It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minds So Infinitely Small.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

None of us have minds, either small or large. This is what I mean by infinitely small, and I'm glad you picked up on it. It's no longer an insult and becomes a joke.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
How can a mind be infinitely small??? I can understand a mind being infinitely big - the mind would exist and be, well, big. But if infinitely small it would soon get so small as not to exist and hence no mind to be big or snall.

Because this thread is a reflection of a self mental masturbator, who philosophies and judges, but does not experience.

Look at the authors previous threads, all P&M forum, all mental waste, a lot of demeaning and "there is no spirit or higher self", small minds, blah.

A philosophical troll, with too much time on their hands, not enough of it goes to internal practices to actually find truth.

As one gent in this thread put it, it's from being scared of confronting the hard truth. Material is secondary in this universe.
Consciousness is primary, and the reason there is creation, otherwise, why would there be a universe if nothing were to be aware of its experience within bodies that have senses to experience such?

LesMisanthrope, you need some serious self time and practice what you preach. Philosophy is entertaining your mental structure, but not building on it through experience to expand such a thing.

Try that, and maybe your mind becomes infinitely enormous. You have spent way too much time on these boards trying to convince yourself of a mundane reality.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Although I responded to you, I did so with awareness that you have poor soil, and that nothing I said will take root. I was correct in my assessment. That's something that no one can fix, save yourself.

More smugness. I am guessing that you would be bored with mere parlor tricks. You want some real proof, eh?

Forget it.

You call a truthful utterance 'cliché'. Of course you do. My offering was not original enough, for your short suited mind. This simple truth is over used, by your offhand demarcation. Very well. I will repeat it for you:

You reap what you sow.

Here is a new word for you: metaphor.

Until you learn the applications of the word 'metaphor',
I won't bore you with such trivialities as how the cosmos operates.

You are the spoiled child who prefers Kindergarten over progressing to 1st grade, and forever. As time passes, you become an adult. Those pretty alphabet characters still surrounding you on the walls are even more alluring to you as you inexorably grasp that now, as an adult, surrounded by children, you can use these characters to assemble words and syntax which will create a fan base of malleable minds which will be impressed with your pompousness and lack of imagination. That is the summation of your literary genius, only you will never know it on account that you have learned some HTML skills, have read some books, and memorized some Latin clichés (of course), and that is just enough. Enough for you, with a mind so infinitesimally small. Well, now you know.

# 447

That was beautifully said my friend. Very nice.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Because this thread is a reflection of a self mental masturbator, who philosophies and judges, but does not experience.

Look at the authors previous threads, all P&M forum, all mental waste, a lot of demeaning and "there is no spirit or higher self", small minds, blah.

A philosophical troll, with too much time on their hands, not enough of it goes to internal practices to actually find truth.

As one gent in this thread put it, it's from being scared of confronting the hard truth. Material is secondary in this universe.
Consciousness is primary, and the reason there is creation, otherwise, why would there be a universe if nothing were to be aware of its experience within bodies that have senses to experience such?

LesMisanthrope, you need some serious self time and practice what you preach. Philosophy is entertaining your mental structure, but not building on it through experience to expand such a thing.

Try that, and maybe your mind becomes infinitely enormous. You have spent way too much time on these boards trying to convince yourself of a mundane reality.

Luckily for me I don't value your opinion in the slightest. Anyone who derives such conclusions from a piece of writing reveals himself to be a fraud. It's like if I were to imagine you were still a child by reading your poetry. I would be wrong, of course, because anyone can write bad poetry.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Thanks for the compliment, I do get the pointers you gave me in the previous post, it just I'm more or less looking for something that would more or less revitalize my spiritual interests, or something that more energetic in practice, hands on sort of speak, and not so damned mysterious.

I was foolish kid back then, an was no different then a Dog off it leash chasing tires or anything that moved. And when I did, I'd have my fun by chewing the crap out of it and spitting it back out, finding out it wasn't worth chewing after all.

I did learn the practice of Mental Quiescence on my own, without much instruction from any one or a particular religion other then their presentful main ideologies. Like the Buddhist Nirvana, Yin an Yang being in harmony, or even Christ for that matter, where he was depicted as a clam, cooled person in some respects. Its a very refreshing feeling, especially if one screwed with their brain too much believing other follied practices a little too much, like the third eye.

