It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Their desires,huh?

Why do your desires trump theirs? Just curious.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: DYepes
a reply to: mOjOm

demons always approach you initially with an inviting and warm demeanor. It is how they sucker people in. Christian Castro was a church going man with a friendly smile to many people in his community. Little did they know he was holding two women hostage since they were kids as sexual slaves.

Ok, but couldn't he just be a sociopath or psycho POS human being??? I have no idea who Christian Castro is btw. But from the sound of it he sounds like a psychopath. Friendly and normal from the outside but in secret he's a damn psycho. Where is the need for the demon stuff to explain it??

Again, instead of researching and enlightening one's self about psychology and biology, religion is instead placed in the gaps of their ignorance. Frustratingly sad if you ask me.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'm not sure the idea is entirely nonsense (especially if it helps to initiate awareness) but the article in the OP has no basis in fact on that specific point.

If neither of us is entirely sure, then that gives me more reason to avoid exposing kids to such an experiment.

Initiating awareness isn't a fair trade off for my concerns over long term mental health issues. I'm fine with transgender people, but their struggle isn't universal, and I'm not sure their treatment can be universally applied, without producing problems for others who don't feel their same burdens. I see potential for it to develop into unnecessary confusion. I favor letting people stumble into their gender identity naturally, at their own pace.

Most people aren't at all troubled by their genders, I don't think it's smart to challenge that.

I think it would be accurate to say the concept is a more a removal of filters than a creation of them.

I disagree. I've browsed around gender related websites & Tumblr, and it's impossible to deny that many of these people are extremely burdened by their identities. They aren't free from them at all, they are the most finely tuned identities I've ever encountered. I had no idea most of them existed. I think the average person is better off keeping it simple. There is much more liberation in not stressing over it.

edit on 05am12am312015-05-17T00:51:22-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Could somebody confuse you to the point that you doubted who or what you are?

Do you suppose that there are kids that are dumber than you? Can these slow, impressionable kids be confused into choosing something they don't actually feel with the same amount of certainty you do?

What does our gender have to do with puberty - other than the fact that the surge of hormones confirms in a very insistent way something we all already know to be true?

You know what confuses kids? Being told that what they feel honestly isn't valid

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Deaf Alien, you are not every child in America. I did not have that problem either. But you know damn well there were small kids and awkward kids who were not as firm and confident to even stand up for themselves. If an alternative idea comes up that gets them attention, they may subconsciously decide and rationalize this is what they need to fit in. If not with the regular crowd, then with the clearly growing alt crowd, which certainly bears no connection whatsoever to the explosion of this behavior on popular media that is even targeted at children and made sure they can always have access to it in their hand in todays world.

Those messages were not around 24/7 from birth in the very palm of your hand when we were in school buddy. Be honest and accept there is a connection.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They can have their desires, but when they want to force their desires into law and subjugate others children to their deviant lifestyle choices, thats crossing a line on many other peoples liberty.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Honestly, If anyone that age is confused, why wouldn't we offer the information necessary for them to understand what their feelings may actually be implying?

This right here is what I am trying to convey. Why do people have to struggle with their feelings and thinking anything outside of the taught norms is somehow "bad" if only they were able to be educated about their feelings rather than being left to their own devices and feeling they are somehow "sinners."

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I disagree. I've browsed around gender related websites & Tumblr, and it's impossible to deny that many of these people are extremely burdened by their identities. They aren't free from them at all, they are the most finely tuned identities I've ever encountered. I had no idea most of them existed.
Couldn't that burden be due do the constraints of being forced by society to choose? That the problem is in not knowing how they can fit even though society says they must be "something" and (in most cases) that if you are the wrong "something" there is something wrong with you?

I think the average person is better off keeping it simple. There is much more liberation in not stressing over it.
Black or white. Right or wrong. Male or female. That's simple. Nice little world you have there.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

What is you're attempting to do, sir?

Seriously, how are you any different?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That may be why there seems to be so many people against it too. Maybe there are just a lot of people who have been convinced or told that they should be either one or the other but deep down they are confused themselves and it's blocked out and is causing some kind of internal conflict so they lash out.

It's only a guess because I've always known I was straight too. Was never even a question at all. I am fully aware that two guys is not attractive to me at all. But it doesn't bother me to know it exists. I've known a few gay couples that were male both young and old. Nice guys too. I worked for them doing side work and stuff for a while. I have one very good friend who's gay. One I grew up with that is bi who actually hit on me once.

But maybe for someone who questions their sexuality it becomes a deep conflict in their mind or something. After all, often times the worst haters end up being repressed homo themselves. Which is sad too. I wonder how they deal with it mentally for so long until they get caught.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

They can have their desires, but when they want to force their desires into law and subjugate others children to their deviant lifestyle choices, thats crossing a line on many other peoples liberty.

Oh god, seriously? "Their Lifestyle Choices"? You cannot possibly be this ignorant

edit on 17/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Are we talking about transgender people or are we talking about Western White Christianity? Think about it, you are accusing genderqueer people of having an agenda that already we have proof for for at least hundreds of years in USA alone.

Read the passage in your Bible about the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I love that people say that this site is becoming to liberal/progressive and anti christian.

We have a thread here form Fox News with a columnist pretty much making stuff up what is going on and doing so from a hard religions, christian, stand point and it is at 39 flags. Which lets be honest is a pretty decent count for a thread.

Wonder how much the other threads involving this topic are going to get..

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

People are attempting to burn into law the right to teach CHILDREN that it is ok to be mentally ill and mutilate the body you were born with. They are using the state to enforce that law. Where is the class to include teaching diversity in faith? right?? Oh no because we are the quacks.

It is organizations of faith that help feed the homeless, shelter them, and provide domestic abuse assistance in many municipalities across America. But we are the quacks who are the scourge of humanity for doing so under God. So instead we want to pretend to be progressive by corrupting minors with sexually deviant education against the wishes of the parents of the school.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Where is the class to include teaching diversity in faith? right?? Oh no because we are the quacks.

You mean comparative religion classes? You'll find them in public schools, or should.

edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have only ever heard of those classes in public high schools phage. I have never known those types of classes to be offered earlier unless in a private school.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So instead we want to pretend to be progressive by corrupting minors with sexually deviant education against the wishes of the parents of the school.

Um? Who are doing that? You are imagining things.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

People are attempting to burn into law the right to teach CHILDREN that it is ok to be mentally ill and mutilate the body you were born with.

So you know the Bible teaches and promotes circumcision, which is used even today. I'd say that is mutilation wouldn't you?

Are you saying its not okay to be mentally ill? Because I could argue your blind acceptance of a faith that I clearly know better than you is also mentally ill.

link   

People are attempting to burn into law the right to teach CHILDREN that it is ok to be mentally ill and mutilate the body you were born with.

Like teaching them about invisible men in the sky and fire monsters under the earth and magic and virgin births and turning water into wine....Those kinds of mental illnesses.

Or circumcision or eating the flesh of your savior and drinking his blood.....That kind of body mutilation???

link   

What a fantasy world you are living in. Tell me... does your fantasy come with unicorns?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join