It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More NASA social conditioning........

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: Char-Lee

Wow you are right. Never thought of this.
Nasa is is hiding aliens.
cheers

If I were them and I found sentient life on ceres i would try and hide it. People are so stupid and scared they would start killing themselves and each other because of their fear!

...Cheers

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I don't understand why people think we are being conditioned. If there was something there to see they didn't want us to see, you wouldn't see it. If they wanted you to see something that wasn't there, you would see it.

Goes for all pictures they release. What would be the point?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
As I've stated before NASA doesn't allow a single item in the Cape's gift shot to show the shape of or mention the term "UFO." Those guys either have no sense of humor or have an agenda.

Yes, they have a agenda - to push science, not silly made up UFO stories!

if they did sell UFO nonsense you would claim that is evidence of NASA covering up UFO's!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Aliensun
As I've stated before NASA doesn't allow a single item in the Cape's gift shot to show the shape of or mention the term "UFO." Those guys either have no sense of humor or have an agenda.

Yes, they have a agenda - to push science, not silly made up UFO stories!

if they did sell UFO nonsense you would claim that is evidence of NASA covering up UFO's!

ROFLMAO! Silly made up UFO stories? Back before the clamping down on disclosing details of cases became the norm , our own military publically proclaimed some UFO's to be interplanetary space craft, to say nothing of all the rest.

Those who think they are all just silly minded nonsense are a very, very tiny minority of people.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

ROFLMAO! Silly made up UFO stories? Back before the clamping down on disclosing details of cases became the norm , our own military publically proclaimed some UFO's to be interplanetary space craft, to say nothing of all the rest.

Wrong on several counts. First, the military generally classified sightings of unidentified aircraft by military pilots to prevent "the enemy," whoever it was at the time, from finding out that it has spotted their newest aircraft. There has never been a "clamping down" on civilian reports, as a single mouse click can prove to you. People actually make a living by exploiting the details of UFO sightings. No-one's military, except possibly Brazil's, has ever "proclaimed some UFOs to be interplanetary space craft." You are welcome to provide a documented example to prove me wrong.

Those who think they are all just silly minded nonsense are a very, very tiny minority of people.

Reality is not a popularity contest. Even if the overwhelming majority of people believe something, it may still be silly nonsense. I am too polite to point out the obvious example.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I think they're referring to the Project Sign's estimate of the Situation.

Back in 1948, the USAF group concluded that UFO reports were caused by interplanetary vehicles. This is back in the days when we weren't completely sure that Mars was a dead planet. Reportedly the conclusions didn't go down well so a new Estimate was penned that's more reflective of the current status quo. Essentially, 'interplanetary' was removed and a broader sentiment was presented that, although we can't explain every sighting report, whatever they are don't present a threat to national security.

One of the guys involved in the initial 'estimate' was USAF Colonel McCoy. In a separate document from roughly the same period, he made these points:

7. All information that has been made available to this Headquarters
indicates that the discs, the cigar shaped objects, and the "balls of light"
are not of domestic origin. Engineering investigation indicates that disc
or wingless aircraft could support themselves in flight by aerodynamic means.
It is probable that the problems of stability and control could also be
solved for such aircraft. However, according to current aerodynamic theory
in this country, aircraft with such configurations would have relatively
poor climb, altitude and range characteristics with power plants now in use.

8. The possibility that the reported objects are vehicles from another
planet has not been ignored. However, tangible evidence to support con
clusions about such a possibility are completely lacking. The occurrence
of incidents in relation to the approach to the earth of the planets Mercury,
Venus and Mars have been plotted. A periodic variation in the frequency of
incidents, which appears to have some relation to the planet approach curves
is noted, but it may be purely a coincidence.
McCoy memo

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Not exactly a "proclamation," is it?
edit on 31-5-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The Gov lies like a sidewalk...

And remember kids 'Don't Steal' the Gov also hates competition.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

So by your logic if someone lies once they always lie and everybody in their family lies too.

I never said that, I wouldn't say it because it is actually illogical, and I attempt to recognize logical fallacies when I can, they are used often by certain types on here.

However, I would say, if someone or some organization lies once you can never TRUST them again, though they may never lie again. Understand the distinction?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: wmd_2008

Right, and the site motto is neither "believe everything the government tells you".

Of course the government is not always lying.

Do they lie sometimes?

Do they omit truths?

The best lies are wrapped in truths.

LOOK how long you argued over an OBVIOUS lens flare on your other thread!

