It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minds So Infinitely Small.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No substance.

Feel your substance bones, flesh, blood saturated with cosmic essence.

Feel cosmos as translucent ever-living presence.

When on a bed or seat, let yourself become weightless; beyond mind.

Thinking no thing, will limited-self unlimit.

For me, LesM, feeling, intent, and activating mindlessness to open other doors, is all part and parcel of consciousness at rest and/or consciousness in action.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Existence is what is appearing to happen.
That which is happening is nothing (no substance)/emptiness and is the source and sum of all existence??

"Happening" is an event. An "event" is a process. A "process" is a series of actions. These are nothing, indeed, except for words used to describe things moving in a particular way from one point in time to another. "Happening" is a purely cerebral and abstract notion, considered and made after the fact, invented after watching things moving in a particular way. In other words, there is no happening, only things.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Feel your substance bones, flesh, blood saturated with cosmic essence.

Feel cosmos as translucent ever-living presence.

When on a bed or seat, let yourself become weightless; beyond mind.

Thinking no thing, will limited-self unlimit.

For me, LesM, feeling, intent, and activating mindlessness to open other doors, is all part and parcel of consciousness at rest and/or consciousness in action.

As you know, I have trouble with these sorts of wwords. Though beautiful sounding and poetic, they are unable to evoke in me anything other than the words and what I think they mean. My imagination, my reason, my intuition struggle upon reading them, as they do not connectand me to anything save for a dictionary, or what someone once said about them, or what you say about them. I have this trouble with all new age literature. I am an earth-bound, embodied and sensual being; and I need to be able to recognize that in what I read. We construct our imaginations out of the visceral and concrete, and when we do this it not only makes for better story-telling, but better communication.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Existence is what is appearing to happen.
That which is happening is nothing (no substance)/emptiness and is the source and sum of all existence??

"Happening" is an event. An "event" is a process. A "process" is a series of actions. These are nothing, indeed, except for words used to describe things moving in a particular way from one point in time to another. "Happening" is a purely cerebral and abstract notion, considered and made after the fact, invented after watching things moving in a particular way. In other words, there is no happening, only things.

'Happening' is just action/movement. An 'event' is separated out (a thing).
'Happening' is flowing without boundaries.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

'Happening' is just action/movement. An 'event' is separated out (a thing).
'Happening' is flowing without boundaries.

Yes. And only things act/move.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm trying to conceive of an example which is tiny enough to fit into your mind, OP.

If you want flowers, don't plant weeds.

You reap what you sow. I can barely stand to read your work, this, from the first inflated character.

Because I have good discernment, you could not pay me to absorb an entire opening post coming from you.
Not without a break. You pain is palpable. See: Your words and thoughts are seeds, and you are using them to infect fields which are beyond your infinitesimally small brain structure, namely, those fields (brains) belonging to your fan club (or Dear Readers). We are all just Jacks and Jills who have been invited for you to sensually grope as soon as the opportunity presents itself. And, surprise, those seeds take root, and grow, and the weed forests those seeds create are literally a part of your tree. That is how, and why, some persons heal everything they touch, while others merely ravage.

Debate, not truth, is the goal? I believe you. Have fun with that. I won't ask how it's working' for ya. It is apparent in each fruit that ripens, which you shamelessly proffer, and it will require a lot of effort from you in order for you to remove those roots.

# 446
edit on 29-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: I had to make it even smaller

edit on 29-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: still smaller

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

I'm trying to conceive of an example which is tiny enough to fit into your mind, OP.

Well done. I'd say you've done a pretty good job at providing me with something tiny to consider.

If you want flowers, don't plant weeds.

You reap what you sow. I can barely stand to read your work, this, from the first inflated character.

Apparently if I do not want cliché, I shouldn't read any further. But I will, just to see what kind of sowing you can reap.

