It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I have only ever heard of those classes in public high schools phage.

And your point is?
Do you think "religious identity" subjects adolescents to the same angst as their sexual identity? Are kids driven to suicide because they are told that being Christian (or Buddhist) by their peers is sick?

Sexuality occurs at a younger age and with stronger impetus than religion. Confusion over sexual identity (by those affected and their peers) can have a very deep impact.
edit on 5/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

This question is just going to create a loop of the same constructive dialogue we have just had for the last ten pages. I think I have pretty much exhausted my opinions to most of the questions on this topic. Ill just go crawl back into the hole I came from now and be in awe of fire and shiny rocks, grunting all the while.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You'll never hear, or read, me say that organized religion such as Catholicism doesn't do a great deal of good. Because if I did, I'd be lying.

But I'm not going to deny that people use that very same religion as a mask/excuse for their hatred of others who are different.

Any organization that has humans in it is going to be both light and dark.

There is nothing deviant about teaching tolerance. No one is saying/teaching that they, the kids, have to be transgender. Just that they should be willing to live and let live.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

We didn't debate for the last ten pages. You have debated with others and I was a recent addition.

Anyway no one is trying to corrupt the minors here. That much is pretty clear.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
a reply to: seagull
It is organizations of faith that help feed the homeless, shelter them, and provide domestic abuse assistance in many municipalities across America. But we are the quacks who are the scourge of humanity for doing so under God. So instead we want to pretend to be progressive by corrupting minors with sexually deviant education against the wishes of the parents of the school.

Right, because you know, Science doesn't do a thing for humanity. What's that you're typing on again? And what age are you? If you're any older than 35, you're welcome. Might want to start thanking Science instead of God.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The point isn't to make you wrong and marginalize you though. At least not for me. I'm actually wondering if you see how the exact things you find "wrong" about them, they have been suffering those very same things and more for much longer. It's not just them either but most groups.

Now, that's not to say all Religious Sects do this or act in such ways. They don't. But I know personally for at least the last 40 years there has always been a Religious grip over just about everything and if you don't fit in exactly like you're told to it can be hell.

But now and only for a brief time LGBT people have pushed back and basically just want to be treated like anyone else. About the worst valid thing anyone has to complain about is a Gay Parade. How good must people have it that their main complaint is that somebody is having a parade??? Meanwhile through history people have been burned, tortured, starved, stoned, exiled, beaten, etc. because of Religion and just getting some people to simply admit that such things happened is impossible. Yet those same people act like they are being brutalized by Gays.

There is a serious imbalance there.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Since before, and after. That "decay" has always been present.
Do you stop to consider that the "News" is out to sell advertising? That good news doesn't really sell?

Did you not go back and read what I just posted about the reality of the propaganda that you are acting like you all of a sudden pulled a rabbit out of a hat about? How many times have you busted other posters balls here about doing the exact same thing?

Are you under the impression that you're the only person in the World that knows anything about the career of advertising? Other people have interests too you know, you don't really think that everyone is stupid now do you? I really wonder about that.

How is a couple in love (no matter their gender) depraved?

In case you fail to realize the error of your ways, then please provide the quote where I have ever claimed that someone is "depraved" for making their own personal choices? ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

then please provide the quote where I have ever claimed that someone is "depraved" for making their own personal choices? ~$heopleNation

It is your opinion that this nation is depraved and degrading which set them off. You have never answered their questions.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Having Faith does not equal anti-science. I love scienece and teach it to me kids all the time. I am not so much a creationist and lean more towards "intelligent design". However, I can say with great certainty that more humans are dead throughout our history thanks to advances in science. Whatever though.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147
I can say with great certainty that more humans are dead throughout our history thanks to advances in science. Whatever though.

And how did you land at that conclusion? So about that hole in the ground?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: honested3

oh well lets see, the primary cause of death for humanity has always been disease. Second after that is other people, i.e. WAR. What showcases all it pretty new tools for the creative deaths of people in every war?? DING DING DING, scientific innovation and technology.