Your Mara comment reminded me of how the Azuras were depicted, being motivated by such trival things, like Envy, Greed or Wrath and how consuming, or even obsessive. Like a giant two headed Orge, I'd name TweedleDee and TweedleDum, that have no mental balance at all, where their brain are at a constant tug of war over the body..

Don't know how to really respond to the post, but it kind of sums it for the little time I have to write this today.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Luckily for me I don't value your opinion in the slightest. Anyone who derives such conclusions from a piece of writing reveals himself to be a fraud. It's like if I were to imagine you were still a child by reading your poetry. I would be wrong, of course, because anyone can write bad poetry.

You prove my point, an example of yourself and the trash demeaning posts you continue to add.

Mental waste bucket.

My poetry is bad? Please, go show ats what good poetry is. I got a lot of nice feedback and U2U, as well as posted it on other sites people enjoyed it too.

I made that poetry on the spot. Didn't take me hours of thought to create, so I'm not offended in the least.

Here's an award

For being the most dodgy and demeaning poster I've seen reptitivly, especially on the P&M board.

Sadly, that may be the only award you get

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

None of us have minds, either small or large. This is what I mean by infinitely small, and I'm glad you picked up on it. It's no longer an insult and becomes a joke.

Speaking for yourself only?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

A whole lot of swings and misses, friend.

Call my posts trash and waste, call me a mental masturbator, call me dodgy, and hypocritically, in the same hate-laced post, call me demeaning—whatever makes you feel better about yourself—but I can see plain as day this is the extent of your wisdom and experience.

What's hilarious to me is the amount of time you and others spend grovelling in my trash, waste and excrement, and sit and watch for perhaps too long while I mentally masturbate all over you. You seem to blame me for this.

Stop looking. Divert your gaze. Don't play in the trash. Simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A whole lot of swings and misses, friend.

Call my posts trash and waste, call me a mental masturbator, call me dodgy, and hypocritically, in the same hate-laced post, call me demeaning—whatever makes you feel better about yourself—but I can see plain as day this is the extent of your wisdom and experience.

What's hilarious to me is the amount of time you and others spend grovelling in my trash, waste and excrement, and sit and watch for perhaps too long while I mentally masturbate all over you. You seem to blame me for this.

Stop looking. Divert your gaze. Don't play in the trash. Simple.

Lol. That was a weak "victim-card". Do you even reread the things you publicly post? Do you hear yourself? Hate-laced? Nice try giving more false perceptions on ats..

Reflect on yourself.

You are dodgy. You are a hypocritical from many posts I've read. Mental masturbation, is exercising thought forms and reptitivly pushing them on everyone. Too involved getting off to your own ideas and concepts while shunning a lot of others because it doesn't fit within your infinitesimally small mind.

Again, read over your past input on ats, you might see what I'm saying. But self reflection can be a bi*ch eh? Most won't look, unbiased.

You sugar coat, while being condescending to other members, in the history of your time here. That's garbage imo.

But your right, most of your posts are s*it

I'm done communication with you on these boards.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Lol. That was a weak "victim-card". Do you even reread the things you publicly post? Do you hear yourself? Hate-laced? Nice try giving more false perceptions on ats..

Reflect on yourself.

You are dodgy. You are a hypocritical from many posts I've read. Mental masturbation, is exercising thought forms and reptitivly pushing them on everyone. Too involved getting off to your own ideas and concepts while shunning a lot of others because it doesn't fit within your infinitesimally small mind.

Again, read over your past input on ats, you might see what I'm saying. But self reflection can be a bi*ch eh? Most won't look, unbiased.

You sugar coat, while being condescending to other members, in the history of your time here. That's garbage imo.

But your right, most of your posts are s*it

I'm done communication with you on these boards.

Take care.

Aah yes more names and banal opinions, and, in a typically mediocre fashion, nothing but hate and fallacy. The extent of your wisdom keeps revealing itself. I wonder if it is your spirit that I should laugh at or your body? Either way, one of them is offering me the greatest gift, your silence, which is exactly what I want. Thank you, kindly.