Because I have good discernment, you could not pay me to absorb an entire opening post coming from you.
Not without a break. You pain is palpable. See: Your words and thoughts are seeds, and you are using them to infect fields which are beyond your infinitesimally small brain structure, namely, those fields (brains) belonging to your fan club (or Dear Readers). We are all just Jacks and Jills who have been invited for you to sensually grope as soon as the opportunity presents itself. And, surprise, those seeds take root, and grow, and the weed forests those seeds create are literally a part of your tree. That is how, and why, some persons heal everything they touch, while others merely ravage.

Debate, not truth, is the goal? I believe you. Have fun with that. I won't ask how it's working' for ya. It is apparent in each fruit that ripens, which you shamelessly proffer, and it will require a lot of effort from you in order for you to remove those roots.

# 446

Aah yes, trees, weeds, flowers, seeds. Brilliant—a botanist.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Minds So Infinitely Small.

By mind I assume you refer to the brain?
If not show me where this "Mind" exists

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Those words are a gift to you, a way forward through feeling, if you will, that which exists between an inhale and an exhale...the essence, which can be experienced as an alternate reality but only if you allow it to happen.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Although I responded to you, I did so with awareness that you have poor soil, and that nothing I said will take root. I was correct in my assessment. That's something that no one can fix, save yourself.

More smugness. I am guessing that you would be bored with mere parlor tricks. You want some real proof, eh?

Forget it.

You call a truthful utterance 'cliché'. Of course you do. My offering was not original enough, for your short suited mind. This simple truth is over used, by your offhand demarcation. Very well. I will repeat it for you:

You reap what you sow.

Here is a new word for you: metaphor.

Until you learn the applications of the word 'metaphor',
I won't bore you with such trivialities as how the cosmos operates.

You are the spoiled child who prefers Kindergarten over progressing to 1st grade, and forever. As time passes, you become an adult. Those pretty alphabet characters still surrounding you on the walls are even more alluring to you as you inexorably grasp that now, as an adult, surrounded by children, you can use these characters to assemble words and syntax which will create a fan base of malleable minds which will be impressed with your pompousness and lack of imagination. That is the summation of your literary genius, only you will never know it on account that you have learned some HTML skills, have read some books, and memorized some Latin clichés (of course), and that is just enough. Enough for you, with a mind so infinitesimally small. Well, now you know.

# 447

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Although I responded to you, I did so with awareness that you have poor soil, and that nothing I said will take root. I was correct in my assessment. That's something that no one can fix, save yourself.

More smugness. I am guessing that you would be bored with mere parlor tricks. You want some real proof, eh?

Forget it.

You call a truthful utterance 'cliché'. Of course you do. My offering was not original enough, for your short suited mind. This simple truth is over used, by your offhand demarcation. Very well. I will repeat it for you:

You reap what you sow.

Here is a new word for you: metaphor.

Until you learn the applications of the word 'metaphor',
I won't bore you with such trivialities as how the cosmos operates.

You are the spoiled child who prefers Kindergarten over progressing to 1st grade, and forever. As time passes, you become an adult. Those pretty alphabet characters still surrounding you on the walls are even more alluring to you as you inexorably grasp that now, as an adult, surrounded by children, you can use these characters to assemble words and syntax which will create a fan base of malleable minds which will be impressed with your pompousness and lack of imagination. That is the summation of your literary genius, only you will never know it on account that you have learned some HTML skills, have read some books, and memorized some Latin clichés (of course), and that is just enough. Enough for you, with a mind so infinitesimally small. Well, now you know.

I love it. Your observation skills are quite good. You've imagined my life perfectly. Though you've never set your eyes on the reality of it, you've still managed to forge "truth" out of your brilliant observations. Here I am, exposed, standing naked before the malleable minds I call my fan-base. You've shone a light on reality. You've expressed truth.

And to think, you've derived all this from reading, not once altering your gaze from a screen. I'm really quite impressed. You're an asset to this community, WhiteKnight.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Here I am, exposed, standing naked before the malleable minds I call my fan-base.