And dont worry about my hole, I come and go from it as I please.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

According to who?

The reporter asked the school what their plans were and they told him they didn't have any yet.

Please show me something different if you are going to make the claim.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: honested3

And dont worry about my hole, I come and go from it as I please.

Lol you would be surprised how similar we are aside from the conflicting worldviews.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I can say with great certainty that more humans are dead throughout our history thanks to advances in science. Whatever though.

Wow...

Yes, a hole indeed, a deep, deep dark hole.

Sounds like you want to go back to the dark ages.

oh well lets see, the primary cause of death for humanity has always been disease.

And how many people are alive to day thanks to advancement in medical tech that would be dead 100 years ago?
But of course, more people are dying from advancement.
edit on thSun, 17 May 2015 01:58:43 -0500America/Chicago520154380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

This kid of behavior is disgusting. All these board members need to be arrested and sent to prison for corruption of minors. I would never put up with this crap in my school district, and would gladly use force to get my point across if necessary.

The homosexual agenda continues to brainwash our children and corrupt them. I am certain femenazis are involved in this as well. Sick and disgusting. I would not shed a tear if the pervert instructors in these classes, or at the very least the pervert board members that approved it came to a sudden demise.

Is it friggin time to purge yet?? So how natural it is when there are no laws and badges to protect this filth.

Woah - Ms Phelps.. is that you??

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
look man come on guys I dont think I am being unreasonable. I just think many people forget how easy it is to be confused as a child because we are all grown now and for the most part are not only set in our ways, but apathetic to ho the world perceives us.

Most children are not there yet. So lets just focus on ACTUAL education. Can we compromise?? I figure if a child continues these interests into teenager, they are pretty much have their mind set. Can we just set the limit at high school, and make it OPTIONAL? Is that too much to ask??

Its like South Park could not come on before ten pm when it first started, but yet family guy was ready to be seen by kids everywhere usually around the time they finished their homework after they get home from school. I dont want to ban Family Guy, I just dont want it on during the normal viewing hours kids are watching tv, or specifically the time when they are most watching tv.

Can we push this subject to high school here the teens are already closer to adulthood than childhood and make it part of an optional class?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

a reply to: seagull

People are attempting to burn into law the right to teach CHILDREN that it is ok to be mentally ill and mutilate the body you were born with.

Like teaching them about invisible men in the sky and fire monsters under the earth and magic and virgin births and turning water into wine....Those kinds of mental illnesses.

Or circumcision or eating the flesh of your savior and drinking his blood.....That kind of body mutilation???

I'd like to quickly address the wine & wafers as the obvious -- promoting cannibalism. I personally find it to be far more sick & twisted to play pretend with food that you're eating someone in a very serious manner than people being of different strokes. If there was anything physical of the man in the slightest, I'm sure they'd probably divvy it up today. After all, the ingestion of the wine as blood & wafers as flesh is merely a substitute for the real deal if you look at the act of communion for what it is.

Anyway, what we have on display here in the thread if a whole bunch of very loud noise. It's basically "I'm perfect, but you suck donkey nards!" and has little, no, zero basis in reality. What I see from people having a conniption fit over gender identity is extremely troubling. This is what happens when a lack of self-esteem & religion churn out in the end. Very sad little people who deign to have anyone happy in life but them, and using a damn book as the excuse for their anger & cruelty.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And how many people are alive to day thanks to advancement in medical tech that would be dead 100 years ago?

That would be me, although after being shot and in car accident, so I can go both ways lol...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: Sremmos80

That would be me, although after being shot and in car accident, so I can go both ways lol...

You could have been shot and in a wagon accident 100 years ago. But you probably would have died.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not promoting cannalbilism in the slightest.

It's a metaphor.

...and mocking it is no less wrong than what we're so vehemently against in this thread.

Tolerance goes both ways.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join