It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
3. Six foot two guy with 5 o'clock shadow wearing a mini skirt is just creepy...just saying...

And I am sure you have the perfect model body with sculpted abs and so on that nobody could ever look at you and think you are creepy or unappealing in any way at all. A bit narrow minded and shallow there dont you think?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: honested3

I simply get sick of having to be bothered by your problems. We all have problems. We all are judged at times unfairly. But most of us just get on with it and have a go at life.

It is easier to just "get on with it" when you dont have the struggle to begin with. Try saying that to a crippled individual, not that I am comparing my struggle to others struggles but only point out that by you saying such things only makes your own privilege show.

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Crippled individuals did not start this thread. They typically get on with it. They typically do not bemoan the travesties of their woeful lives.

anyway.... good luck with what ever you were trying to get out of this thread. I simply cannot be bothered.

gl

edit on 17-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Crippled individuals did not start this thread. They typically get on with it. They typically do not bemoan they travesties of their woeful lives.

anyway.... good luck with what ever you were trying to get out of this thread. I simply cannot be bothered.

gl

You too, good luck in all your aspirations as a bigot!

Shoutout to the supporters, I appreciate you.
edit on 5/17/15 by honested3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

My brother is a homosexual in a caring relationship,you would not pick that either is gay but they do admit that the radicals within their ranks are pushing causes like gay marriage,child education and other issues to an extent there could be a backlash to it all there are issues such as deceased estates and many others that need to be resolved which only legislators can resolve and loud bleating by individuals who have taken on the lifestyle as flavour of the month don't help.That being said I am not aware of any specific transgender agenda but society does superimpose the homosexual tag over you.

+14 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Im a bigot because I simply don't care about your identity and who you screw?

That is why mainstream not extremist people like me just can't be bothered by this crap.

If you do not get the sympathy and attention you crave, we are bigots. Thanks for the chuckles before bed.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I know it hurts your feelings....

but...

I. simply. do. not. care. about. your. parts. or. who. you. screw.

I don't care. I will never care.

I simply get sick of having to be bothered by your problems. We all have problems. We all are judged at times unfairly. But most of us just get on with it and have a go at life.

Have you ever considered that it goes both ways???

How many people over time have been bothered with your problems or the problems that have their roots in intolerant religious discrimination???

Because that goes into almost every social group there is. Divorced=sinner, Rock and Roll Star=Sinner, Long hair guy=sinner, use foul sinner, Woman who doesn't fit in(witch)=sinner, different religion=sinner, homo=sinner and abomination, sex out of wedlock=sinner, etc. etc.
edit on 17-5-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Please explain how legman is a bigot. He actually makes a decent point. We all have our struggles.. People will always judge others.. Some will like you others won't. Thats life.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Oh, that's very much the case. That's life.

The problem begins when people who don't like you, begin to teach others to not like you, too. By religious methodology, or other ways. This is where the problem starts.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
Please explain how legman is a bigot. He actually makes a decent point. We all have our struggles.. People will always judge others.. Some will like you others won't. Thats life.

Legman takes the stand he does from the existing current model. Meaning if say everybody had the same cards on the table and then he flips the table but shortly after he still has his cards and looks around and says "lets just play the cards were dealt with."

It is to say that it is easy to act like everybody's problems are the same when the problems are from people who have no benefitted from the current benefits you have. Society is built around the gender binary, meaning man and woman and no in between, so from his (and possibly your) perspective it would seem all is fair, but he does not realize he is coming from a place of cisgender-privilge (cisgender meaning he identifies with his assigned gender)

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I know it hurts your feelings....

but...

I. simply. do. not. care. about. your. parts. or. who. you. screw.

I don't care. I will never care.

I agree and "supporters" fail to see the ramifications.

OK, as a guy, I could care less if a man wearing a dress and identifying himself as a "woman" takes a leak next to me or is in a gym locker room. I could really care less if a woman identifying herself as a "man" uses the mens shower or restroom.

On the other hand, Many Woman do not want a "genetic" men in their bathroom or shower "free donging".

Sorry, but if you are "biologically male", use the male restroom and showers period. If it pleases the transgender community to not use the terms "male and female" then put up pics of "penis or vagina" on the door and use whichever bathroom that matches your biological structure.

It is not that hard to understand, the cars do not drive in the bike lane and the bicycles do not dive in the car lane on the road. Same principle applies.... Bicycles and Cars... get it? If you have 2 wheels and pedals you use this lane, if your in a motor vehicle, you use this lane.

Examine what you are "driving" and use the appropriate lane. I cannot make it any simpler.

Also, let's be real. There are a bunch of perverts and messed up individuals in this world that would gladly "Say" they are trans-gender to get access to these areas.

Or do you want "Chester the little girl child molester" slapping on a wig and a dress and hanging out in girls restrooms taking video and god knows what else?

