It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I went there but I am not seeing anything?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: honested3

They won't/can't see the soul.

You be you. From what little I know of you, seems you're doin' OK.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Their logo is a little demon with headphones

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's known that everyone goes through a period of confusion during puberty, and you don't think being taught that they may not be a boy or all boy or a girl or all girl could wind up being even more confusing than helpful during that point in their lives?

LOL during puberty kids will know who they are attracted to. Teaching them that they may not be boys or girls will have no effect.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: mahatche

What is the goal of it? if it's helping people accept themselves, I'm not sure this is the best way. I see much more unnecessary confusion in the future if this approach sticks.

That's half of it. The other half is creating understanding in others. Or don't you think that matters?

The best I could explain it is through my own experience. As I said I'm Bisexual, I've heard many make the argument that "everyone is bi, and sexuality is fluid" and there is a part of me that thinks it sounds nice, but I don't think it's true. If it's not true, I don't like the idea of teaching it to kids. I prefer the cold reality.

The idea that there is no 100% boys or girls is non-sense. I'm cool with finding ways to make people accept differences, but this isn't reasonable. I like the idea of teaching biology, and making the philosophical argument for treating people right, but I'm not a fan of making kids filter themselves through a system of convoluted learned gender labels.

This whole argument on gender construct makes me think of The Story of David Reimer. After a botched circumcision, the doctors advised his parents to raise him as a female to cover for the accident. David didn't feel like he belonged to the identity that was constructed for him. He was inherently male. His identity wasn't fluid, despite all efforts to make it so. In an attempt to protect his mental health, they did what is essentially an experiment in brainwash and tried to condition him to believe it, but David's biological identity came through. He killed himself after years of depression.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Oh ok. That's common with any business and corporation.

Anyway you are correct about Sodom and Gomorrah. It was never about homosexuality.

If anybody is possessed it would be those so called Christian who spout out the lies.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

yes the hell it does dude. Kids are very impressionable, remember that? Its why many kids try do be "cool" or almost always begin immitating the behavior and subject matter of their radios top 40 music and whatnot. When Gangster rap came out, every kid in America was a wanna be criminal drug dealing pimpin thug. That phased into non stop partying around Y2k, and it seems it has not stopped.

Now every kids wants to be a party animal with a popular youtube channel or a billion followers on twitter. Everything you expose minors to will have an effect on the way they perceive things. Forcing a confusing subject matter upon them will confuse them further.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Their logo is a little demon with headphones

Looks like a cat with headphones to me. Plus he's smiling all friendly like. If that's a demon, he's not very scary.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

So you think you can be "influenced" to be like a girl and dress like girls?

A teacher tells me that I might not be a boy. I goes oh um ok I think I'll prance like a fag and wear a pink dress just for the lulz.

No. You are either a boy or you are a girl. Physical gender has nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

demons always approach you initially with an inviting and warm demeanor. It is how they sucker people in. Christian Castro was a church going man with a friendly smile to many people in his community. Little did they know he was holding two women hostage since they were kids as sexual slaves.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

The idea that there is no 100% boys or girls is non-sense. I'm cool with finding ways to make people accept differences, but this isn't reasonable.
I'm not sure the idea is entirely nonsense (especially if it helps to initiate awareness) but the article in the OP has no basis in fact on that specific point.

I like the idea of teaching biology, and making the philosophical argument for treating people right, but I'm not a fan of making kids filter themselves through a system of convoluted learned gender labels.
I think it would be accurate to say the concept is a more a removal of filters than a creation of them.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

...you have just made yourself a clear part of prophecy, for it says that in the end days there will be MOCKERS, Scorners and Haters, following their own desires...believing a lie instead of the truth! AMAZING.

As of late, ATS seems to have fallen and can't get up, And especially the last year. Sad turn of events, it used to be only rated PG, but you certainly couldn't say that now.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I cannot be influenced to think that way, but a socially awkward twelve year old with raging hormones and a desire for attention may indeed. Try and think back to when you were a child in school. If it was before everyone had a tv in every room it still applies.

Maybe you were a cool kid maybe you were not. Maybe you ere just you, but you also did stupid stuff because it may have impressed a girl, a group of friends, been a challenge or just wanted attention.

Children are mini adults as far as biology goes, but the mind is not yet mature. To allude that all kids in America of all places are free thinking open minded geniuses that cannot be influenced one way or another is a bit lacking in truth.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Plotus everyone cannot be saved. Remember that there will be a point when they have hardened their hearts so much to their own desires and wishes even when the truth reveals itself in the end they cannot be saved.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

...you have just made yourself a clear part of prophecy, for it says that in the end days there will be MOCKERS, Scorners and Haters, following their own desires...believing a lie instead of the truth! AMAZING.

Yup. Mockers, scorners and haters are a new thing. Been around only about, oh six thousand years or so.
Just how long are the end days going to last?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not sure the idea is entirely nonsense (especially if it helps to initiate awareness) but the article in the OP has no basis in fact on that specific point.

Yeah but think of all those burly men with hairy chest who hate romance movies.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Try and think back to when you were a child in school.

The memories are clear. I remember as far back as when I was 3 or 4 years old. I knew I was a boy and I had an interest in girls. No amount of teachers trying to teach me that I might be a girl will ever change that.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Acceptance of all, is not a bad thing, the problem is, it is getting to the point of crossing the line of actually promoting it.
You say this based on what?
You think that someone can be "turned tranny" because of something in school?

No, but they can be confused further.

It's known that everyone goes through a period of confusion during puberty, and you don't think being taught that they may not be a boy or all boy or a girl or all girl could wind up being even more confusing than helpful during that point in their lives?

And you suggest that our current teaching model is working instead? The current model that funnels our children as to being male or female only? Or in your case "I am just me" but you don't allow others to be educated on all the ways they can be "just me?"

You are akin to the parent who believes a child shouldn't be taugh sex education as though ignorance is the answer and ignorance avoids error... Wow I realize now I am wasting my time replying to you if you really see things the way you stated.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
a reply to: mOjOm

demons always approach you initially with an inviting and warm demeanor. It is how they sucker people in. Christian Castro was a church going man with a friendly smile to many people in his community. Little did they know he was holding two women hostage since they were kids as sexual slaves.

Ok, but couldn't he just be a sociopath or psycho POS human being??? I have no idea who Christian Castro is btw. But from the sound of it he sounds like a psychopath. Friendly and normal from the outside but in secret he's a damn psycho. Where is the need for the demon stuff to explain it??

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I agree with you. I had no sort of confusion over the matter of who I was attracted to either. In fact, the only people who I can see who would have some sort of confusion are individuals who are taught that heterosexuality is the only "correct" sexuality and those same individuals are not of that sexuality.

It was pretty black and white for me when I was growing up. Anyone I knew who was "confused" turned out not to be heterosexual, and I'm happy they were able to come out and be who they really are.

Honestly, If anyone that age is confused, why wouldn't we offer the information necessary for them to understand what their feelings may actually be implying?

I think the issue a lot of the people commenting are having is that they view sexuality as a choice, or in someway influenced by the environment someone grows up in. That seems like the foundation of the conflicts within this thread.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join