It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 New Sci-Fi TV Shows in 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A World War Z series would be awesome (if based on book, not the crappy movie that only shared the title).

Of those 5 (original post), only the Walking Dead spinoff is going to last.

Minority Report will likely make it the whole season, but not further.

The rest, will last only a handful of episodes.

I'd love to see them pick up Firefly or Babylon 5 (or anything new from those creators).

As for Mr. Robot, given Slater's TV track record, I wouldn't expect this one to last long either. I like him, but seems his shows are cursed or something. The title isn't going to help this one either. Who greenlighted that title?

I'm actually liking Wayward Pines so far. I miss the V reboot they did though. Had real potential, especially with the last episode. And that chick really gave the old series' Diana a run for her money in the sexy lizard category. (as well as her daughter, played by Sci-Fi actress Laura Vandervoot, who is even more gorgeous in person).
edit on 3-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Just the other day a sci fi buff family member was telling me about how world war z would make a good series, and I agree. I enjoyed the movie but I also didn't read the book .

I kind of feel the same about the other shows and so Far Wayward pines especially the ending of 3 was great. I just hope they don't cancel it because it has the right ingredients to be cancelled: Plot, great actors, and a budget. The other recipe for cancellation is its not another cop show or does it appear to be based on 99% drama and characters interaction , versus actual sci fi (looking at you walking dead).

In regards to the walking dead spin-off: That actually appeals more to me than the actual walking dead which is really a drama with little to any sci fi substance. Hopefully it will cover more sci fi and canter around how it happened than character conflicts.

edit on 59630America/ChicagoWed, 03 Jun 2015 16:59:17 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

My wife keyed me up to some new show she wanted to watch called The Whispers. All she said was that "it's about aliens talking to kids or something" and I was on board.

About half way through the first episode I said that it reminded me of an old Bradbury short story. Looked it up on Wikipedia, and sure enough it's based off "Zero Hour" in The Illustrated Man.

The first episode was pretty good though.

Yeah, that's been interesting so far. The first episode was sort of so-so, but it's picking up. I'm just worried since it's an M. Night Shyamalan venture it'll wind up being disappointing in the end.

a reply to: Gazrok

I'm not so sure about Fear The Walking Dead lasting too long. Seems that, Law & Order/CSI aside, spin offs from popular shows never fair as well while the original series is still airing.

As far as Slater goes, he has been pretty great in Archer. But yeah, I thought that was going to be the kiss of death for the show. The same goes for almost any show that James Van Der Beek has been in the last few years - doesn't make it too long before getting the axe.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Yeah, I read about the The Whispers the other day, looked good but haven't had a chance to get around to watch it. Funny you mentioned the zero hour, as I just started watching it last week and I'm on episode 5.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Same title, different concept.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I watched a little bit of the Whispers. Looks good. I have to finish the episode. I just don't get how some of the kids in these cases don't just use a bit of common sense. (saw the same thing in Amityville Horror). You don't have to actually DO everything a ghost kid tells you to do, you know?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wayward Pines is really shaping up. I guess it's only slated to be a 10 episode story, so almost halfway through.

SPOILER ALERT (guesses only though)

I know it's based on books, so trying to avoid the temptation to find out what's going on (and the show may divert from them anyhow, so better not to know). My guess is that outside the town is nothing (either post-apocalyptic or some kind of purgatory thing). (i.e. some kind of creatures out there, like what took the Sheriff's body). So the wall is to both keep the town in, but keep those things out too.

People seem to be differently affected by time, some coming to town thinking it is a different year, so this supports the purgatory idea. One thing is certain. The scenes we see that take place outside the town...are way in the past. They are trying to fool us into thinking they are concurrent.

Simple clue to this. The chick just got to town (his wife), yet when he finds the car, it is covered in like an inch of dust (and his wife has a few more gray hairs, if you look close like I do). So his wife and kid got there ages ago, but were just now released (and they don't know of any time lapse). So, either time works differently here (like LOST purgatory style), or some kind of suspended animation thing going on. (aliens?) It is M. Night after all. Hell, maybe the town is actually on an alien planet, and they are just studying them? Lots of cool potential here (as long as it ISN'T purgatory....too done)....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wayward Pines finally gave some answers.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Didn't hear about this one until just today: Killjoys

Killjoys follows a fun-loving, hard living trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multi-planetary class war. From Temple Street Productions, the producers of Orphan Black, and writer and showrunner Michelle Lovretta, creator of Lost Girl, the original, 10-episode Syfy series stars Hannah John-Kamen (Black Mirror), Luke Macfarlane (Brothers & Sisters) and Aaron Ashmore (Warehouse 13).

Killjoys will air on SyFy at 9pm on Fridays starting this week.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'll give it a shot because of one of the Ashmore twins. They pick good projects, and do good work. (and seemed hella nice in person, though I can't tell them apart at all)....

Yeah, Wayward Pines really spilled the beans in the last episode. Thought they'd draw it out a bit more, yikes. I didn't see all of that coming though....

SPOILER ALERT

I think they are seriously underestimating how things would break down though. If those cars in the wall were really THAT old, they'd be mostly rotted, not just dusty. Even assuming they were all "classics" when the town was made, the minimum age of the town would have most homes having serious repair issues after so many years. Oh well, sometimes, you just have to throw logic out the window in sci-fi.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join