It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok people NASA is supporting a WORLD insignia to replace national flags.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the only suitable symbol for humanity would be a steaming turd. perhaps with 'EPIC FAIL' stamped across it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Now I want my star back.

I'm giving you 10 stars.

Edit:

There you go. You got ten more stars.

They are just that, mate: stars.

edit on 30-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think the question is absurd because the premise is false. NASA isn't supporting replacing national flags and the symbol itself isn't nefarious.

You are of course right I haven't come across anything showing NASA is considering this or any other world flags and yet if is a fun topic

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Kali74
I think the question is absurd because the premise is false. NASA isn't supporting replacing national flags and the symbol itself isn't nefarious.

You are of course right I haven't come across anything showing NASA is considering this or any other world flags and yet if is a fun topic

Yep. Even if some people don't know the difference between circles and triangles.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

More like the flower of life.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenSyrup

Do you think NASA could hire so many scientists (who are dedicated to the scientific process and truth finding) and not have ONE scientist come out as whistleblower?

That's always bothered me with these "NASA lies" claims. We've never had anyone credible from NASA step forward with any solid evidence that they lie.

If anything, NASA is just in the dark and being allowed to "fool around" in LEO (low Earth orbit). They're tasked with sending glorified RC cars to Mars and watching the climate/sun. The military are the ones really doing the actual space exploration, if at all.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: GoldenSyrup

That's always bothered me with these "NASA lies" claims. We've never had anyone credible from NASA step forward with any solid evidence that they lie.
If anything, NASA is just in the dark and being allowed to "fool around" in LEO (low Earth orbit). They're tasked with sending glorified RC cars to Mars and watching the climate/sun. The military are the ones really doing the actual space exploration, if at all.

I don't get that? first and second paragraph as above are diametrically opposed.

However, I'll take a different direction. NASA is good at being economical with the truth when it suits, if you don't ask the right questions, there is no need to address the real truths...truth's protective layers perhaps?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Umm, You don't see the 6 pointed star in the upper picture of the 3 He posted, that looks like the second image there? I see it plain as day. I think that is what He referring to... However I could be wrong as I was once before. LOL!!

edit on 30-5-2015 by SyxPak because: Added an Image...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

What I'm saying is ... with so many scientists on NASA's payroll, why haven't any credible ones stepped forward with irrefutable evidence that NASA is covering up things?

NASA doesn't have to cover anything up, because the true "discoveries" are made by the military.

NASA IMO is like a pre-school class, playing around in a tiny sandbox. The real exploration and scientific discoveries are buried deep within the MIC, wrapped in jet black compartmentalization.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I am not concerned. One bit. The U.S. of America needs to stop spending TRILLIONS of money on pork, and get us Mars. Something is telling we should get on Mars...soon.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No # Sherlock! Why not use the UN flag. Aren't we all united.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Having watched the video and read the article, I'd have to admit I actually like the idea. I know on a conspiracy site there must be lots of theories of the various symbolic meanings, but the intention presented seems legit. It could be the unifying factor so many have wanted, were it to be, let's say "promoted" on a large scale i.e. mass media and a popular documentary or TV special or something. A big deal like the moon landing of 1969. It's hard to grab people's attention nowadays.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Surely it is an abstract representation of a giant rectum.

Universal to ALL higher life forms!

edit on 30/5/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Bullet allergies.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I 'm all for it as well.
I just wanted to examine the symbology of that insignia.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

i think nationalism is a blight on humanity that is worse than racism. Maybe not the effect...but the basis of it. At least with racism you can point to the ignorantly held notion that skin color/ethnicity has some kind of celesstial birthright associated with it. With nationalism....its all based on made up crap like borders. And in many cases, WWI and II arbitrarily drew borders where none had any right to be.

Nationalism is racisms (more) retarded brother.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

I do not think humans can survive on a foreign planet witout significant life support structures in place. Even things as sublime as Schumann Frequencies...the Schumann Resonance on Earth is very likely related to overall mental function. I think a magnetically/electrically dead world would do a very poor job of playing the role of mental metronome.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Bullet allergies.

If someone went big enough and loud enough they wouldn't have to worry about being "suicided". If you get out into the public quickly and loudly enough, they won't want to risk touching a single hair on your head -- you're death just proves how right you are about your whisleblown information.

You make back up copies. You hide some, you distribute some. You build websites that are designed to release video footage of yourself talking about your death in the event of your murder.

You also never post everything you have, and always keep some things locked away. MicroSD cards hidden in walls of people's homes who don't even know you've hidden it there, or public bathroom air vents.

You go on as many TV and radio shows you can. You push, push, push and make it known that if anything "suspicious" happens to you -- it was planned. I'd go as far as to have a full medical exam prior to whistleblowing as well -- full CT and MRI body scans for cancer and every available diagnostic test. I'd keep having these tests done at regular intervals as well.

All of this may seem extreme, but for a whistle-blow of that size -- you'd better cover all your bases and dot/cross all T's and I's.

Whoever deals the first blow and cracks the facade will eventually be followed by a flood of others. Once one person opens the flood gates, the truth would come flooding out faster than they could contain it.

But it hasn't. Why?

Because there isn't anything anyone can leak or whistleblow. Your average NASA employee doesn't know anymore than what's publicly known. There might be a handful of people within NASA at the highest levels that are aware of jet-black skunkworks-type projects, but that's about it.

Why do you think we haven't been back to the Moon? Why do you think we aren't actually looking for life specifically on Mars, but rather "potential evidence life could exist"?

NASA isn't supposed to find life. NASA is supposed to stay away from things like that. Artifacts on the Moon, life on Mars, UFOs, ect ... all of this is hidden from NASA just as much as you and I.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Maybe they LIKE their carreers and to be able to work without getting blackballed by the rest of an isolative community whose paycheck is depended on the whim of the military and government.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join