It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok people NASA is supporting a WORLD insignia to replace national flags.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For all the people that bitch relentlessly about how the citizens of the world do not respect each other, for all the bitching about how violent we are, I find bitching about a unity-symbolizing global flag to be dimwitted. It's self-sabotage on the bitchers' parts, making sure we stay stuck in mud, forever spinning our wheels. These people are the global equivalent of the relative that bluntly tells you you'll never amount to anything. Time to prove them wrong.

The flag is a nice idea. I hope it catches on & people are inspired to move past pea-brain "better than thou & we'll carpet bomb you to prove it" knuckle-dragging. We are the only civilization of humans we know of, and we're only on this one rock. We can be better than pockets of blind nationalism, with time.
edit on 5/30/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
An Earth flag? Not a bad idea actually. How about this idea?

Erm no

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: swanne

Very interesting.

Does that mean that it's a Jewish world flag?

Actually this type of symbol has been used all over the ancient world long before adopted by Jews.

The mystical union of the two triangles represents Creation, occurring through the divine union of male and female. The two locked triangles are also known as 'Shanmukha'—the six-faced, representing the six faces of Shiva & Shakti's progeny Kartikeya. This symbol is also a part of several yantras and has deep significance in Hindu ritual worship and history.

en.wikipedia.org...

The hexagram is featured within and on the outside of many Masonic temples as a decoration. The hexagram, one of the world’s most ancient symbols, may have been found within the structures of King Solomon’s temple, from which Freemasons are inspired in their philosophies and studies.

“The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia declares that the SIX-POINTED STAR…according to the Rosicrucians…was known to the ancient Egyptians.” “SIX TRIANGLES…is the Egyptian hieroglyphic for the …Land of the Spirits.” “Ancient Egyptian Seal of Solomon” “In the Astro-Mythology of the Egyptians, we find belief in the first man-god (Horus I) …and his death and resurrection as Amsu” “This (6-pointed star) was the first sign or hieroglyphic of Amsu” “Amsu – the risen Horus – was the first man-god risen in spiritual form.”

theupliftingcrane.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with the general idea of your post. And nice message indeed.

But to my mind... An international flag cannot just be picked by some american agency without consulting the people's opinion on it. After all, the international flag will represent all of Earth's people. Tainting the flag with a subtle Solomon's Seal (Solomon was quite a contreversial character, the true symbol of God is a base-7 symbol anyway, not a base-6) is in my opinion not the best way to represent Earth as a whole. Additionally, the flag has to be simple enough for kids to draw it. I feel that the flag which has been proposed by Nasa fulfill none of these two criterion.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

edit on 30-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Nice information on the symbol of the hexagram, but there still are no triangles, and therefore no hexagram, on this flag, unless one draws them onto it themselves.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well said and explained
I too believe we can move past nationalism toward a world where each Human Being's needs are met ... where borders are no longer necessary and War is obsolete

It could be said that Human Nature would not allow this to happen ... But Humanity has yet to reach it's full potential as a whole ... Any intelligent Alien would see the divisions and base way of being as unintelligent and any being of empathy would want more for Humanity ... but ultimately it is up to Humanity one at a time and each in their own way come to a true understanding of such things.
Far from being a trash heap of beings ... Humanity has the inherent intelligence to rise above and be a shining example to all their space brothers and sisters ... this flag is a tiny step towards that.
edit on 30-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think it's not going to be permanent. I foresee many different flags before one is settled on for the long-haul. Look at how many countries have had god knows how many versions of their own flag (look at the US', & count how many versions we had before the current) Image representation goes through many changes.

It's a good start, and serves as a source of inspiration ATM. Whatever one may look like in 100 years is up for grabs, but I guarantee it will not be the current flag.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Agreed.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Char-Lee
You mean like your post?

Don't feed the trolls.

Not even Cookies n Milk?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't know about the milk, but I got my cookie...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nice information on the symbol of the hexagram, but there still are no triangles, and therefore no hexagram, on this flag, unless one draws them onto it themselves.

You just need to do a little reading about these symbols and you will see the connection.
www.world-mysteries.com...
www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm quite aware of the 'connection', but the fact remains that the flag in question depicts a number of interconnected circles, reminiscent of the "flower of life". It does not, in any way, depict a hexagram.

One could arbitrarily connect other points on the same flag to create any number of geometric forms, but those forms are still not present in the actual design.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

DAMN IT MAN this is alien CONTACT not a drug deal!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

WE are ALL special...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
NASA does many things that appear to be real but are not real. Drawings. Editing out of UFOs, misdirection of attention, even perhaps a Moon landing adjustment.

This flag is pathetic and I'll tell you why. Because the design has been taken. It is a knock-off of united nations with the circle of stars. Also the design is skewed, some lines seem deliberately un-parallelled, why?

I really don't like the color. I am sick of that shade of blue used everywhere; aliens are going to come back and think Martha Stewart or Mark of the Beast Zuckerberg rules the planet. We have enough of it in the sky and the water that we don't need anymore blue and white. What happens if we find alien life and they are colorblind about the color blue? Perhaps colors of the spectrum might represent the ideals better? Humans have red in their blood.

The colors don't represent humanity, or, they represent humanity poorly, only focusing on one preferential design over the others. The vedic myths describe their space-dieties as having blue skin. Blue is the color of sky and air, and "space" is neither sky nor air. It doesn't do anything for the origin of NASA astronauts either.

To truly represent you need some yellow in that flag to associate with the sun, and a proportional solar system glyph, maybe on a band along one edge of the flag; you need some brown to associate with the dirt. Blue is good, yet also you need green, and red, and white for clouds. It has to be a glyph that can be carved in rock.

I'm very big for the symbology Sagan adapted to create a pattern on a gold plate they called a "Pioneer pack" showing representative ratios. I think it would be awesome if we could ripoff a Leonardo DaVinci cosmic man for the symbol, instead of generic geometry. We are humans in space, not quite Earthlings, so we need a symbol to identify with as humans in comparison to the other space possible people out there. How about at least a human hand? (even though the 12 fingered people might be offended)

Also I'm angry at the proportion of the flag in an oblong square. Why not a regular square for that circular geometry? Why not a triangle to denote non-earth conditioned proportions, and to achieve a sense of direction? Why not rip it off straight from Star Trek? We have half the planet understanding that symbol already.

Also that space suit in the demonstration picture is way too big for that lady.
edit on 30-5-2015 by GoldenSyrup because: extra feelings

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

One could arbitrarily connect other points on the same flag to create any number of geometric forms, but those forms are still not present in the actual design.

So in other words, yes it is there... But it's not there.

Reminds me of the Mandarin (Ironman III):

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I saw no goetic symbol close to it,the one that looks like a Maltese cross is CLOSE but a poor representative.
Isn't the HUMAN form a standard star anyway?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So in other words, yes it is there... But it's not there.

It most certainly is not there. If you disagree, then please show me on the original, unedited design of that flag, where the six straight lines forming a hexagram are.

Just because you can play connect-the-dots with arbitrarily chosen points, does not change the fact that the flag depicts a number of circles, and nothing more.
edit on 5/30/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It most certainly is not there.

One could arbitrarily connect other points on the same flag to create any number of geometric forms

Your arguments are going like the flag: in circles.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This is going like the flag: in circles.

Finally, something we can agree on! Lol

....aaaand you edited your post... Now I want my star back.
edit on 5/30/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join