Just some common sense here.

And yes, the insanity has already started.

www.ajc.com...

www.pressherald.com...

www.metroactive.com...

www.post-gazette.com...

edit on 17-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
a reply to: ketsuko

You sound like my mother the "tomboy". Okay so you are grouping transgender in with all the other things you do not like, try and look at it as its own thing not something representing everything else you just said. I am not promoting less education because that would literally be ignorant, but then again when has calculus ever helped you in day to day life? Or the study of Shakespeare?

We are talking about human beings, not sex positions, not trying to corrupt your children. But only promoting acceptance of those who are different, even if you cannot relate to it. When there is such a high suicide rate and murder rate for trans people, then maybe there should be "too much" awareness. It's not like the majority of people would come into their own to understand or accept something new.

The fact of the matter is that I've used both the calculus and the Shakespeare far more than I've used the social engineering parts of my education.

My point on it all is that it sounds great to teach about this or that social issue to promote awareness. I get it. If we can save just one child and all that, but how does it prepare kids to get good jobs? And once you start to teach one social engineering bit, where do you stop? In my day, it was DARE, now we are taking up time with DARE and all the 101 special interest groups that everyone has to be aware of so that no one steps on anyone else's toes and is insensitive or bullies.

At some point it takes up a lot of time, time that used to be spent with actual academics.

Did you miss the thread about how the US is now 28th in the world in education? Does no one ever stop to think that all the social engineering education might be part of why? There are only so many hours in a day.

+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

For me? Its having sexual preference pushed down my throat. Its simply not convenient for me. If heteros (and they do at times) do the same- I resent it. Look... I was delayed by an hour trying to get to work a month ago because of a gay parade.... That is inconvenient to me. I don't care what sex anyone is... I don't care what they screw and how. Just leave my life alone with this crap. I get tired of the flaunting and the fighting simply all over sex and identity. Am I selfish? Sure. I just simply cannot be bothered by your problems when there are people dying of hunger, war , and murder every minute we live.

Cheers

Exactly!!!!

We all get it...you are different from most of us .

Ok....we get it!!!!

Now get the EFF out if my way!!!!

I got stuff that us normal folks, you know guys that are guys, women that are women, have to do.

Your are like stamp collectors demanding be treated like mainstream society.

Sorry, you aren't!!

You are at best a subsect.

Get over yourself and your need for mainstream inclusion.

Guess what, I am also outside of the mainstream.

I hate jersey shore and the kardasians.....

But I being not mainstream am not demanding the mainstream not only accept but identify with me.

Look, honestly, you are a "freak".

You are unique amongst most humans.

Either accept it and move on or submit.

We don't have to accept you or your choices, just like you don't have to accept mine.

Its called freedom.

Go whine somewhere I don't have to see it.

You don't see me posting up anti kardashian or jersey shore threads.

There is no misunderstandings.

You are different lime many if us, you just demand exeptance when none need be given.

If you are happy...wtf do care what others think?

Unless you are unsure of your irreversible transformation.

Keep your personal baggage to yourself, we all carry enough of our own, without demanding others accept it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I agree but you don't think people are more progressive than ever now? I just don't see the hate and persecution OP is mentioning.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

So you don't like the Kardashians huh? And this has cost you your job, or caused you to be legally fired in many states hmm? Because I know that is a reality for Transgender people. Since your distaste for the Kardashians puts you on the same level and all.

Its easy to lack compassion when you are benefitting from a society made to cater your needs.

Also the Kardashians are pretty awesome and so is their app, continue on with your bigotry though I appreciate the honesty.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Okay well the DARE program is about not using drugs, it is great, but teaching children about acceptance is another thing. I know its easy to think we need to just ignore certain groups of people in the effort of "progress". You would share a view similar to the slave handlers not too long ago who thought the same about people of color.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
a reply to: seagull
I agree but you don't think people are more progressive than ever now? I just don't see the hate and persecution OP is mentioning.

Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Do some research, read the replies in some of these threads. Check out the murder rate for trans women, or that many states can legally fire you for being trans. It is there.

+10 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3

You too, good luck in all your aspirations as a bigot!

Shoutout to the supporters, I appreciate you.

This. ^^

This is the answer to your question. It always gets down to name calling and 'special interest' baiting.
edit on 1752015 by Snarl because: formatting

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Get over yourself and your need for mainstream inclusion.

You hit the nail on the head.

+16 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I agree with JohnWick. Most of us don't give a damn. I don't care who anyone sleeps with. I don't care if anyone identified as either sex. But, I don't understand the need to talk about it. It seems like "they" need the attention..."oh, woe is me, feel sorry for me, accept me!" I don't care! Have fun and be yourself, no need to scream from the mountain tops that you are gay, transgender, bisexual, straight, black, white, left-handed...who cares.

So yeah, it does feel like it gets shoved in our face.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join