It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Pentagon Report: US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Funny that you know what I think

Funny that you presume to know how the United States government secretly thinks.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How do they deal with incompetence then? Enlighten me, please.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I've seen people screw up a lot worse than dropping something in the wrong location and have almost nothing happen to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

True. But supply-drops are just one dot of many in this pointillistic painting.

There's no clear answer as to how much money ISIS has, but reports say the group is bringing in more than $1 million a day. If U.S. officials want to squeeze ISIS dry, they will have to take certain steps now to cut off those donors but also help opposing forces in Iraq and Syria wrest back control of the local economy -- a process that could take years.

"They've combined the ability to raise funds and run an economy locally with the ability to tap into on the enthusiasm for their cause globally," Zarate said. "That really presents challenges for counterterrorism officials and in some ways is a more complicated terrorist funding model than we've seen in the past."

www.cbsnews.com...

A very pragmatic take on things, ISIS as corporation?

"So this group has been in existence for a long time. It has been supported, it has been provided for in terms of arms, money, finances by a good number of U.S. allies in the region."

www.nbcnews.com...

Now let's see what we have:

- lots of US military equipment left behind to lay dirty hands on
- civil war as result after years of 'war against terror'
- ISIS uprising funded by wealthy donors
- 'misguided' supply-drops
- and last but not least they use a very pragmatic (and not so fundamentalistic) economy-model

ISIS looks and acts like a very successfull mercenary-corporation and we should continue to be very vigilant regarding any supply-drop on their positions. Your implication of a somehow incompetent normalcy (in the military) might be sound as well, but I see a pattern here. And I am still unable to convince myself, that we are just dealing with incompetence on a very big scale.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

There is a stupidly huge difference between the incompetence you claim is normal, and people screwing up and not being nailed to the wall for it.

They would have had to pay a few hundred million dollars just go get those vehicles back to the US, where the ones that didn't need major overhaul would have been surplus and sold, only to have to pay again to ship them back out. Leaving them where they were, with the turmoil wasn't the greatest decision, but made sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We could definitely use more checks & balances, spot on!

Leaving them where they were, with the turmoil wasn't the greatest decision, but made sense.

Of course it did, if we take a look at the financial aspects only. But all this abandoned equipment is merely nothing in comparison to the overall turmoil left behind, I doubt anything of this happened accidental. Devide et impera?
Everybody knew from the start, that the war on terror would just be good enough to fuel more terrorism. And thats exactly what we got, plus the nicely contaminated Falludscha of course.

www.theguardian.com...
www.mdpi.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

How do they deal with incompetence then? Enlighten me, please.

Cover it up, of course.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

We could definitely use more checks & balances, spot on!

Leaving them where they were, with the turmoil wasn't the greatest decision, but made sense.

Of course it did, if we take a look at the financial aspects only. But all this abandoned equipment is merely nothing in comparison to the overall turmoil left behind, I doubt anything of this happened accidental. Devide et impera?
Everybody knew from the start, that the war on terror would just be good enough to fuel more terrorism. And thats exactly what we got, plus the nicely contaminated Falludscha of course.

www.theguardian.com...
www.mdpi.com...

Is that why Russia left all those weapons lying around Ukraine? Or does your strategic analysis only apply to other nations?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

This video says it all... www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

To add...

Retired Army Gen. Mike Flynn, a top intelligence official in the post-9/11 wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, says in a forthcoming interview on Al Jazeera English that the drone war is creating more terrorists than it is killing. He also asserts that the U.S. invasion of Iraq helped create the Islamic State and that U.S. soldiers involved in torturing detainees need to be held legally accountable for their actions.

firstlook.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yes, the drone war is alienating people and turning them against the US. Yes, by invading Muslim countries the US made itself a target of Islamic wrath. That does not mean that Daesh was intentionally created by CIA as some sort of false flag operation. This is like saying that the FSB is behind mountain bandits in Chechniya.

link   

Yes, the drone war is alienating people and turning them against the US. Yes, by invading Muslim countries the US made itself a target of Islamic wrath. That does not mean that Daesh was intentionally created by CIA as some sort of false flag operation. This is like saying that the FSB is behind mountain bandits in Chechniya.

link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well... could be enough without the CIA and your example with Chechnya is spot on topic. Are two wars without reconciliation, but lots of bloodshed and the destruction of whole cities/ regions, sufficient to fuel this sort of terrorism? The answer might actually be: yes.

False flag operation, where? Everybody saw Mericas colours waving over Operation Phantom Fury in Falludscha. Controlled and sponsored opposition for the War on Terror? Yes, coincidently successful supply-drops if you will.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Are you intentionally trying to make no sense?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Sorry, but I don't see where the US created ISIS?

There's nothing in that document to suggest it, and zerohedge is full of lies.

All I see is that Al Queda Iraq (AQI) wanted to overthrow Assad, this is no secret, it's been well documented that Al Queda, Al Nusra, the FSA and ISIS have all taken arms against Assad's forces. It's also well documented that ISIS, AQI and Al Nusra have also engaged the FSA on many occasions too.

Saying that the US created ISIS is such a narrow viewpoint to take, it's so much more complicated than that.

That's the deniability so necessary for clandestine operations of this nature. A few loose ends that get left over tend to suicide. They usually shoot themselves with their right hand, even if they were left handed and show no previous signs of depression.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That's the deniability so necessary for clandestine operations of this nature. A few loose ends that get left over tend to suicide. They usually shoot themselves with their right hand, even if they were left handed and show no previous signs of depression.

In other words: when America overtly uses force, it is American aggression, but if there is violence with no indication of American involvement, the lack of evidence is proof of covert American involvement.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Did you ever stumble upon the concept of action and reaction?

No? But you did realise this war produces more terrorists than it kills, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Did you ever stumble upon the concept of action and reaction?

No? But you did realise this war produces more terrorists than it kills, right?

Do you ever bother to read other people's responses to your posts?

Apparently not. Neither does the person who starred you.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That does not mean that Daesh was intentionally created by CIA as some sort of false flag operation. This is like saying that the FSB is behind mountain bandits in Chechniya.

Why not? Three things for your consideration:

- Counterinsurgency
- Low-Intensity Warfare
- Stability and Support Operation

Yes, "The World is a Battlefield" (Jeremy Seahill).
Do I need to explain my point further or did you catch my drift?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join