Farewell

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What's a joke is you expecting us to read your intent through riddles.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Ah, your path may not be exactly the same as my own, but it is because of the underlying framework of reality that it all falls on, what you speak of is very similar in experience even off the framework.

I think of reality as the basic foundation from which everything else arises, there isn't any good or bad in this arising off the framework except in the way people personally conceive it.

The asuras you mention; In Buddhism, are the demigods and gods titan realm or spoke segment on the wheel depicted in the Bhavacakra always warring out of greed and hate ignorantly chasing power and control. Hungry ghosts; are those fixated on something like it's a drug, that they can't get enough of etc. through the rest of the spokes... many religions have such iconography with various names... but they are basically the same mentalities people can have just personified to represent them. We do the same thing with words like hippie etc. a short cut to someones personality... though it's typically far from the core of who the person really is, that they don't even know and likely won't figure out any time soon.

Thanks for sharing some of your journey Specimen...

Since others read these too... The above is also why; there is so much cognitive dissonance, and why life gets called a dream within a dream. It's actually multiple personal realities all living off of the basic reality from which all else springs.

There is one world and one reality in the purest form... add 7 billion people and you get 7 billion different worlds and 7 billion different realities, that can't see it's actual form in the slightest, in a 'can't see the forest for all the trees situation.

This is why the ego or self is something to be called under scrutiny; it snaps a person out of the self centered world revolves around them bubble... so they can get a glimpse of the larger picture. This practice doesn't even have to come from a religious source there's a cultural meme called 1st world problems; that points to the same principle of looking beyond ones own experience for a clearer view of the world... looking beyond every view of the world is awakening to reality. Not clinging to any general or specific view in the world is actually living reality.

Occam's razor is what we all operate on; slicing and dicing the world into many different personal views... few of which actually exist, it's personal correlations mistaken with actual causation. Sure there are many created systems that have created causation... and can seem very real and tangible and in the system they were created for are very real. Like mathematics, religion, science etc. just because we have an extremely well developed concept that can prove factual to that system of discrimination and discernment... that does not mean it is actual to reality outside of the conceptual system it was created in or to work for.

Constellations are a great example of a conceptual system, taken as reality when it only exists and works due to the frame work it was build on and off of... but it is an ignorant science, outside of actual reality. Constellational reality says there's a big dipper, actual reality says no such thing as a big dipper exists; that's simply what we have decided to quantify and label it as... it becomes an accepted reality to many, instead of the actual reality that is. We have many many many concepts such as constellations in the world, that are not actually reality that people define as reality and existing... when they exist no where else except outside of concept and the practicing thereof.

This practice of making concepts a reality via quantification... may be considered a reality; but it is not truly reality in and of itself. Something is what it is; until we try to quantify and label it... when we measure or quantify it? It becomes something else: Indeed an existing reality to be talked about argued and discussed; but it's only in a conceptual virtual reality that is being discussed. This is the dream within a dream reality; it is one many make and live from cradle to grave not ever knowing or recognizing actual untouched reality; when they see it, smell it, taste it, touch it or hear it. They look up and see the big dipper... instead of looking up and just experiencing it as it is. The awe and beauty naturally present gets replaced by quantification, embracing quiescence brings all of this quantification we've been doing for 1000's of years back into balance... where one can just experience and not have an internal quantification dialogue clouding the experience, of whatever it is in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong... there is a use to quantification, we know that all to well. The curious part is; when we have gotten so used to this constant quantification, that we can see no use for quiescence or seeing reality directly as it is... when it is the undefined, the hidden, the mysterious yet to be uncovered and already there existing under that already covered. The key words here are: we currently have NO USE for anything, until something is defined and quantified... this is why so much is just taken for granted. Many say: If something doesn't have a use, then what good is it? This idea that something must have a use, to be good or worthwhile... is why we find ourselves in many dilemmas and problems faced in humanity. It's why we are constantly running around out digging crap out of the ground and putting our opposable thumbs to work as a human purpose... it is out of a want not a need, no matter how much we try to convince ourselves otherwise? It is not reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Call my posts trash and waste, call me a mental masturbator, call me dodgy

People are always handing out such gifts... acceptance or argument for or against them? Optional.

