It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My virtual tour of the United States. ( using Meme's)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

Thudersnow is AWESOME....

but yes...Illinois is strange

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I was a tornado chaser/ham operator in central Illinois then in North Dakota...out of a solid 100 or so chases I saw maybe 5-6 storms that got real ugly and two twisters...the first I was the only spotter to see...the second I was just another pair of eyes

then one fine day I visited a friend in Kansas...he was a chaser....we went out...I learned that day that I don't really think I was that much of a chaser...and we didn't even see a twister...Kansas/Missouri has some real ugly weather when it gets bad

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I had A tornado pass uncomfortably close on Super Tuesday. It crossed the Ohio River about a half-mile from us. I was young and yes scared to death but I did not need a change of underwear.

I like that picture I posted on Kansas. I was hoping someone else would see that on the right side it resembled a witch.

that was why I left the comment about your little dog too!!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Moving on..........

North Carolina

Their state motto never made any sense to me? State Motto Esse quam videri (To be, rather than to seem).

Anyway......

Because it seems to me that rather than learning Latin they should spend a little more money on education.

Moving on............

North Dakota

A very cold cold state. It reminds me of a mother-in-law's love??
One thing you can be rest assured of. People from North Dakota usually get directly to the point.

Moving on..............

Ohio

Home of the mistake on the Lake. In Kentucky it is known as the bad side of the river. Travel tip most of all in Ohio be very careful of what you eat!!! At least he wasn't left as most buckeyes are. ( hint a buckeye is known as a useless nut)

edit on 23-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well it looks like this thread died out. If I get any request I will finish it.

I did have one request for Rhode Island so.......

Moving on..........

Rhode Island

Their state motto is hope it has a landmass of approximately 1000 mi.². Compromised of 10 counties I surmise that the motto implies that they hope you don't blink when you're driving through.

They do seem to stretch the truth a little bit also.

Here is the normal commute for many Rhode Islanders.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No, it's not died out! It's just we're waiting for the next installments!

I was telling my daughter today about your thread and the signs....we were cracking up.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Yep, we definitely have some wicked-ass storms roll through.

IN FACT!!! We have an eerily still stormy sky overhead RIGHT NOW - that is rumbling and lightning ominously.

I say ------ BRING IT!!!
(And, if it lets me down, then I yell after it: IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?!!!)

I love it!!!

edit on 5/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Glad to hear that!!

Moving on.........

Oklahoma

The state Motto Labor omnia vincit (Labor conquers all things) the State flower is the mistletoe. Keeping those two things in mind . The following picture shows some people's love of labor. How else could you explain a man and his mother-in-law out for a Sunday ride in a ex hardtop convertible?

Wait I may have been mistaken on that picture? Because I am not entirely sure it was his mother-in-law?

Also I found it strange that they grew trucks in Oklahoma? Plus the Big guy with the shaved chest kind of freaked me out!!!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hahaha! Thanks for the Rhode Island ones! They're true! LOL

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Moving on.........

Oregon

As I stated earlier I like the state. With the exclusion of the grunge music scene. I guess it's the whole psychedelic hippie cool thing. But you still need to be on your toes.

Moving on ..............

Pennsylvania although many states are bigger when you drive through this state it seems to last forever. That's been my personal experience anyway. But fortunately there are some things you will find in the state that you will find and no other state in the union.

Damn I forgot my wallet in Oklahoma and had to go back. But I did find this in the newspaper so at least it wasn't a complete loss. Good news folks if you go to Oklahoma they're hiring!!!!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

They just keep getting funnier. I love the Oklahoma ones. Keep going!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Great thread! Loving it! Got a good chuckle outta the Maine one. Been living here in vacationland a long time now. I gotta say my fav Maine meme has gotta be this one:

edit on 24-5-2015 by Cherry0 because: fix

There's a site dedicated to Maine memes. It's hilarious. Maine Memes
edit on 24-5-2015 by Cherry0 because: another fix

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Moving on........

South Carolina

South Carolina does not have any major pro sports teams. It is illegal to fish with a yo-yo, buy or sell electric eels and they are the only state in the union that has a colony of free ranging rhesus monkeys. South Carolina gets pretty much snow also and like most places in the south they know how to prepare ahead of time and not panic.

Moving on..........

South Dakota

Cold and Windy beautiful scenery but not a hell of a lot to do excluding Sturgis. When you go to south Dakota plan on doing a lot of traveling to find something especially if you been there before. I had some extra time so I drove to the other side of Mount Rushmore imagine my surprise!!

edit on 24-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Moving on.........

Tennessee

The volunteer State. Did you know that it is illegal to lasso fish in Tennessee? Plus if you've ever taken 75 south into Tennessee about 10 miles in look to your right and you will see Tennessee's Disney World.

I always go there and I swear it's a real place it burnt down once and they build it again. Then I go visit a buddy of mine he thinks he's funny. I'm sure everyone can figure out where the hat rack is.

Moving on Texas

My kind of place, I stopped for an early lunch there.

And thank God I did. Because I broke one of my golden rules and entered the doors of a Walmart.

I swear I thought she had squashed SpongeBob I almost threw a bucket of water on her. I mean my God look at the poor little guys eyes. Rotf!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How many is that so far? I lost count.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Seven left I'll probably get them all done tomorrow. I guess you can tell I'm just winging it?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'll check in then.
You're actually doing a good job. I've had quite a few laughs at them.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Moving on............

Utah

I posted the following picture a few times. I've never given the reasons for it though. I just can't figure those people out who in the hell would want more than one wife?

Moving on.........

Vermont

The first thing that comes to mind is "YAWN". I guess you could call them some progressive thinkers though?

Virginia

Wish I could tell you about Virginia. But I turned around and left when I saw this. I happen to like pickles.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh man, Virginia! Imagine living on that road or knowing somebody living there and having to write that address? Must be great for job applications or whatever.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

ROTF

Now that's outside of the box thinking I like it!!!!!

edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join