Put some clothes on you silly man ... you'll catch your death ... it is not Summer yet

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know a lot about you. One of the fruits of discernment is knowing the good from the bad. Sweet from sour. It goes much further than this but I don't want to crack your cranium. I know what's in your last sentence by reading your first. Like Bach, the whole of your symphony is contained in the first three notes. Hell, the title usually suffices to reveal your end. And I was wrong to summarize your career by the sorry lot of your plight-in-words. That description would be merciful. The summation of your efforts is basically 'outer darkness'. That is because you are literally reaping the product of your toil. But don't try to fool me into thinking that you are a king when you are too broken even to know how to beg. A wreck should be removed from the highways else it causes gawkers, or worse.

In fact, I'm going to star you prior ill-thought out post wherein you attempted to equate 'what is me' with 'small', using nothing of substance except a cloaked ad-hominem, just to get the stars flowing. My mind tells me that you were fishing for your fans to rush in and star the post which says as much. You blew through some truths in your rush to demonize me.

I know I know: everything was going really fine for you, with this thread, in the beginning, when you had zero replies and three flags. Those are your sycophants. Your minions, so to speak. That is why you thank them for reading. Mutual masturbation is fun, I'll bet. And nobody enjoys a good tug like I do. That is all we have in common: both of us have done this, albeit through different circumstances, in public.

I pray that you find the wisdom to ask for seed which yields good fruit, and that can survive soil that has been utterly corrupted by vanity, and the idea that you are 'spiritual' while you wonder about how to discover the little fellow inside that tiny brain. And you never fail to parenthesize your ruminations with sweeping insults, based on ignorance of truth which you are, apparently, immune to. Yeah. You know everyone, based on the responses to your tripe, everyone except yourself. Excuse me, but your slip is showing.

Begging is never fun. It brings the beggar squarely to terms that he is, in fact, a beggar. It's a good place to start, however, should you desire change. Books, evidently, ain't working out so well.

# 438

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The mind is boundless and unfettered. The only thing that limits it is other minds.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I am sincere in saying I really enjoyed reading that. However, the irony is you would be my very first minion. Usually others are able to suppress their irrational emotions and I can’t quite get my parasitic demons into their heads—but you my friend have built up and fostered a little demon quite nicely. It wears a slip, and gardens on its off days. Its soil is so fetid it can only grow weeds. Something fruit something something. I concede that my imagination is inferior to yours. My truth is false. But perhaps I can still help. Quick—let’s string it up like a piñata so you can take a few more swings. Anything to get some more of that prose onto the screen if you ask me. I’m serious; let’s hear some more.

Yes, all for the stars, flags and endearing fans. I hear their applause as they drape wreaths of digital suns around my neck, all while I peddle sophistry on some little corner of the internet. I’ve sold my life to the highest bidder: to whoever can click a mouse on a tiny star or flag shaped button.

Your truth is indeed bountiful, friend.

To my biggest fan, full of fruit and flowers,

LesMis

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How soon is now?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The mind is boundless and unfettered. The only thing that limits it is other minds.

Yes; they limit you as to expectation (dream into fruition your dreams) ignore other interlopers. YOU are what matters (its your heart/mind housed in a body); protect your Ego (it is what individualizes you).

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Here I am, exposed, standing naked before the malleable minds I call my fan-base.

Put some clothes on you silly man ... you'll catch your death ... it is not Summer yet

We are all naked and exposed, once we look beyond the physical.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

LesMisanthrope has a love of words, and chooses them very very carefully to make sure they convey the exact meaning Les wants them to convey. I have noticed much of Les' meanings are carefully layered and easy to lose comprehension if the period at the end of the sentence isn't used to digest the sentence. I agree only to the extent Les' Authored threads have flow issues because of that yet, I can appreciate it knowing why Les writes as Les does... as there is no skimming or speed reading what Les writes to allow one to walk away with full comprehension.

I write everything right off the top of my head, as if I was speaking it... so it reads the same way, fortunately, I can type at the same speed... unfortunately, that can cause a fragment if I stop to correct... part of the thought just doesn't get put down sometimes and I don't catch it. I have a feeling if you slow down when reading, Les' posts you may enjoy them a tad more? I'll try to take the same advice myself... I am sure many here would appreciate that :p

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join