It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Man cleared in shooting of sleeping trespassers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
More gun psycho insanity. Now unconscious people are fair game if they happen to be located on property you own- even if it's not your residence. This is insane. Yes squatter suck, but you don't shoot them, at least not unless they attack you. This man should be facing the death penalty, instead he's celebrating. Sometimes our country is so twisted it makes me sick.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
I guess it became ok to shoot unarmed squatters the same day it became ok to trespass with reckless abandon.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

They had no right to be there sure, that is a crime and they are afforded due process.

I guess sleeping people might kill ya huh.

Why does the fifth not get championed like the rest of them?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Please take the following as an intended and twisted joke.

No, you should call the police and have them shoot the unarmed swatters. That's the american way.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: CB328
I guess it became ok to shoot unarmed squatters the same day it became ok to trespass with reckless abandon.

You are comparing a young man and woman seeking shelter to a man who is willing to shoot two people eight times while they are sleeping?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well....it was a jury that didn't convict him so there had to be evidence that he was innocent or actually was threatened in some way. Typically jury's don't let you off on all charges unless there is good reason.

Either way.....as I have always said.....don't break the law and you won't get shot. Wonder how many "trespassers will be shot" signs were up. Seems from the story there was a history of robberies at this property.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You are comparing a young man and woman seeking shelter to a man who is willing to shoot two people eight times while they are sleeping?

Of course, that's compassionate conservatism. Or is that the culture of life??

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well....it was a jury that didn't convict him so there had to be evidence that he was innocent or actually was threatened in some way. Typically jury's don't let you off on all charges unless there is good reason.

Either way.....as I have always said.....don't break the law and you won't get shot. Wonder how many "trespassers will be shot" signs were up. Seems from the story there was a history of robberies at this property.

As he said, there must be more to the story. It is hard for a regular citizen to be cleared of charges in a shooting unless it is clear and cut self defense. Seems more like a typical case of the media not reporting all of the facts.

ID

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

You don't have to prove they didn't do it, just have to put reasonable doubt.

Hard to convict on a he said she said.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

If It's raining and I hop the fence and stroll toward the White House, do you think the Secret Service will understand that I was seeking shelter? They might be a little more concerned with the trespassing part.

My earlier post was mostly in jest. No bloodthirsty, poor-hatin' conservatives in this thread. Promise.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Of course, that's compassionate conservatism. Or is that the culture of life??

These are the two people who were shot in their sleep. The guy got shot in the head and she was shot three times and survived.

I couldn't imagine getting shot three times in my sleep and then seeing the guy get away with it.

+6 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From what I have been able to find, both trespassers had been shooting up meth earlier. The guy that shot them was 73 years old, so likely couldn't see well and was nervous about confronting someone. When he got there it was dark and the guy that was shot had a black flashlight that he raised up which was not on and the owner of the property thought it was a gun and shot them.

Sorry, but stupid will get you killed. You don't break in to someone else's place, shoot up meth, and then expect nothing to happen when the owner comes around. It isn't like the owner knew these two were just sleeping it off, but hey....lets blame him for their deaths and not give them a darwin award for idiot drug addicts...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If It's raining and I hop the fence and stroll toward the White House, do you think the Secret Service will understand that I was seeking shelter? They might be a little more concerned with the trespassing part.

My earlier post was mostly in jest. No bloodthirsty, poor-hatin' conservatives in this thread. Promise.

People don't seek shelter in the White House. People do seek shelter in abandoned houses.

When vacant houses outnumber homeless people... what do you expect?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

People don't seek shelter in the White House. People do seek shelter in abandoned houses.

I think that is exactly the issue here....expectations. Sure you can expect homeless to break the law and break into someone else's property for shelter and to shoot up their drugs, but in turn the homeless should expect the owner may come by and defend their property.

Expectations should run both ways, not just in favor of the criminal right?

Oh...and according to the stories I have read, she was the homeless one. He was just there at her invite to shoot up and sleep with her.
edit on 5/30/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Cuervo

I think that is exactly the issue here....expectations. Sure you can expect homeless to break the law and break into someone else's property for shelter and to shoot up their drugs, but in turn the homeless should expect the owner may come by and defend their property.

Expectations should run both ways, not just in favor of the criminal right?

This isn't the 1700's where we had to wait a week for the law to arrive. If somebody is squatting in vacant property, you call the police.

The owner went there because he got a call that told him there was somebody squatting. He wasn't caught off guard. He showed up at night with three handguns. If he wanted people out of his property, he would have called the police. He wanted to shoot somebody and it's obvious. Why else would you respond like that?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have to agree here, minus all the hyperbolic anti gun crap.

This guy should be in jail for this.

He murdered two people.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If the people were asleep, what threat did they pose, exactly?

If he posed a very real threat, then of course, all bets are off. But from the sounds of it, that may not have been the case. I would love to see the court transcript.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Glad to see someone else actually read the story.

If it had been a cop instead of a retired school teacher, this case would never have seen the inside of a courtroom.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I did read it. It came down to he said, she said. The jury believed him.

I'd still like to see the transcript.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

People should not expect to find shelter by trespassing. They should expect to find trouble.

I'm with seagull, I'd want to see what evidence was entered into that court before passing judgement on this man.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join