryon Smith caught two teenagers entering and trespassing on his property and shot them both (Haile Kifer, and Nick Brady).

That guy got a life sentence because his shooting was pre-meditated. But the other guy gets off because he felt threatened.

No, that guy got life because he intentionally lured them and waited to kill them. Had he simply come upon them he would have been fine. He said he was going to shoot one of them in their left eye BEFORE they broke in. They broke in, he was waiting there and shot him in the eye. He did not catch them breaking in, he set them up to break in and waited patiently in order to kill them. Can we at least stop the lies?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Let me start off saying I am 10000000% pro-gun. I hate progressive scum bags that try weasel into people minds using stories like this as a foot in the door. It is utterly pathetic and shows just how weak they are in the greater argument.

That being said property is not worth a life and laws should reflect this simple truth. Is property worth a life.......NO.........Is someone walking across or sleeping on your property worth a life.......NO.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Should people be allowed to simply walk into your house and know you can't touch them allowing them to do whatever they want, and YOU are the criminal for protecting yourself? NO.

The article about the other guy who intentionally lured them in to kill them, that is wrong, and he was rightfully punished. These criminals are DESTROYING lives though, they need to be stopped.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Gee why do people have issues with gun owners?

Sure they feel they get to judge who lives or dies, the way they view human life depends totally on the person.

I mean what's the issue.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefallenone
Gee why do people have issues with gun owners?

Sure they feel they get to judge who lives or dies, the way they view human life depends totally on the person.

I mean what's the issue.

You are right, because if you look at most murders they are committed by lawful gun carrying individuals with no criminal history.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join