It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
From Nafeez Ahmed: Secret Pentagon report reveals West saw ISIS as strategic asset Anti-ISIS coalition knowingly sponsored violent extremists to ‘isolate’ Assad, rollback ‘Shia expansion',
- Al-Qaeda drives the opposition in Syria
- The West identifies with the opposition
- he establishment of a nascent Islamic State became a reality only with the rise of the Syrian insurgency (there is no mention of U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq as a catalyst for Islamic State’s rise, which is the contention of innumerable politicians and pundits; see section 4.D. below)
- The establishment of a “Salafist Principality” in Eastern Syria is “exactly” what the external powers supporting the opposition want (identified as “the West, Gulf Countries, and Turkey”) in order to weaken the Assad government
- “Safe havens” are suggested in areas conquered by Islamic insurgents along the lines of the Libyan model (which translates to so-called no-fly zones as a first act of ‘humanitarian war'; see 7.B.)
- Iraq is identified with “Shia expansion” (8.C)
- A Sunni “Islamic State” could be devastating to “unifying Iraq” and could lead to “the renewing facilitation of terrorist elements from all over the Arab world entering into Iraqi Arena.”
originally posted by: Jakal26
Wow...guess some" I told you so's" are in order. Saw the article earlier but the report wasn't cited. Thanks for including it for our edification.
Traitors! Every damned person involved. Funding enemies of the state. Isn't there something about "death by hanging" in regards the this?
Who used them is somewhat debatable
originally posted by: Asktheanimals
No, I'm a conspiracy wing nut!
Don't validate my insane beliefs!
It will only encourage further deterioration of my oh-so-susceptible mind.
Chemical attacks on his own people - puleeze!
Just keep repeating there are no 8 ft tall Jihadis running around with new gear and new trucks.
The narrative and the plotline were so transparent, even Russia saw right through them.
According to investigative reporter Nafeez Ahmed in Medium, the "leaked document reveals that in coordination with the Gulf states and Turkey, the West intentionally sponsored violent Islamist groups to destabilize Assad, despite anticipating that doing so could lead to the emergence of an ‘Islamic State’ in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
Russia warns West may use ISIS as pretext to bomb Syrian govt forces
The KGB was concerned that the FLQ's terrorist attacks could be linked to the Soviet Union. It designed a disinformation campaign and forged documents to portray the FLQ as a CIA false flag operation. A photocopy of the forged "CIA document" was "leaked" to the Montreal Star in September 1971. The operation was so successful that Canada's prime minister believed that the CIA had conducted operations in Canada.