It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "N-word" in Google Maps Searches Brings User to the White House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This was reported on in the Washington Post yesterday and I heard about it this morning.

Certain phrases with the "N-word" (and variations of it) searched on Google Maps bring up the White House. I've just done some quick tests myself and indeed, 'n----- house' returns the White House.

I have no idea how the Google Maps query is processed on the backend but I'm assuming that there's some algorithmic magic involving common search terms. I thought perhaps it might be defaulting to the White House based on the word 'house' in the query when no other result was found but after trying a dozen or so words and random gibberish + 'house', this doesn't seem to be the case. Some of the search terms mentioned like 'n----- king' return the White House location when used in conjunction with other terms like 'Washington, D.C.'

Interestingly, the folks at Google have already issued an apology but haven't yet managed to come up with a fix.
edit on 2015-5-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

funniest post of the day

Now to bed. Nite all.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I just typed in "N---er House" and it took me to the Underground Railroad TV building in Chicago, IL.

Not the White House, but still some jacked up # right there. I'll cease my searches there...

I searched "Honky House," and apparently there's a place called that in Japan. Probably owned by a white guy.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

funniest post of the day

Now to bed. Nite all.

*guilty laughs too*

Its pretty bad....I mean really bad.....................but sorry you got to laugh at google some times.
edit on 20-5-2015 by crazyewok because: wow just realised you cant type snigg---er ATS blocks its o well type laugh instead

O crap I just worked out why its blocked, too work it out on this thread too....ooopppps

edit on 20-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
so N-house brought me to a place in kenya, near a place called Obama estate
And it's the name of a district hospital...i don't even know how to process that frankly

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
This was reported on in the Washington Post yesterday and I heard about it this morning.

Certain phrases with the "N-word" (and variations of it) searched on Google Maps bring up the White House. I've just done some quick tests myself and indeed, 'n----- house' returns the White House.

I have no idea how the Google Maps query is processed on the backend but I'm assuming that there's some algorithmic magic involving common search terms. I thought perhaps it might be defaulting to the White House based on the word 'house' in the query when no other result was found but after trying a dozen or so words and random gibberish + 'house', this doesn't seem to be the case. Some of the search terms mentioned like 'n----- king' return the White House location when used in conjunction with other terms like 'Washington, D.C.'

Interestingly, the folks at Google have already issued an apology but haven't yet managed to come up with a fix.

Interestingly enough, typing that in google maps Canada takes you to:
Toronto Police Service - 22 Division
3699 Bloor St. W.,
Toronto, ON M9A 1A2

Hidden racism by google .. Could that be directed to Mike Saunders, Toronto police chief recently elected ..?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The sad part is someone even discovered this was out there. I mean, how many people actually type that into a Google search?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
These are popping up because google allowed users to update and add there own descriptions, it has now been disabled

This made me chuckle although it's gone now.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
The sad part is someone even discovered this was out there. I mean, how many people actually type that into a Google search?

You're right, even picture galleries have the appropriate pictures...sad.
What's more, it'll probably be beyond Google now.
edit on 20-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
so N-house brought me to a place in kenya, near a place called Obama estate
And it's the name of a district hospital...i don't even know how to process that frankly

Yeah, when you type it in from Australia, it also takes you to a district hospital of the same name in Nairobi, Kenya. Obama estate is 2 kms away from it.

Could just be a big coincidence, kind of surreal though.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Nice try!

Nobody is going to fall for it and actually type that into their browser...

Um, nevermind.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Google has a good relationship with Obama.

This must be some kind of agenda.

Not easy to trust either Obama or Google for anything.

I bet their censorship programs have backfired bigtime !!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There is ALWAYS a agenda with you....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There is ALWAYS a agenda with you....

I think the Obama Administration is behind this hack of Google.

They are setting up a "reason" to pass an Executive Order about censorship justification.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Obama signed up for twitter and the results so far are disgusting. The outright hate and racism is thick and disheartening. I guess its all race baiting

Badash gives a hat-tip to ifyouonlynews.com for its original story. But he notes that it took just 10 minutes to start baptizing the leader of the free world in Twitter’s racist sewer. Obama’s tweet at 11:38 a.m. on Monday was simple.

Hello, Twitter! It’s Barack. Really! Six years in, they’re finally giving me my own account.

The first racist tweet (from an account that has since been suspended) appears to have come in at 11:48 a.m. from a particularly nasty fellow who addresses the president as the N-word and advises him to “get cancer.” The racist affront is the equivalent of being called the N-word by a coward in a passing car as you’re walking down the street.

washington post

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with people's personal searches. I didn't get the White House, I got "Intermedia Arts" in Minneapolis, MN.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

10 minutes?

Im surprised that long. I guess the deep south had not woken up yet

edit on 20-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Sounds like another set up.

Something is hidden for sure.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sounds like another set up.

Something is hidden for sure.

Really?

You find it hard to believe in a country of race riots and a long history of black race trouble that someone of there own free will would start trolling a black president?

It has to be a conspiracy cause no one in the USA would ever be raciest over the internet?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just typed in n--r house, and it brought me to the underground railroad place in Chicago, however the word n--a house brought me to the white house!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join