It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nikola Tesla Interview Hidden For 116 Years

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Please look this stuff up from a reliable source before you post

You're quite wrong. Gaulard and Gibbs had an AC power transformer about five years before Tesla's AC induction motor was invented.

eta: in case you like nice pictures, here's some info on AC power. All the dates before 1888? They predate Tesla's invention of the induction motor.

Linky!

A pretty good argument could be made that Tesla stole the idea from Ferraris.

Galileo Ferraris presented his theory of a polyphase electric motor 8 months prior to Nikola Tesla applying for a patent on the same technology, yet in the world of the 21st century Telsa has received all the credit, how is this possible? This situation is comparable to the situation in software today. Some designers give away programs free via opensource, while others make massive amounts of money off of the same technology. Who is remembered 100 years later? Ferraris was a scientist, not an entrepreneur, he published his results and invited strangers from around the world to come and see his lab. Tesla and Westinghouse had other motives.

the article
edit on 23-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The quote about vibrations is a complete fabrication. I authored a post on it previously.

That quote was invented by Ralph Bergstresser so he could sell his purple plates. That quote is found nowhere in any of Tesla's documentation and the first quote of it was a couple years AFTER Tesla died in
Ralph Bergstresser's book.

It was a lie to sell books and plates to the gullible and capitalizing on the death of Tesla.

a reply to: seasoul

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Just because I wanted them to learn on their own , does not necessarily mean it is not factual. If you take time to learn before you post we all benefit He refused to respond logically and intelligently , and replied with an emotional response.

Sorry, no. You made statements that these terms, used in this context, existed prior to this interview. When asked for sources to prove your statements you flat out refused saying you did not have to prove they existed, no one can prove they were never used before this even if sources show they were not.

You have posted numerous errors in this thread concerning Tesla, and then have the nerve to tell others to take the time to learn before posting?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
S&F

Awesome interview

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Awesomely fake?

a reply to: Legman

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Awesomely fake?

a reply to: Legman

awesomely awesome thread and awesome awesome sort of interview.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: purplemer

One of my fave humans of all time! I never learned about him in school which I find very unfortunate.

S&F for posting!!

This is exactly the kind of crap we have to deal with.

what a charming response to a perfectly innocous comment. put away your ego.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Some people are too close to this "reply and prove false" plague that robs ATS. Thread was superbly entertaining and full of facts. Flags and stars are for enjoyment. Im not the only person with "crap" that reads here.

lol

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You guys are aware that Tesla and Einstein frequently corresponded by letter prior to 1905.
I do know that volumes of Tesla's work are in the U.S. archives and my clearances (3 to be exact) wouldn't allow me past the front door. There is much to be said about this man, but few will ever be allowed to know it.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

They met a few times at IAS, too.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I do know that volumes of Tesla's work are in the U.S. archives and my clearances (3 to be exact) wouldn't allow me past the front door.

Actually, the vast majority is in his home country.
Tesla Museum
edit on 5/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You like that word "anachronism" don't you

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

After reading I must say Tesla was way wackier and way more brilliant than I thought.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

So how do you come to conclusions about Tesla after reading a HOAX interview that he never actually did?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gothmog Information has now been supplied that Tesla did not invent AC Power. You have not responded to this information.

Why not ?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How do I know it is a hoax.

Because you told me.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Because the evidence says so...

a reply to: BentBone

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Gothmog

Gothmog Information has now been supplied that Tesla did not invent AC Power. You have not responded to this information.

Why not ?

Once more , AC as far as the knowledge of the electrical current (alternating current) was known . When someone says AC power , that is what to do with the power from AC. I.E electric motors that utilize AC . Also the irst was an actual light bulb powered by AC at the World's Fair by Tesla and sponsored by Westinghouse . That is what teed Edison off . They used Tesla's AC and not Edison's DC. Now please , I dont have time to banter words neither do I have time to debate with someone who cannot jus plug AC power into Google and read

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Once more , AC as far as the knowledge of the electrical current (alternating current) was known . When someone says AC power , that is what to do with the power from AC. I.E electric motors that utilize AC .

Ah, the retcon. If only it were correct.

Nope, sorry, there were AC generators and transformers prior to the induction motor. And it's likely Tesla didn't even invent that.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Afaik Tesla endorsed pulsed DC, very highly pulsed, and considered it better than AC. I can't remember why exactly but it was about it being less lethal, and doesn't lose that much energy over distances than AC. Maybe because the "flow of pulses" remains in the same direction, compared to AC where you directions are always reversed. Many "free energy" experimenters picked up on that (though not successfully).

Regarding the interview... seems okayish... makes somehow sense. But it's not there is "breaking" information in it. So whatever if it's true or not. Doesn't matter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join