It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nikola Tesla Interview Hidden For 116 Years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Edison wanted DC, not Tesla.

a reply to: anotherdaytoday

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How do I know it is a hoax.

Because you told me.

If that is what you have taken away from this thread then you need to read it again. If that is still all you take away then I will try to give you the extra dumbed down version, although the evidence against this interview being real will be harder to make any simpler.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Gothmog
Once more , AC as far as the knowledge of the electrical current (alternating current) was known . When someone says AC power , that is what to do with the power from AC. I.E electric motors that utilize AC .

Ah, the retcon. If only it were correct.
Nope, sorry, there were AC generators and transformers prior to the induction motor. And it's likely Tesla didn't even invent that.

I am sorry , but do you not read what you are posting? ( I mean no offense to you) . You said there was generators and transformers. Neither have anything to do with how or what to power with AC /These are the WAYS that power is generated.And then using either takes some form of energy to generate AC. Unbelievable.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Gothmog because: added statement

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If you doubled down any further you'd be upright.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Bailey built the first AC Motor, though primitive. Ferraris beat Tesla by two years. Tesla's motor was better for commercial use.

a reply to: Gothmog

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Edison wanted DC, not Tesla.

a reply to: anotherdaytoday

Damn, I recall different. Though I think you are right, since I recall the experiment with the elephant "Topsy" in which Edison wanted to prove how "evil" AC is.

However I also recall (and that's probably the reason why I mixed it up ), that Tesla at one point revoked his consideration of AC, and gave Edison right in DC being better. But that was only much later when he realized it himself.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Tesla's motor was better for commercial use.

No it wasn't. His failure to mature the AC motor to a commercial product is one of the reasons for the fallout between Tesla and Westinghouse.

The first 'commercially practical' AC motor was made by Dolivo-Dobrowolsky (at AEG), but he would have been beaten to the punch by Bradley, had Bradley put his motor to practical use.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I am sorry , but do you not read what you are posting? ( I mean no offense to you) . You said there was generators and transformers. Neither have anything to do with how or what to power with AC /These are the WAYS that power is generated.And then using either takes some form of energy to generate AC. Unbelievable.

Are you barking? Or simply totally science illiterate? It would have to be one or the other.

You originally stated that "AC power was unknown", which is a blatant mistruth, considering that the means for generating and distributing AC power were already known, if not in widespread use.

Do you seriously think that the electric motor is the only thing powered by AC? Why do you think they would design and build alternators and distribution transformers if there was no use for them?

"Using either takes some form of energy to generate AC" - This is rather blatantly obvious, but doesn't address anything in the discussion. The alternator makes AC from mechanical input. That's also the way a DC generator works. Amazing, isn't it? But it has no bearing on Tesla.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

But it has no bearing on Tesla

Tesla was a Charlatan, who often tried to take credit for other peoples work.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

But it has no bearing on Tesla

Tesla was a Charlatan, who often tried to take credit for other peoples work.

In this case, Ferraris'.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There is no proof Tesla stole it. Consensus is they developed it independently of each other.

a reply to: Bedlam

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sorry buddy, you're correcting me for no reason. Tesla's motor was better for commercial use which is why Westinghouse went for his motor over Bailey's. Ultimately his idea was improved for commercial use into a three phase (high voltage) motor by Dobro as two phase wasn't cutting it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join