It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minds So Infinitely Small.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Look at the chariot card in the Tarot, its platos chariot allegory, the soul being in control of the body, the higher self in command of operations.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Manula
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Look at the chariot card in the Tarot, its platos chariot allegory, the soul being in control of the body, the higher self in command of operations.

I have the Thoth deck will that work?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Some things cannot easily be answered yet. But how can everyone be right about such things? If person A says Jesus Christ is hte truth and person B says Allah is the truth, can they both be right? Can all the philosophers be equally right? Can all the spiritualists be equally right?

What does it mean if everybody is right about the things which we cannot provide easy empirical answers? Because I'm led to believe people must be right. They tell me they KNOW and that's the end of it.

What if I say the reason I'm not feeling well is because of XYZ and easy empirical answers aren't available? Must I be right? Reason suggests no. My judgements can be wrong, no matter how strongly I profess them.

My own reasoning can be wrong. Superstitions and hallucinations and all variety of insanity are commonly known to be wrong, or at least irrational. Yet Allah and Jesus Christ are equally right? How does a religious person get a free ticket to believe whatever they want, while others in many circumstances do not and are judged insane or disordered?

What's our measuring stick for determining whether someone is wrong?

What if the people who claim to KNOW are wrong? Or maybe only a few of us possess the truth? Maybe only one religion is the right one? And yet how do we know? Is Allah the one true god? How do we know? I wouldn't want to be the sucker who believed in Osiris and then discovered it was BS.

It's a minefield, I swear!

Hey maybe I'll just stop caring about whether something is the truth or not. Maybe everything is true. It could be we define our reality by our choices and faiths we grow. And maybe solipsism is right. Maybe I'm the only true consciousness in this reality-matrix and whatever I choose to believe or do shapes the past, present and future - enabling all possibilities. Kind of like a dream: No matter what happens, it just falls into place.

The only thing I can claim with certainty to exist is myself. Yet by extension I also believe I cannot exist alone. I do not believe something comes from nothing. Therefore, I don't believe solipsism is the best explanation. Ever since I can remember I used to wonder about this. I knew I existed, but I couldn't accept ONLY myself existed. There HAD to be something else. Then I'd have a feeling which is divinely inspired, but it would quickly pass. The general belief I have is reality is larger than myself.

What's that larger reality? Unsure. Hence, it's a minefield out there!

Believe everything, you'll be right half the time... deny everything, you'll also be right half the time... so what do you think occurs when there is no duality of belief or denial?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I wonder how many people thought the OP was written with
themselves in mind?

Not that I did!

Nah!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I wonder how many people thought the OP was written with
themselves in mind?
Not that I did!

Nah!

That premise is usually the reason (I know it is for me) to obtain answers from others (perceived as peers) that I question in my pursuit of the truth of things; those beliefs I question or have problems with. This is a forgiving forum. I am constantly amazed at the wisdom given back and am reassured the human has all of the correct answers.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join