It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vandals Destroy Dam, 49 Million Gallons Into Bay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Fremont police say vandals attacked an inflatable dam on Alameda Creek that resulted in the loss of nearly 50 million gallons of water.

Police believe that those responsible entered a restricted area sometime on Thursday morning and intentionally damaged the dam.

“The dam, which is instrumental to the Alameda County Water District’s water supply operations, suffered irreversible damage,” police said.

They're blaming this on 'vandals', but I wonder who those vandals may be? I wonder who is going to have to sacrifice to make up the difference?

Some hard times water-wise out there in Kali, and no one needs this kind of tragedy. The story says this amount of water could have served 500 home for an entire year. Might be a 'drop in the bucket' considering the population of the state. But still, imagine if this catches on with the copycats.

If I lived in Kali, you wouldn't catch me trespassing near a water reservoir after this.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

it not a good idea to trespass on or near any water treatment, pump house, or reservoir since 911. they are considered prime terror targets.

+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Man, some people really are dicks aren't they?! It's like those idiots that like setting copycat fires.

Not a brain cell or solitary clue as to potential consequences.

+2 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Man, some people really are dicks aren't they?! It's like those idiots that like setting copycat fires.

Not a brain cell or solitary clue as to potential consequences.

My parents raised me to consider consequences ... long-term and short. I passed that on to mine. My son thanked me for that a couple of months ago, but not before he'd finished six hard years in the Army. I've yet to see it blossom in my daughter, but she hasn't stepped into the real world yet.

I think it's a fading art. Are we at full circle now learning from our own mistakes?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

it not a good idea to trespass on or near any water treatment, pump house, or reservoir since 911. they are considered prime terror targets.

... or facets of the electrical grid.

Interesting parallel you draw there. Wonder if the State of California will define this as an act of domestic terrorism.

+1 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This new breed of humans are so gullible and skittish, that these bloodletting money mongers, can effortlessly script and stage any conspiracy to the American public, in the vein of national security and global meltdown, and US citizens cower is terror, throwing fistfulls of their equity at the boogeyman to make him "just go away!!!". The freelooters have full reign on their lunch money.

People deserve this degree of abuse if they are unwilling to take initiative for reformation. It has gotten to the level of ridiculousness, ad absurdum. This dynamic has been postulated where anything that was a free god given resource, has been reduced to some megalomaniac's burning desire to compel Earth's population to subjugated to their mandatory gym membership plan.

"Hey, let's use California as our control subject for a drought scenario. Divert precipitation in the area to catastrophic levels, force taxpayer to make concessions, in the form of the all mighty dollar. Make them pay through the nose for a band aid solution. Self sabotage our solution. And make the pay even more for our next solution we settled for that can add more related ancillary problems, manifold, so we can bleed them even more dry!!!! Hahahahaha!"

The same transparent formula and model of misdirection, false flag, and terror, they've been using religiously since the turn of the century.

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
remember enron?
artificial scarcity

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Wow...

Watters is such an issue there that san Francisco actually has sources all the way to the Nevada border. Farmers with senior water rights must volunteered to reduce their water use by a certain amount to get more water into the system. Of course they did that to try to stave off the governor signing temporary legislation that would have forced a reduction on farmers.

Conservation, better technology and desalinization is what's needed.

The water levels near Hoover damn / lake mead are down by a 150feet.
edit on 23-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There really are some sick people in this world no ?
Either that or some no brain teenagers

Or some of the latest recruits by the religion of peace

or ?

Either way S&F even though the subject pisses me off.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I had been playing down the drought in California but, I have to concede that it is bad enough for any minor upset in the poorly planned management of that resource to cause tangible discomfort.

I am not happy with what could be a series of exploratory infrastructure sabotage incidents.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Dam!

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForestDweller
Dam!

Yeah!! The damned thing was 44 years old.
I still wonder how they confirmed it was an act of 'vandalism'.

Good news: They were planning on replacing it near-term ... and apparently the materials are on-hand to get it replaced PDQ.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yeah, like a comment below the article said, it could have just tore up because it was old and worn out, but that would reflect badly on them.
edit on 23-5-2015 by ForestDweller because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
Interesting how they install mega amounts of traffic cams to ticket people with, but leave important things like this unguarded or monitored.

Traffic ticket cameras are a sure thing though, and monitoring a boring inflatable dam might be a waste of a camera or two.. Sheesh..

link   

originally posted by: Danbones
remember enron?
artificial scarcity

Yes, I was in California at the time. Californians really believed that there was a genuine energy shortage and did everything they could to reduce energy consumption; installing low energy lightbulbs, blackout times for street lighting, reduced operational hours for factories and manufacturing plants (including reduced salaries for part-time workers), cut backs on the use of air conditioning in offices, signing of long-term energy contracts between the state and the energy companies lasting for 30 years.

Imagine the fury when they discover there wasn't a real energy shortage, but a scam by Enron executives. Those were the tricks they played. Refineries, power stations and oil platforms would be taken out of production for "maintenance" at the times of peak demand.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Dam!

Good news: They were planning on replacing it near-term ... and apparently the materials are on-hand to get it replaced PDQ.

Probably it was slashed and cut in multiple places. A single cut could be patched.

Though, they have had 44 years to replace something as fragile and delicate as an inflatable rubber dam with concrete. Or they could have just filled the thing with concrete.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Fremont police say vandals attacked an inflatable dam on Alameda Creek that resulted in the loss of nearly 50 million gallons of water.

Police believe that those responsible entered a restricted area sometime on Thursday morning and intentionally damaged the dam.

“The dam, which is instrumental to the Alameda County Water District’s water supply operations, suffered irreversible damage,” police said.

They're blaming this on 'vandals', but I wonder who those vandals may be? I wonder who is going to have to sacrifice to make up the difference?

Some hard times water-wise out there in Kali, and no one needs this kind of tragedy. The story says this amount of water could have served 500 home for an entire year. Might be a 'drop in the bucket' considering the population of the state. But still, imagine if this catches on with the copycats.

If I lived in Kali, you wouldn't catch me trespassing near a water reservoir after this.

I know who did it. It was the Jerry Brown for president campaign committee. His motto is; "a snail darter for every state."

Watch out for Al Gore and his new water credit exchange since his carbon scam failed.
edit on 23-5-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I would not have waited to replace that with a more tried and true model. In service 30 years and they say it vandals. I'm going to have to be skeptical. Hey, at least I didn't say it was ISIS.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
California dont really have a water crisis. IF they decided to stop protecting that stupid "smelt" fish that woudnt effect the environment if it went extinct.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Dam!

Wonder how quickly the greenies will clog that up in court

They seem to block everything else that might be helpful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join