You have conditioned yourself NEVER to believe anything it seems!

I believe the title of my thread went like this: "Can anyone identify..........?"

So out of the gate I was admitting I needed help with a question, admitting a lack of knowledge, something some on here seem loathe to do, and isn't that what ATS is all about - asking questions and discussing issues?

And as for the lens flare, I discounted that explanation because the so called "lens flare" clearly went behind the clouds, which seemed contrary to the definition of something originating from the lens...........a maybe flawed but not unreasonable supposition.....

So anyway, are you comparing me on ATS, just a regular Joe searching for knowledge, with one of the largest scientific organizations in the world, NASA? You're saying when I make an honest mistake its the same type of disinformation or social conditioning that I accused NASA of in the OP? Is that a backhanded compliment?

edit on 31-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So this really comes down to trust levels huh? If your kid lied to you that's it? For the rest of their lives they are never to be trusted again. I get it. Ok.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

So this really comes down to trust levels huh? If your kid lied to you that's it? For the rest of their lives they are never to be trusted again. I get it. Ok.

So you are going to equate the knowledge/responsibility/ethics of a government organization with that of a child? I would actually trust a child usually over a government organization.

But of course kids are not perfect and not born into the world perfect in terms of knowledge, it is a parents job to teach and guide children, and they say a human brain is developing until age 25. If I had a child under 25 who was lying to me and I knew it, I would try to get them to see how destructive lying is and I would give them more chances if I thought they understood what I was trying to impart to them, if they told me a lie over 25, no, I might not ever trust them again but I would still love them.

Of course that forgiveness would not extend to a government organization which should know better and is not just one person and whose salaries I'm paying. Of course that does not mean honest mistakes should not be forgiven, everyone makes mistakes. But lying or omitting information such as the existence of an ET interaction with earth can not be forgiven, such people are traitors to their fellow man and long jail terms are well-deserved once the truth comes out for them or anyone who knowingly abetted such lies. Know anyone who fits that description?

edit on 31-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

edit on 31-5-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

a reply to: wmd_2008

Right, and the site motto is neither "believe everything the government tells you".

Of course the government is not always lying.

Do they lie sometimes?

Do they omit truths?

The best lies are wrapped in truths.

LOOK how long you argued over an OBVIOUS lens flare on your other thread!

You have conditioned yourself NEVER to believe anything it seems!

I believe the title of my thread went like this: "Can anyone identify..........?"

So out of the gate I was admitting I needed help with a question, admitting a lack of knowledge, something some on here seem loathe to do, and isn't that what ATS is all about - asking questions and discussing issues?

And as for the lens flare, I discounted that explanation because the so called "lens flare" clearly went behind the clouds, which seemed contrary to the definition of something originating from the lens...........a maybe flawed but not unreasonable supposition.....

So anyway, are you comparing me on ATS, just a regular Joe searching for knowledge, with one of the largest scientific organizations in the world, NASA? You're saying when I make an honest mistake its the same type of disinformation or social conditioning that I accused NASA of in the OP? Is that a backhanded compliment?

You were given an explanation VERY quickly something that if you put as much effort into checking AS YOU do into claiming things about NASA you would have found out was the answer.

It was due to contrast levels something that YOU will have seen many times but like many on here although these things happen in the REAL world around them they NEVER SEE THEM.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with asking a question, unless you have no intention whatsoever of listening to the answer.

If you ask a question and get reasonably argued, logical, evidence supported explanations for something and opt instead for an explanation with no supporting evidence or that makes no logical sense, then there was no point in asking the question - you had already decided on the answer you wanted.

You asked "can anyone identify...?". People did. You didn't like it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It is possible and is not impossible, yet when NASA presented us with their little vote on what we thought was going on with those lights on CERES, alien activity was not even a choice!

Sure its possible and being that NASA has a lot of gov't and corporate associations , their is also a likely hood that they might not be forthcoming with certain findings.

However, what I find interesting is that some conclude that its possible for Aliens to exist every-time an anomaly is discovered, versus NASA trying to avoid the Giorgio A. Tsoukalos cry wolf syndrome.

I also find it interesting that either way NASA will be on the losing end. If NASA comes out and says this could be Alien technology than they would be accused of generating attention in order to secure funding.

I'm personally sick and tired of HYPE and no follow through like in every UFO documentary promising to release new evidence that is earth shattering. I personally would rather hear just the facts and actual discoveries without the sales HYPE.

edit on 27731America/ChicagoWed, 01 Jul 2015 08:27:47 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join