Of course; either just moves the debate into a realm personal in nature... where one has to defend or uphold something, that is essentially meaningless... uphold one's own personal delusional self quantification against some others delusional quantification of ones being. This whole process just creates a dis-chord, when one logically and rationally should not even exist... because neither side of the argument in the end is reality.

He, she, they... said mean things to me and hurt me, and I may have I said mean things that hurt them... but meant it as a joke; that was possibly too inside or ironic for many or any to get, Tit for tat spats in a field of conceptual ideas one clings to as a tangible existing self... are honestly, a very curious thing to witness these days.

All fighting and spats to me have become like; two pre-teen boys fighting over a tampon. It seriously doesn't make any sense whatsoever... without some shared delusion of it being white dynamite.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Gravity doesn't make much sense either. Two planets fighting over a tampon.

Some people are so drawn to something that they must convince themselves it is ugly in order to stop themselves. In the end, their negation brings them even closer to it. Spats are the same in this way.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Gravity doesn't make much sense either. Two planets fighting over a tampon.

Some people are so drawn to something that they must convince themselves it is ugly in order to stop themselves. In the end, their negation brings them even closer to it. Spats are the same in this way.

Gravity makes a ton of sense when you remove the concept of it being a bar magnet, and look at primer fields... in any case, I know that is not what you wanted to discuss. Cognitive dissonance has many modus operandi, if what one says does not fit in any of the 7 billion plus realities? You're on your own. So much doesn't fit or agree even in basic forms from person to person... it can be hard for many people to even find a compatible partner to have a relationship with. Expecting logic and reason skipping in hand and hand merrily along in a place designed for debating like ATS? Even more of a futility, no expectations? No problem

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

That's why I love it. Echo chambers are so stuffy, and remind me of monasteries.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

That's why I love it. Echo chambers are so stuffy, and remind me of monasteries.

I understand... yes men, only provide a mirror of ones own insight.

Glad to see you are here, as a challenge to yourself... instead of hunting for affirmations that allow one to quit looking.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Some things cannot easily be answered yet. But how can everyone be right about such things? If person A says Jesus Christ is hte truth and person B says Allah is the truth, can they both be right? Can all the philosophers be equally right? Can all the spiritualists be equally right?

What does it mean if everybody is right about the things which we cannot provide easy empirical answers? Because I'm led to believe people must be right. They tell me they KNOW and that's the end of it.

What if I say the reason I'm not feeling well is because of XYZ and easy empirical answers aren't available? Must I be right? Reason suggests no. My judgements can be wrong, no matter how strongly I profess them.

My own reasoning can be wrong. Superstitions and hallucinations and all variety of insanity are commonly known to be wrong, or at least irrational. Yet Allah and Jesus Christ are equally right? How does a religious person get a free ticket to believe whatever they want, while others in many circumstances do not and are judged insane or disordered?

What's our measuring stick for determining whether someone is wrong?

What if the people who claim to KNOW are wrong? Or maybe only a few of us possess the truth? Maybe only one religion is the right one? And yet how do we know? Is Allah the one true god? How do we know? I wouldn't want to be the sucker who believed in Osiris and then discovered it was BS.

It's a minefield, I swear!

Hey maybe I'll just stop caring about whether something is the truth or not. Maybe everything is true. It could be we define our reality by our choices and faiths we grow. And maybe solipsism is right. Maybe I'm the only true consciousness in this reality-matrix and whatever I choose to believe or do shapes the past, present and future - enabling all possibilities. Kind of like a dream: No matter what happens, it just falls into place.

The only thing I can claim with certainty to exist is myself. Yet by extension I also believe I cannot exist alone. I do not believe something comes from nothing. Therefore, I don't believe solipsism is the best explanation. Ever since I can remember I used to wonder about this. I knew I existed, but I couldn't accept ONLY myself existed. There HAD to be something else. Then I'd have a feeling which is divinely inspired, but it would quickly pass. The general belief I have is reality is larger than myself.

What's that larger reality? Unsure. Hence, it's a minefield out there!
edit on 12-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Useless thread, just look at platos chariot allegory.
Theres your answer.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Manula
Useless thread, just look at platos chariot allegory.
Theres your answer.

That is TOO easy (to search through Plato's extensive writings) why not make the discovery of such much harder by quoting it here (instant gratification).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join