It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 New Sci-Fi TV Shows in 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
www.scified.com...

1. Fear The Walking Dead : Prequal to the walking dead , that actually sounds more appealing than the actual walking dead.

2. Minority Report : Yep , like the movie

3. Limitless: Yep, like the movie

4. Humans : synthetic human servants and interactions with them.

5. Westworld : Yep, like the movie

Although it appears promissing I think hollywood is suffering from inbreeding talent.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A new Star Trek series would make me happy.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
#1 for me. I love the "how it went down" stories a lot. It touches closer to home to see the immediate reactions, interpersonal fallout etc...I look more forward to that then just endless hack n slash and character degeneration taking place in the present series

a reply to: interupt42

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh gawd...as much as I love Star Trek...Im not sure I can take another one without Roddenberry reply to: scrog77

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I want Firefly & Babylon 5 back......( sobbing into beverage)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but a series based off of World War Z, the actual novel, would be interesting. For those who know the novel, it's a series of vignettes that tell the story of the Zombie Apocalypse and how humans learn to turn back from the brink and eventually triumph. It's told in the early years post war. It can't be too long after as the canine vets of the war are still alive although most are ancient in age, somewhat like our own WWII vets.

So imagine a series that uses different characters, different situations and even different areas of the world with every episode to tell the story of the zombie apocalypse. Instead of watching your favorite characters every week, you watch the bigger picture of how the globe and humanity, itself, learns to either pull together and fight back or fragment and die.

A Twilight Zone with zombies sort of thing.
edit on 28-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I want Firefly & Babylon 5 back......( sobbing into beverage)

Anything by their creators. I'm with you Wawwwwwwww.

I am sick to death of bad makerovers with bad, really bad writing and blowing stuff up.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Walking dead was a big disapointment for me . They basically used a drama template with signs that says insert sci fi here on a few places.

They really need to create a new genre for these walking dead type shows. They are about 99% drama and 1% sci fi. Maybe Drama-Fi ?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Theres a new TV show called 'Mr Robot'

Pilot aired last night and i saw it... its damn good (and i dont say that about TV shows usually). Its about gifted hackers vs the 1% world elite!
Christian Slater is in it.... need i say more

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I am sick to death of bad makerovers with bad, really bad writing and blowing stuff up.

I'm also tired of the sci- fi tease and th 99% drama and even worse the 95% filler until the last 5 minutes of the show. Damn Lost , You could have watched the compete series in a couple of hours if you only watched the last 5 minutes of every show and you wouldn't have missed a thing.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Maybe it's just me, but a series based off of World War Z, the actual novel, would be interesting. For those who know the novel, it's a series of vignettes that tell the story of the Zombie Apocalypse and how humans learn to turn back from the brink and eventually triumph. It's told in the early years post war. It can't be too long after as the canine vets of the war are still alive although most are ancient in age, somewhat like our own WWII vets.

A Twilight Zone with zombies sort of thing.

I think that would work. The BBC once did "Day of the Triffids" something like that - following a group of survivors escaping the mainland UK to reach an island.

I'd love to see Judge Dredd the series. Given the immense population of Mega City 1, every episode could be different. Like the family who had lived on a landcrawler all their lives and whose kids had never set foot on solid earth.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
why do they fear trying new things.
have a show on a kurzweilian future vision, or maybe a sci-fi show about terraforming and early colonization of mars, etc.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Cool , I will check it out. Thanks

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Another angle they could take with it would be "Walker Stories." Use the backdrop of the zombie apocalypse and the crumbing of society at various points, and use the gimmick of telling the story of a different Walker every episode.

They did it on the Internet with the original crawling zombie Rick encounters in the park very early on in the series. She was a pathetic half a corpse just crawling and wheezing. They showed how she got there in a series of webisodes that showed her world collapsing around her. In the end, she was bitten trying to get a car started to escape with her two children, and rather than let a hoarde close in on the three of them, she sacrifices herself to give them a chance to run off and escape. She is then torn to pieces by the hoarde which is how she got to be in half.

Another gimmick they could use is to branch the episodes by putting a hidden Easter egg hint of the next episode into the one being watched sort of like Pixar does.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Theres a new TV show called 'Mr Robot'

Pilot aired last night and i saw it... its damn good (and i dont say that about TV shows usually). Its about gifted hackers vs the 1% world elite!
Christian Slater is in it.... need i say more

There was a show last year that didn't get renewed "Almost Human" that I really liked rather along the lines of Asimovs Robot stories - made me smile. Good old fashioned sci fi not apocolyptic fantasy.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty excited for the SyFy miniseries of Childhood's End. They've done well with miniseries in the past, so my hopes are pretty high. It's one if my favorite books.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I'm pretty excited for the SyFy miniseries of Childhood's End. They've done well with miniseries in the past, so my hopes are pretty high. It's one if my favorite books.

SyFy's going to have to come up with something really good before I watch any of their stuff again. I'm still pissed at them for cancelling Sanctuary.
Defiance almost hooked me, but I lost interest after a few episodes. Good idea, but not that enthralling in the writing.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Their series always lose me pretty quickly. I was excited when they had the spin-off of Legion, titled Dominion, but even that couldn't hold me.

However, their adaptations of Dune and Children of Dune and the original pieces of Taken and Ascension were pretty well done.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am most excited about Humans. I am a huge fan of the Swedish show Real Humans that it is based on.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ever since the channel changed hands about four years ago (and changed from Sci Fi to SyFy - really) and the owner decided not 'to have shows in space', the channel has steadily gone down hill.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join